IGNORED

French Guy Beaten Up In Bristol, Culprits Sentenced

Mr Popodopolous

You may or may not have heard a story that basically became a mini international one whereby a French 16 year old on a French exchange got beaten up the other year on Bristol Downs by a group of youths.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england...tol/6899861.stm

It took on the International incident aspect because it got covered in French papers at the time.

Now then, the sentencing was not so long ago, but we also heard that they drank champange first:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england...tol/7290693.stm

Now, as for the sentencing and final outcomes, here it is:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/england...tol/7324681.stm

Now that won't have done much for the good name of Bristol round the world, indeed quite the opposite.

Now I knew this guy ins chool and he was in all honesty a bit oif a tosspot. But I didn't think of him to be capable of this heinous crime.

1 year in chokey.

When you think about it, he was quite unlucky really for the following reasons:

1) The French guy had brittle bone disease which didn't help

2) There was the International aspect of it.

3) It was widely reported.

I reckon had it been a local with none of those factors, then the sentence would have been non custodial.

The person i am specifically referring to is the one in the picture. He didn't have many friends, so would surely do anything to impress people, even this.

Last but not least, the sentence has restored my faith in the British justice system.

Oh yes, and people I know who were also in his year along with me are pretty chuffed about this, it has to be said.

Fixed links are here, here and here.

12 months (meaning 4-6 if they don't kill anyone inside) is ###### disgraceful for those pieces of human scum. Beating someone younger five versus one and leaving them so badly injured they can only crawl... that should have been ten years for the vermin.

Hope the French lad makes a full recovery.

I reckon had it been a local with none of those factors, then the sentence would have been non custodial.

Umm, the maximum sentence is life.

Robbery (stealing with threat of or use of violence) is almost without exception a custodial sentence - at least that was what was explained to me when I was on jury duty a couple of years ago.

Umm, the maximum sentence is life.

Robbery (stealing with threat of or use of violence) is almost without exception a custodial sentence - at least that was what was explained to me when I was on jury duty a couple of years ago.

You sure?

A guy I know said to me he was quite unlucky with the sentencing because of those factors that he told me.

Fixed links are here, here and here.

12 months (meaning 4-6 if they don't kill anyone inside) is ###### disgraceful for those pieces of human scum. Beating someone younger five versus one and leaving them so badly injured they can only crawl... that should have been ten years for the vermin.

Hope the French lad makes a full recovery.

Apparently they had "previous good character", and champagne fuelled it and while I'm not excusing it, the one in the picture, well I knew him in science class and I can honestly say I don't know if he is all there as it were.

Brittle bone disease didn;t help, first report said only pushed, second said attacked, third said assualted.

And I completely concur, I hope he makes a full recovery.

You sure?

A guy I know said to me he was quite unlucky with the sentencing because of those factors that he told me.

The guy is wrong. Don't confuse robbery with theft or assault, robbery is viewed as a far more serious crime.

Apparently they had "previous good character", and champagne fuelled it and while I'm not excusing it, the one in the picture, well I knew him in science class and I can honestly say I don't know if he is all there as it were.

Brittle bone disease didn;t help, first report said only pushed, second said attacked, third said assualted.

And I completely concur, I hope he makes a full recovery.

Brittle bone disease has no bearing on it as far as I know, it wouldn't have been a problem had the scumbags not decided to beat and rob him for kicks. I don't think it affects the sentencing either way because it's the intent and level of violence that matters.

Champagne fuelled my hairy arse, champagne doesn't cause people to be thugs nor does any other alcohol. Being a ###### does.

Archived