IGNORED

One For The Stattos?

RightUpInCider

I still can not beleive that with 4 games to go, we are top with zero goal difference.

But has any team ever managed to get promoted with -ve goal difference?

What is the lowest goal difference in history for a title winning team?

Any ideas?

There was a feature on the web i think saying that the only time the bottom team has out scored the top is when Rotherham got ten points deducted and the finished in the bottom 3 with the top team scoring less goals than them but nobody has ever done it with such a a neg or such a low plus. Least i think it was Rotherham but Colchester have scored more than us this season and look odds on to go down. There never been any instance like this as far as I know. Bristol City to re-write the history books.

Believe

Guest ashtonyate
I still can not beleive that with 4 games to go, we are top with zero goal difference.

But has any team ever managed to get promoted with -ve goal difference?

What is the lowest goal difference in history for a title winning team?

Any ideas?

not yet could be this year we hope

The only time a team that has finished bottom of the league has scored more goals that the teams at the top was actually peterborough in 1927 (if i remember the article correctly), but that was after they finished mid table then had 10 points deducted at the end of the season. so strictly speaking NO-ONE has ever finished top that has scored less goals than the team at the bottom...

... until this year i hope!

Guest zider_head

No team in the history of the english football leagues (top 4 flights) has ever won automatic promotion with a single positive goal differance or a top leauge goal scorer in single figures both of which we have at present and unless byfield scores twice we wont over come

Archived