IGNORED

We Must Drop Adebole!

mookey

Its not that he's playing badly or any worse than anyone else is just that playing Adebole up front unfortunately has really messed up our way of playing and team pattern. Over the last two months our play has been rubbish and our results have been rubbish. Even the Sunday Times reporter was shocked of out 'tactic' of lumping it at Southampton.

We have based a whole season of amazing success on playing 4-4-1-1 not scoring lots of goals but playing controlled football with the wingers getting up and down and the 'centre forward ' holding up the ball. Unfortunately Adebole is big, he can sometimes hold it up, but rather than use this extra dimension we have lost it with aimless hoofing up the pitch.

In my opinion Brooker is now much more suited to the 'hold up' play and Adebole should be on the bench fulfilling the 'Vasko' role of the big guy up front in the last 15 mins if things are going pear shaped. Also Byfield must also be on the bench, his speed at the end of the game when teams are tiring is invaluable.

In midfield, I'm afraid Noble, Murray and Skuse should never get a look in, they in my opinion, have nothing to add to the team at this level and are a waste of space. I love Murray but he's lost it, the legs have gone. Elliot and Carle must be in the team, they have real talent. At the back I prefer Fontaine over McCombe along Carey as he has pace and a real football brain. In the upcoming games we face the divisons top scorers in the division at Sheff Utd and Wolves.

In essence we have to return to basics, the team pattern we have based all our success this season on and not chase 4-4-2 Gary, if you are listening 4-4-2 = defeat not more goals)

The Team must be

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Mcalistair

Mcindoe

Johnson

Elliot

Sproule

Carle

Brooker

subs

Vasko/Trundle

Byfield

Goalkeeper

Adebole

MCCombe

City can still do it, lets just return to basics!

This seems sensible to me

I think adebola needs another striker up with him, after the last 3 games from the bench, 1 offside goal, 1 last min winner and the only danger player on the pitch at st mary's it has to be brooker

adebola will win his fair share but if nobody is near him to pick up the 2nd ball, itas all in vain.

plus brooker will take some pressure off him

for me it has to be the top 2, it should of been at st marys, as noble behind adebola 1st half against norwich and soton was shocking

I think Adebola is decent enough but agree with your comments, Adebola playing as a lone striker gets knackered after about 30 mins, Saturday i would play

. . . . . . . . . .Basso

Wilson Fontaine Carey McAllister

Sproule.. Elliot.. Johnson Mcindoe

. . . . . . . . . Carle

. . . . . . . . Brooker

Subs:

Weale

Vasko

Skuse

Trundle

Adebola

Trundle, Adebola could be good impact players if required with Skuse and Vasko there if we need to shore up and grind out a result.

I think adebola needs another striker up with him, after the last 3 games from the bench, 1 offside goal, 1 last min winner and the only danger player on the pitch at st mary's it has to be brooker

adebola will win his fair share but if nobody is near him to pick up the 2nd ball, itas all in vain.

plus brooker will take some pressure off him

for me it has to be the top 2, it should of been at st marys, as noble behind adebola 1st half against norwich and soton was shocking

Spot on.As I said in a previuos post and stated at the time of the Adebola signing I don't want us to turn into a team where everything is lumped up to Adebola.This is surely no better than some of the less attractive opposition in the CCC.

Unfortunatley this is what has happened.Wolves would of done their homework for Saturday and if they have watched the last few ganes they would of seen how 1 dimensional we have become.

We must make the changes and Brooker must start

troble is adebola is where or goals are comin from

Agreed he has scored some good and valuable goals, but Brookes back up front is like having a new player, none of our opponents would of seen much of him so maybe there will be the same element of surprise as there has been for the majority of this season

Guest ashtonyate
Its not that he's playing badly or any worse than anyone else is just that playing Adebole up front unfortunately has really messed up our way of playing and team pattern. Over the last two months our play has been rubbish and our results have been rubbish. Even the Sunday Times reporter was shocked of out 'tactic' of lumping it at Southampton.

We have based a whole season of amazing success on playing 4-4-1-1 not scoring lots of goals but playing controlled football with the wingers getting up and down and the 'centre forward ' holding up the ball. Unfortunately Adebole is big, he can sometimes hold it up, but rather than use this extra dimension we have lost it with aimless hoofing up the pitch.

In my opinion Brooker is now much more suited to the 'hold up' play and Adebole should be on the bench fulfilling the 'Vasko' role of the big guy up front in the last 15 mins if things are going pear shaped. Also Byfield must also be on the bench, his speed at the end of the game when teams are tiring is invaluable.

In midfield, I'm afraid Noble, Murray and Skuse should never get a look in, they in my opinion, have nothing to add to the team at this level and are a waste of space. I love Murray but he's lost it, the legs have gone. Elliot and Carle must be in the team, they have real talent. At the back I prefer Fontaine over McCombe along Carey as he has pace and a real football brain. In the upcoming games we face the divisons top scorers in the division at Sheff Utd and Wolves.

In essence we have to return to basics, the team pattern we have based all our success this season on and not chase 4-4-2 Gary, if you are listening 4-4-2 = defeat not more goals)

The Team must be

Basso

Orr

Carey

Fontaine

Mcalistair

Mcindoe

Johnson

Elliot

Sproule

Carle

Brooker

subs

Vasko/Trundle

Byfield

Goalkeeper

Adebole

MCCombe

City can still do it, lets just return to basics!

I really can't believe this post drop adebola you are having a laugh the truth is playing 4 -4- 1 -1 is the problem teams have work us out we need to play 4-4-2 and have ago at teams had we done so at Southampton we may have got a result

Agreed he has scored some good and valuable goals, but Brookes back up front is like having a new player, none of our opponents would of seen much of him so maybe there will be the same element of surprise as there has been for the majority of this season

Yes that's a possibility, and something I'd like to see us try and take advantage of. I don't think I'd drop Adebola though. One thing I noticed, and which has been mentioned on here, is McAllister's constant long-passing in Dele's general direction against Southampton. I'd encourage McIndoe on the left and whoever starts on the right to come short, take the ball from the full back, play back through to the middle, and switch the play.

Hitting it over the top if only an option if Sproule is on the RIGHT wing and will run past the full back without the ball. Otherwise, ignore the fact Adebola is a big strong bastard, and play through the midfield. A quick look at the Wolves team suggests an average Championship defence (Michael Gray the exception with Premier League experience) and thus I'd like to think our front four would have the beating of them. Yes, that means 4-4-2: with genuine support from the wingers and one central midfielder bursting into the box.

Dropping Adebola won't happen. It took me a while to get there, but it won't happen.

I think Adebola is decent enough but agree with your comments, Adebola playing as a lone striker gets knackered after about 30 mins, Saturday i would play

. . . . . . . . . .Basso

Wilson Fontaine Carey McAllister

Sproule.. Elliot.. Johnson Mcindoe

. . . . . . . . . Carle

. . . . . . . . Brooker

Subs:

Weale

Vasko

Skuse

Trundle

Adebola

Trundle, Adebola could be good impact players if required with Skuse and Vasko there if we need to shore up and grind out a result.

Looks like you've got it spot on. I would be very happy to see this starting lineup, and up we will go in second.

I totally agree with this thread, I think Adebola should be dropped for Wolves. I would love to see Brooker and Trundle up front. We need to be more attacking from the start and not chasing games.

I'm with this combination - but think it would take injury to dele for it to happen (from the start anyway). You're never going to get universal support for suggesting LT starts, I think in most fans (and GJ's) minds he is a distant fourth behind dele, brooks and byfield.

Archived