IGNORED

Basso

Ealing Robin

Where would we be without Basso ?

In Hell !

Nice one.

There's no doubting he's a cracking shot stopper and he reminds me a lot of Fabien Barthez in that respect.

He saved us from a Rugby score on Saturday and I lose count of the other times he's pulled off cracking saves that Premier League goalkeepers would be happy with.

I fear that next year we will soon have to face up to life without Basso.

Remember that before we signed Basso Arsene Wenger had tried to sign him but failed to get a work permit. The Prem is not blessed with Goalkeeping talent. Lets face it Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool have only two top keepers between them (Van Der Saar and Reina) outside of this the others are all Top Championship or average Prem Keepers. The rest of the dividsion bar Given, Harper, James, Robinson are all around the same standard. and many of them would not automatically claim a place in the top 10 championship sides!

If Basso wants Prem football at the age of 32 (and realise his dream of playing international football) he will surely go if we don't take him there!

Lets Beleive we can get him there!

Just makes you think really

were second in the league with a zero goal difference

without him where would we be? :noexpression:

without him I'm sure we wouldnt be where we our in the league

and god knows what our goal difference would be.

I Believe

Same place that we would be if we had players that could score I expect.

cech is another top keeper.. almunia is a great keeper..

Joe hart showed this season that hes one for future..

basso i think would fit a prem side lets hope its with city and not anyone else!

Apologies I forgot about Chec, I have many mates who are season ticket holders at Arsenal and they say that other than a midfield general in the Viera mould the one thing they want is a bloody good keeper as Almunia is not a top four keeper.

Joe Hart - You said it one for the future not a great keeper now.

Given - Should be at top four club

James/Robinson - Top four club keeper? Too many costly mistakes for me.

Lets face it Spain and Italy have more quality keepers than our Prem and you are dead right Basso would fit most prem sides as either first choice or as competition!

Lets pray for it as 1st coice with the CIty!

I fear that next year we will soon have to face up to life without Basso.

Remember that before we signed Basso Arsene Wenger had tried to sign him but failed to get a work permit. The Prem is not blessed with Goalkeeping talent. Lets face it Man U, Arsenal, Liverpool have only two top keepers between them (Van Der Saar and Reina) outside of this the others are all Top Championship or average Prem Keepers. The rest of the dividsion bar Given, Harper, James, Robinson are all around the same standard. and many of them would not automatically claim a place in the top 10 championship sides!

If Basso wants Prem football at the age of 32 (and realise his dream of playing international football) he will surely go if we don't take him there!

Lets Beleive we can get him there!

I think you may be right. Teams like Blackburn [brad Friedel], Middlesbrough [Mark Schwarzer], Portsmouth [David James] have keepers nearing the end of the careers and will surely be on the look about this summer. Spurs are chasing a goalie or two too [if Paul Robinson goes]. They all can't look further with Basso in such brilliant form.

If the unthinkable, erm, doesn't happen afterall, and an offer comes in the region of 500k, I feel the club will accept a bid for him.

Archived