IGNORED

Season Ticket Renewal Online System

Sticks

Have just tried to renew mine and my daughters season ticket online (she is 9) and currently has an u21 season ticket. She qualifies for u16 now at £105 and small print states she is eligible to keep current seat at new price.

However online site is not capable of reducing the price! After waiting in the phone queue for an hour I was told she couldn't renew at that price and after arguing that you can I am told I can have at new price it's just this change has to be done manually on the system and isn't available online.

To cut it short I wonder how many other renewals have been done online and paid too much as system is unable to adjust to new prices basd on date of birth. There is no warning of this anywhere. I am pleased they have reduced price for u16s and U7's are free but if I hadn't had argued and asked to speak to a manager I would be another £100 out of pocket. It makes you wonder if it's done on purpose

Sounds like yet another case of a poorly designed online system and ticket office staff not knowing the details of ticket prices and policies that the club have published.

I would suggest that you call the club (the non ticket office number) and ask to speak to the general manager and make your complaint. Until enough people do this they'll carry on getting it wrong.

Sounds like yet another case of a poorly designed online system and ticket office staff not knowing the details of ticket prices and policies that the club have published.

I would suggest that you call the club (the non ticket office number) and ask to speak to the general manager and make your complaint. Until enough people do this they'll carry on getting it wrong.

If they could get the online system working properly, it has great potential. for those of us who have a simple renewal, and just need to pay, it was brilliant, done in less than 2 minutes.

But its obvious that people who to purchase a different type of season ticket or in a different stand, are not accomodated for on the system. If they could fix that, it would be a brilliant system.

If they could get the online system working properly, it has great potential. for those of us who have a simple renewal, and just need to pay, it was brilliant, done in less than 2 minutes.

But its obvious that people who to purchase a different type of season ticket or in a different stand, are not accomodated for on the system. If they could fix that, it would be a brilliant system.

As you say, for the ultra simple cases it's great, and a big improvement on what went before. However it's very easy to make an application that gets the simple things right.

The harder thing to do is create an application that deals with more complex problems like the one described above.

There are some functional problems:

- There's no way to move your season ticket (seats or stands).

- You can't book a seat swap for an individual game.

- You can't cancel a ticket (eg if a game K.O. time is changed).

- The system doesn't work out changed entitlements as above.

- There's only a very limited means of selected which seat you're buying which means in reserved seating situations you can only get seats together if one person pays for it all.

There are also some technical problems with the way payment is processed - you basically have to have a completely unsecure browser for it to work because it unnecessarily relies on script and cross site script at that, and also it doesn't seem to cope well at all with high loads which is what you're always going to get when there's a ticket release for a big game.

I'd view what they have now as a good start, but far from complete.

Archived