IGNORED

Traffic Lights

Nogbad the Bad

I see they're pulverising the roundabout at the bottom of Jacobs Wells and erecting numerous poles in all directions.

It appears there will shortly be yet more traffic lights to disturb the flow of traffic.

Never been a problem at this roundabout surely? Nice scenic roundabout with mature trees and works well. How can this benefit anybody? :dunno:

Won't be long until there are traffic lights every 50 yards in Bristol and any remaining pleasure removed from motoring completely.

Already slower than London - and the highest proliferation of traffic lights in the country.

A clear attempt by the council to make driving miserable and force us off the road. :ranting:

Its been going on for weeks, and I thought they were just resurfacing or something, til I saw all the poles appear.

Bloody annoying, and I cant see how its going to make the situation there any better. It does tend to clog up a bit during rush hour, but traffic lights are only going to make it worse.

:ranting:

WHAT?

There are already traffic lights up there, why and where are they planning to put new ones. And as for the trees, do we need to get up there and chain ourselves to them Nogbad?

From memory, I didn't buy the paper, just had a gander at Sainsbury's..........

Complete "upgrade" with new cycle lanes/bus lanes etc. paid for with some multi million pound grant Bristol was " lucky" enough to win, if I understand it correctly.

All change from Whiteladies to the Water Tower, slip road from the Water Tower to top of Blackboy to be cycle only, 20 parking places to be lost from outside fitness centre /garage area. One of the new traffic lights would be where the zebra is at the roundabout i think.

Trees to be removed along Stoke Road, presumably for road widening as the pavements are already massive and used by cyclists. No point chaining yourself to any trees, they'll chop them anyway. Lots of gaps all over the Downs where they cut down mature trees in the Spring for no apparent reason. No replacements in sight months later.

The Downs is being gradually chipped away at, what do the Downs Committee do exactly?

As for yet more traffic lights on a system that works perfectly well already, well words (almost) fail me. Months of inconvenience and an ugly mess at the end of it.

I'm a happy boy with that :cool2:

You don't reckon 'The Beautiful City' might be a bit less beautiful if they chop down a row of mature trees on the Downs and replace them with unsightly black traffic light poles in all directions then? :whistle::dunno:

Archived