IGNORED

Woah! Hull Season Ticket Sale Allready.

YattonRed

Hull are one of the biggest cities in the country. They have a massive catchment area for fans so no suprise that they have sold 10k tickets. They also have a nice new stadium they share with the rugby team. :)

But we're a bigger city, yet we have only sold 6,000?

No excuse really.

• SC&T Board Members

No excuse really.

They have no competition and our 6,000 figure is now history. Wait for the figure come Saturday. I'd be surprised if it's not also around the 10k mark ... lots of people leave renewals to the last minute.

No excuse really.

We'll surpass our own record of 10,000 by the time the season starts.

Hull also do ridiculously low prices to get bums on seats up there. Seem to recall they had ST's on offer for as little as £120 for an adult this season so no surprise they sold that many already. It's called tapping into your catchment area, something our board no very little about.

Our cheapest adult ST price for next year cost far less than their adult prices to be fair. They've sold 7500 to existing ST holders, we've sold 7200 odd so no great difference! If new ST holders are given an incentive to buy before the end of the season while our fate is unknown, I reckon we'll have a minimum of 11,500 ST holders. There's no reason why we can't shift more tickets than Hull, Bristol is far bigger, far wealthier and Rovers aren't realistic competition anymore.

If our ST's were on general sale then we would be well over the 10k mark. However as they are only at the renewals stage then I'm not surprised its at 7k and I'm sure renewals will be over 9k. There is always a percentage that leaves it until the last minute. And also it don't include premier credit which most be a few hundred.

"Hull also do ridiculously low prices to get bums on seats up there. Seem to recall they had ST's on offer for as little as £120 for an adult..."

The actual figure for the cheapest adult season ticket is £355 if it's bought during the discount period. The full price is £385 which is £95 more expensive than your cheapest season ticket - Bristol must be an even more deprived area than Hull!

By the way, I would expect that total season ticket sales will be around 15,000 :cool2:

No sorry wrong, look at the 2001 census, next census 2011

Looks like we both might be wrong.

No joy with your census site, but just had a look on another site, LoveMyTown.co.uk

Quotes census 2001: Bristol 8th, 420,556

Hull 12th, 301,416

Both moving down the table from the figures I found previously with Hull, at least, due to a fairly marked population fall.

Googling isn't my strong point ( In fact, so poor I ought to keep out of these factfinder disputes really!) but can't find Hull as low as 16th anywhere.

We're quite a bit bigger than Hull though wherever you look.

Mind you, with Hull being a single team City I suppose we'd need a population of 600,000+ in Bristol to really compare ST sales.

Rovers don't have many match day supporters but I think we all know there are many around us who don't watch them but favour them from afar and "support" them over City in that way. So, despite attendances, Bristol is a genuinely split two team City.

There are more "anti - City" Rovers fans ( who never watch them) in my road in Southville than there are City fans. :angry:

Quotes census 2001: Bristol 8th, 420,556

Hull 12th, 301,416

The figure for Bristol only includes population with the ridiculously dated city boundaries so does not include the vast majority of East Bristol (Kingswood, mangotsfield, Emersons, Longwell Green etc) or North Bristol (Filton, Patchway, Stoke Gifford, Bradley Stoke etc). Other big cities in the UK have had their bounaries expanded to include the urban growth

Adding this population of these areas would give you a truer figure of the population of "Bristol", I would hazard a guess of over 800,000

With that in mind, and if we hit the premier league, I would expect us to have almost all home tickets as season tickets

Archived