IGNORED

Well Done

Northern Glover

Still following your results and keeping my fingers crossed for you. Whatever happens you chaps have had a terrific season and put west country football back on the map. I hope you make it to the Premier league. You were not expected to do this well and I think it's because this season your players want to "die" for the club and get you up there. Unfortunately for us, while it was apparent last season for a small club like ours, it is sadly lacking this year and we are facing League 2 football, because too many just want to pick up their pay check and go home after, the football has become a "job" rather than about the success of the club.

Good luck

Tim

Yeovil FC :clap:

Still following your results and keeping my fingers crossed for you. Whatever happens you chaps have had a terrific season and put west country football back on the map. I hope you make it to the Premier league. You were not expected to do this well and I think it's because this season your players want to "die" for the club and get you up there. Unfortunately for us, while it was apparent last season for a small club like ours, it is sadly lacking this year and we are facing League 2 football, because too many just want to pick up their pay check and go home after, the football has become a "job" rather than about the success of the club.

Good luck

Tim

Yeovil FC :clap:

Good shout mate. What worries me though is that when a "small" club punch above their weight all season and get carried along with sheer commitment and passion, and then fail at the last hurdle, the following season is down to earth with a large bump. Three things happen here. One is that other clubs know what to expect from you, and have a score to settle from the season before, and also the players find it hard to put in the same level of effort and commitment for another long season. Couple this with other clubs pinching your best players, and you have a Colchester, Yeovil, Reading situation. That is why, I believe, we musn't fail to go up this season because it will be a long time before we get close again.

Unfortunately for us, while it was apparent last season for a small club like ours, it is sadly lacking this year and we are facing League 2 football, because too many just want to pick up their pay check and go home after, the football has become a "job" rather than about the success of the club.

The lady on the radio after the games today was saying much the same, players out doing second jobs dj-ing etc the night before a game, when they should be concentrating on their football.

Said there were only about 5 players who were playing for the shirt.

Guest MaloneFM
Said there were only about 5 players who were playing for the shirt.

Things must be bad when there is only one shirt between five of them.

Archived