IGNORED

Get Behind Sproule

Whilst i agree that Sproule had one of his less effective games you can see that he is lacking confidence. What he needs to do is just take a chance and go at people and try to get around them. Once he does that you will see a different player. What's needed now is for us to get behind ALL the team and try to keep things in perspective we are still well placed and we need to keep the faith. The support today was not all that good tbh i think we all could have made more noise but we need something to shout about.

The Penalty that never was beggers belief. I now firmly believe that nobody outside of this club wants us to gain promotion and i have believed that for the last few games the Referee was so onesided he may as well have caged a lift with the Wolves team bus home. Absolute DISGRACE and that goes for the linesman too how could they have bothed missed it. I was sat behind the goal in the EE and the linesman was looking along the line he saw it but so did the ref classic case of nobody wanting to give IT for fear of upsetteing Mickey "Mouse" McCarthy.

Well i say if we not going to get the decisions then we have to make each chance count so that we can stick two fingers up to all those people who would rather see

a more fashionable or yoyo team get promoted.

Mickey Mouse said that his team deserved the Win today what game was he watching just because you have Millions to spend on a squad that does not entitle you to promotion over little Bristol City you deluded fool. Time to take off your rose tinted glasses and take another look at the table Mick it never lies!!!

So i say get behind Sproule and the rest of the lads thats whats needed. Encorage him to go at the defence once he does that he will also have the final ball because the two go hand in hand. He has the pace he just needs to get the ball and get his head down and run at em scare the life out of em. If he loses the ball so what we will more than likely get a throw or corner. SO Sproule HEAD DOWN AND RUN SON knock it around them and run on to it whatever it takes but you do have the ability so get out there and do it. Nobody will have a go at you for losing the ball on the odd occasion.

TO ALL REFEREES PLAY FAIR DO NOT PANDER TO IDIOTS LIKE MICK MCCARTHY HE HAD HE CHANCE BEFORE AND BLOWN IT AND WILL DO SO AGAIN THE MAN IS A BAFFON.

And I cannot believe MM said that he believed his side should of had a penalty because the gound went so quiet THATS because the ref gave every decision against us you self important PLICK most of the ground thought he was going to stay true to form thats why went so quiet. How can one man be so woefully out of touch with the game.

BELIEVE

Three things:

1.Wolves should have had a penalty when Carle fouled Jarvis when he did Orr for the umpteenth time so WE got away with that.

2.Our failure to gain a win today was nothing to do with the Referee who, I'll admit wasn't the best-Neither was he the worst we've had, home & away.

3.Ivan Sproule is lacking courage as well as confidence and backed out of at least two if nt three tackles and great opportunities today.That will turn the fans against him as much as two goals & two assists in 40 games-Ala Trundle, week in, week out, he aint good enough and GJ made a right rick signing him.

It's about time OUR team gave the fans something to sing about instead of GJ and "we are not worthy" happy clappys, teling everyone what they need to do.

Three things:

1.Wolves should have had a penalty when Carle fouled Jarvis when he did Orr for the umpteenth time so WE got away with that.

2.Our failure to gain a win today was nothing to do with the Referee who, I'll admit wasn't the best-Neither was he the worst we've had, home & away.

3.Ivan Sproule is lacking courage as well as confidence and backed out of at least two if nt three tackles and great opportunities today.That will turn the fans against him as much as two goals & two assists in 40 games-Ala Trundle, week in, week out, he aint good enough and GJ made a right rick signing him.

It's about time OUR team gave the fans something to sing about instead of GJ and "we are not worthy" happy clappys, teling everyone what they need to do.

I'd like to know where you were sat cos he clearly got the ball it was NOT a Penalty i was sat 10 yards away from it. Mcindoe was clearly hauled back in the first half when through on goal and odds on to beat the keeper to the ball and the REF bottled it. I will say that the fans do need somethng to cheer and i thought Byfield 1-on-1 in the first min was a good chance he should have buried and we may not be having this dicussion.

OK TBH i having thought about iv'e seen them given bout our shot for penalty in the first half was as clear cut as they get. Again i was yards away but you did'nt need to be how does a player running at full pelt end up falling over backwards it defies the law gravity.

Sproule is simply not good enough. He's had enough games to show us what he can do, and quite simply he either hasn't done so, or if he has, then he can't do much. He can't run at players, just head down and run towards the sideline most of the time. He can't cross a ball for toffee. You say beating a man and getting in a telling cross go hand in hand. How? They're two completely different skills, neither of which he seems to possess!

However....I did say to someone yesterday that i couldn't remember the last winger we had who really could put in a dangerous cross... anyone care to enlighten me?

Sproule is simply not good enough. He's had enough games to show us what he can do, and quite simply he either hasn't done so, or if he has, then he can't do much. He can't run at players, just head down and run towards the sideline most of the time. He can't cross a ball for toffee. You say beating a man and getting in a telling cross go hand in hand. How? They're two completely different skills, neither of which he seems to possess!

However....I did say to someone yesterday that i couldn't remember the last winger we had who really could put in a dangerous cross... anyone care to enlighten me?

I've seen him put crosses in, MacIndoe's got on the end of two of them and scored.

Most frustrating thing for me is that he doesn't sit on the fullbacks shoulder, with his speed a ball over the defence and he is almost certain to be first to it, a la Murray in his pomp.

Sproule to be encouraged due to lack of confidence??? There are only 3 effing games left, a bit late in my view

Ivan Sproule was our best chance of opening up the Wolves defence on our right wing yesterday. For a player that was really really quick at the start of the season he was playing as if he had lead in his boots yesterday. Is Sproule carrying an injury? Bradley Orr was often having to take the ball forward on the right wing yesterday while Sproule was ambling around.

Lack of ability is one thing, bottling challenges is unforgiveable. If he doesn't want to know he should tell Gary Johnson and step aside and let someone else take his place.

I thought he let his team mates down yesterday, he was jumping out of challenges deliberately and a ball that was put through to him in front of the Atyeo was given up on long before it went out.

Needs replacing in the summer.

Ivan Sproule was our best chance of opening up the Wolves defence on our right wing yesterday. For a player that was really really quick at the start of the season he was playing as if he had lead in his boots yesterday. Is Sproule carrying an injury? Bradley Orr was often having to take the ball forward on the right wing yesterday while Sproule was ambling around.

If he was our best chance of opening them up then we are in big trouble. He never once beat the full back on a run.

Sproule defo looked like carrying an inujury yesterday. For a guy with that much pace suddenly having no pace second half he must have been struggling, I agree that pace down the right and on the break was the way through Wolves yesterday and we were found wanting in that department. I couldn't see any pace coming off the bench and that is a major worry. I think the guy who mentioned JMW could have a fair point we will defo need pace in the next few games and if Sproule is injured that worries me! I'm ready to get shot down but how about a place on the bench for a young un like Plummer? Seen lots of young uns getting their chance with Palarse and Whooosford think Byfield is defo more effective coming on late and probably Sproule if fit as well both good impact players and pace is always more effective up front at the end of the game

Here's what i don't get.

How could Sproule have gone from the player who put Man City on the backfoot when introduced at half time in August and generally pacy, delivered 2 fine crosses in successive games for McIndoe, that brilliant goal vs Southampton to somebody who can maybe beat players but with no end product.

I just do not understand it. :noexpression:

Spot on RG, for all the flak Orr cops on here he got absolutely no support offensively or defensively from Sproule yesterday.

I know Bradley isn't the best distributor of the ball we've ever seen but what the hell is he supposed to do with a bloke in front of him who made no runs to support and clearly didn't want to be given the ball most of the time?

I'd like to know where you were sat cos he clearly got the ball it was NOT a Penalty i was sat 10 yards away from it.

I was in The Dolman and if you were ten yards away you must have been in goal :disapointed2se:

Mcindoe was clearly hauled back in the first half when through on goal and odds on to beat the keeper to the ball and the REF bottled it. I will say that the fans do need somethng to cheer and i thought Byfield 1-on-1 in the first min was a good chance he should have buried and we may not be having this dicussion.

When was that??

OK TBH i having thought about iv'e seen them given bout our shot for penalty in the first half was as clear cut as they get. Again i was yards away but you did'nt need to be how does a player running at full pelt end up falling over backwards it defies the law gravity.

So clear cut it didn't even make our own highlights?

I've seen him put crosses in, MacIndoe's got on the end of two of them and scored.

Most frustrating thing for me is that he doesn't sit on the fullbacks shoulder, with his speed a ball over the defence and he is almost certain to be first to it, a la Murray in his pomp.

wow, 2 whole crosses that set up goals in (nearly) an entire season.

This kid must be good.

Alan Walsh & Bob Taylor loved it!!

Two goals & two assists in 40 appearances says it all.

Here's what i don't get.

How could Sproule have gone from the player who put Man City on the backfoot when introduced at half time in August and generally pacy, delivered 2 fine crosses in successive games for McIndoe, that brilliant goal vs Southampton to somebody who can maybe beat players but with no end product.

I just do not understand it. :noexpression:

I used to play cricket with a guy who could everything in the nets-but rarely in a game.

Our coach used to call him BWNR..Brilliant When Not Required

He was a bottler when push came to shove as well.

reading through some of the postings in this and other threads about assist/goals etc, I really don't know what people expect from a club just promoted from league 1.

I really don't know what people expect from some of our players at times, be it sproule, LJ, noble, mcindoe, murray, mcallister, brooker or anyone else in the team, the team has spent majority of the season in the top 6, so obviously players are doing the business on the field.

you just need to look at some stats around the leagues to see how totally misleading and manipulating it can be just to point at a figure like that to assess a player or his season, just need to look at Ryan Giggs, 5 assists this season, Paul Scholes - 3, Wright-Phillips 4, however would you class any of them as bad players?

it's just a case of some people using anything they can to put a negative spin on anything to suit their argument, personally it doesn't wash with me and I prefer to base my views of a players' form over the season on more than just a simple figure.

Spot on RG, for all the flak Orr cops on here he got absolutely no support offensively or defensively from Sproule yesterday.

I know Bradley isn't the best distributor of the ball we've ever seen but what the hell is he supposed to do with a bloke in front of him who made no runs to support and clearly didn't want to be given the ball most of the time?

I'm a great fan of Bradley Orr - 100% effort and commitment from him in every game I've ever seen him play for us. Along with Basso and McCombe he's probably one of the most improved players since signing for us as well. Contrast Ivan Sproule to Bradley Orr, Sproule's done the very opposite to Orr and he seems to be getting worse with every game.

How the hell can Sproule - who beat 3 Southampton players at pace to score for us earlier in the season - put in that type of performance yesterday against Wolves ???!!!! He's either carrying an injury or just can't be arsed.

reading through some of the postings in this and other threads about assist/goals etc, I really don't know what people expect from a club just promoted from league 1.

I really don't know what people expect from some of our players at times, be it sproule, LJ, noble, mcindoe, murray, mcallister, brooker or anyone else in the team, the team has spent majority of the season in the top 6, so obviously players are doing the business on the field.

you just need to look at some stats around the leagues to see how totally misleading and manipulating it can be just to point at a figure like that to assess a player or his season, just need to look at Ryan Giggs, 5 assists this season, Paul Scholes - 3, Wright-Phillips 4, however would you class any of them as bad players?

it's just a case of some people using anything they can to put a negative spin on anything to suit their argument, personally it doesn't wash with me and I prefer to base my views of a players' form over the season on more than just a simple figure.

I base my view on Sproule on what i have seen with my own eye's over the course of a season (bar 3 games), and not just stats.

McIndoes sats are not great either BUT you can see him try and you can also see his ability.

I base my view on Sproule on what i have seen with my own eye's over the course of a season (bar 3 games), and not just stats.

McIndoes sats are not great either BUT you can see him try and you can also see his ability.

If it was Alan Sugar's Apprentice Show it would be "Sproule - you're fired !!!!!" after yesterday's showing.

McIndoes so called stats (as i've stated in another posting) rate him as the 5th best midfielder in this divsion in terms of assist.

Here is what I see as facts that have been consistent throughout our season

1) We cannot deliver a ball from the right . This applies to both Bradley Orr who simply floats a soft ball in every time and to Sproule whose delivery rarely gets there.

2) Sproule needs to use his pace to get to the by-line and pull the ball back at pace to, generally speaking around the penalty spot for someone to run onto. All to often it is in the 6 yard area which is the command of the keeper, particularly when delivered at height.

3) Sproule is not provided enough delivery to impact on a game. Everything we do is down the left where McIndoe lacks pace to go past a defender, always checking back to McCallister.

4) Sproule needs to ball played 10-15 yards in front of him and behind the defender for him to run onto. No one will catch him

5) Sproule himself needs to when he has the ball at his feet play the ball 10-15 yards beyond his defender for the same reason as 4)

6) Sproule needs to learn to play the ball firmly from a cross, on the ground for someone to run onto, not softly floated across in the air

7) Sproule needs to stay wide, keep the backs stretched and create space, not narrow it by drifting inside for goal kicks and alike

8) Bradley and Sproule should spend this week learning how to cross a ball and for Sproule practising going past players as stated above.

If this can be achieved then we will have a very effective right hand side.

If not then we must consider Wilson in one of those positions for this week's game against Stoke and maybe the last 3 games of the season

Archived