IGNORED

Why Has Gj Given Up

I was in the car listening to the radio after the game and GJ said druing an interview on 5 live when asked this queston.

GJ do you think second place is slipping away from you now?

GJ" yes probably it has and realistically we are playing for a play off spot."

:surrender:

WTF this is either some serious kidoligy for the benefit of god knows who because all the other managers would have been just coming off the pitch or he has given up. I AM HUGELY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS STATEMENT AND REFUSE TO BELIVE THAT OUR CHANCE FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION HAS GONE 3 POINTS SEPERATE THE TOP 5 SIDES.

It will not be easy because of our goal difference but it is still there to be had especially as WBA and Hoofers FC drew yesterday. A win at Stoke will see up leap frog TP men. Whilst there is a chance we have to stay focused we held an in form team yesterday who have conceeded very little on the road second only to palace i think. WE made wolves look very ordinary yesterday not many teams will do that to them. yes they had good possesion but not where it matters our defence was absolutely outstanding. McCombe stood out for me.

What gets me most is iv'e never heard GJ be so negative does this mean we have missed the boat????

BELIEVE

I was in the car listening to the radio after the game and GJ said druing an interview on 5 live when asked this queston.

WTF this is either some serious kidoligy for the benefit of god knows who because all the other managers would have been just coming off the pitch or he has given up. I AM HUGELY DISSAPOINTED WITH THIS STATEMENT AND REFUSE TO BELIVE THAT OUR CHANCE FOR AUTOMATIC PROMOTION HAS GONE 3 POINTS SEPERATE THE TOP 5 SIDES.

It will not be easy because of our goal difference but it is still there to be had especially as WBA and Hoofers FC drew yesterday. A win at Stoke will see up leap frog TP men. Whilst there is a chance we have to stay focused we held an in form team yesterday who have conceeded very little on the road second only to palace i think. WE made wolves look very ordinary yesterday not many teams will do that to them. yes they had good possesion but not where it matters our defence was absolutely outstanding. McCombe stood out for me.

What gets me most is iv'e never heard GJ be so negative does this mean we have missed the boat????

BELIEVE

Because we are Bristol City and we are Bottlers!

Its got nothing to do with Believing - Its got everything to do with being good enough.

I am dreading the Play-offs

Because he's right.

And he also knows we have no chance of getting through the play-offs because we are not consistent enough.

He's blown it, big time. But he's not worried because he knows his job is safe - he got us closer than anyone would ever have dreamed of, or expected.

BELIEVE

The next game will be decisive. Gary seems to be playing down expectations. Being underdogs is our biggest advantage. Stoke will feel pressure on Saturday. Imagine we

score first..

Because we are Bristol City and we are Bottlers!

Its got nothing to do with Believing - Its got everything to do with being good enough.

I am dreading the Play-offs

I do not think we bottled it we just simply did not create enough from our set pieces their keeper caught almost all over corners if not all of them that was the most disappointing thing for me.

Believe

We matched Wolves yesterday and have made our mark on this division whatever happens.

Belief is fine and a positive; pressure is bad and we should stop putting ourselves and team under it.

Go with the flow and except what we have. :travolta:

I do not think we bottled it we just simply did not create enough from our set pieces their keeper caught almost all over corners if not all of them that was the most disappointing thing for me.

Believe

Loose looping balls in to the box are candy for keepers. We say; to much snow on the ball.

We are not talking Sunday league. A spinning pistolshot in to the box is what is expected.

Lee J had a good corner a few matches ago that McCombe nodded home (not the one against CP).

If we beat Stoke we will go up.

Well said when we beat Stroke you mean. I am not one for this underdog thing it has worked in our favour but now we should be saying to ther teams watch out we intend to put you on the rack but then again I'm not GJ and we should let him get on with his job and hope to Basso boss he doesn't read some of the rubbish thats written on here!!!!

We asked for Murray an we got him we asked for Byfield we got him. Now GJ should play what he sees as his best team. Murray should be in with a shout simply because he an old head who has passion and has been in a tight promotion races before not just last season.

YOU REDS

I think it's GJ realising that the players backsides have gone and tryig to remove the pressure from them.

The other reasons are as follows:

Current Form

Sheff Utd:2nd

PNE 6th

Stoke: 9th

Oh & City?.. 20th :(

Last Eight:

P8 W1 D4 L3 F5 A8 Pts 7 from 24. :disapointed2se:

In all honesty, I totally agree with GJ-We're playing badly, have been for months and our luck's run out.

Another major factor is the absence of Lee Johnson's set pieces from which we score some goals at least.Nick Carle seems like a ready made replacement but can't play right wing and will probably be in the side only if we go 4-5-1 o 4-4-1

Goal difference may be worth a point...........but not to us.

I'm afraid it's time to stand up and be counted and we've got to many players sat down...........Sorry :surrender:

I think it's GJ realising that the players backsides have gone and tryig to remove the pressure from them.

The other reasons are as follows:

Current Form

Sheff Utd:2nd

PNE 6th

Stoke: 9th

Oh & City?.. 20th :(

Last Eight:

P8 W1 D4 L3 F5 A8 Pts 7 from 24. :disapointed2se:

In all honesty, I totally agree with GJ-We're playing badly, have been for months and our luck's run out.

Another major factor is the absence of Lee Johnson's set pieces from which we score some goals at least.Nick Carle seems like a ready made replacement but can't play right wing and will probably be in the side only if we go 4-5-1 o 4-4-1

Goal difference may be worth a point...........but not to us.

I'm afraid it's time to stand up and be counted and we've got to many players sat down...........Sorry :surrender:

Maybe so but i think too many players are unwilling to shoot how do we expect to get corners if we don't take a chance SHOOT Especially in the frist 10 mins i would like to see anyone just have a pop show our intetions to the other team at times we pressured wolves when they had the ball and it paid off we to do more of that higher up the pitch cos when we did we looked like a different team. SHOOT.

Maybe so but i think too many players are unwilling to shoot how do we expect to get corners if we don't take a chance SHOOT Especially in the frist 10 mins i would like to see anyone just have a pop show our intetions to the other team at times we pressured wolves when they had the ball and it paid off we to do more of that higher up the pitch cos when we did we looked like a different team. SHOOT.

Whatever happens our season has been incredible and we can have few complaints really.

Carpe diem.

He's given up because there are too many people who go:

"whatever happens its been a fantastic season". What a ****in loosers attitude and too prevailant with City fans.

On the first day of the season the "lets just stay up" attitude was correct, but when you get yourself into a fantastic position with few games to go, people seem to hide behind the fact we are messing it up big style. I suppose it softens the blow for them.

Perhaps the losers mentallity has rubbed off on GJ?

He's given up because there are too many people who go:

"whatever happens its been a fantastic season". What a ****in loosers attitude and too prevailant with City fans.

On the first day of the season the "lets just stay up" attitude was correct, but when you get yourself into a fantastic position with few games to go, people seem to hide behind the fact we are messing it up big style. I suppose it softens the blow for them.

Perhaps the losers mentallity has rubbed off on GJ?

We are not messing it up big style. Why adding more pressure on the players?

Or... he's being clever.

Clubs who just miss out on automatic promotion tend to do badly in the play-offs.

A play-off position looks certain, automatic unlikely, so the best chance of going up is via the play-offs and the team need to be focussed on that rather than upon the disappointment of missing out on auto.

With his record to date I will ALWAYS assume GJ knows what he is doing.

Well, being in the top two with 4/5 games to go and then having to battle it out to actually get a play-off spot!....that is messing it up big style in my eyes.
Battle for the play offs? Come on there pretty much in the bag.

GJ hasn't given up he's just trying to get a reaction from the players.

There are some right miserable ######s having a field day at the moment, thank god we're away for the next couple of games - at least we know they won't be going to them.

It's well and truely game over now. Yesterday's result felt like a defeat to me. GJ is therefore right in my book but I wouldn't be at all surprised if he was saying that to relieve some of the pressure on the players. We can't score goals which is why second is slipping away.

We matched Wolves yesterday and have made our mark on this division whatever happens.

Belief is fine and a positive; pressure is bad and we should stop putting ourselves and team under it.

Go with the flow and except what we have. :travolta:

Whats with all this "we matched Wolves" business? We were second in the table at home to a team in eighth, Surely we should be expected to beat them, and not be happy to just match them? As regards the goal difference, GJ has known about the implications all season, and has said words to the effect that he is not bothered about it. I have a feeling that it may all come down to goal diff, and we will be bitten on the bum over it. So much for settling for one goal victories all season, then getting hammered away every now and again.

no reason at all we can't win at stoke - seemed from commentary yesterday that we had more passion than against soton and brooks was lookiing sharpe - Stoke will be the ones under pressure next weekend - 3 points and auto is very much on.

This for me sums up football fans at their worst... what a pile of toss and i bet you were on here kissing his butt a few weeks ago :disapointed2se:

flippin' unbelieiveable.

Perhaps you should check back on my posts then, just to make sure that your claims are correct before making a fool of yourself.

I give him credit where credit is due, but I never have been, and never will be, one of those who think the sun shines out of his backside.

Well see.

Stoke away - Lose

Sheff Utd away - Lose

Preston Home - Draw????

Will 72 points be enough?

To knock us out of the play offs places a club would have to get 10 points. Cardiff can do it but they have to play Wolves. Wolves can do it but they have to play Cardiff, West Brom and Ipswich. Plymouth can do it but they have to play Wolves. Ipswich can do but they have to play Wolves and Hull.

So basically all the clubs that can overtake us can't all win there remaining games as some have to play each other.

Well see.

Stoke away - Lose

Sheff Utd away - Lose

Preston Home - Draw????

Will 72 points be enough?

Probably. Ipswich play Norwich right now (1-1 after 30 min) then Wolves and Preston away before Hull at home.

CP have two hard away games (Watford and Hull) before taking on Burnley.

Should CP and us hitting some form..

Archived