IGNORED

Never Mind Sproule...what About Mcindoe?

headhunter

The slating Sproule has had on this site in the passed 24 hours has been fully deserved - I think yesterday's display prompted many to voice the hitherto stifled view that he has been a complete waste of money. A bottler and rank under achiever.

But why is it that Mr. McIndoe seems immune from criticism?

He likes to get his share of voice in the media but how about showing something more out on the pitch.

One goal in the last 6 months and perhaps a handful of assists. For me there simply just isn't enough end product.

He runs around a lot but the term busy fool comes to mind. He sees a lot of the ball and often attempts to show some fancy close control with those yellow boots of his, but how often does he put in a killer cross?

Our central strikers are berated for our lack of goals but, I ask you, week after week how much service are they given from the flanks? Most of what a [iMO] back to his best Brooker did yesterday was self made. When have we had a match where the post match comment was about missing a hatful of chances?

Is McIndoe any better than Wilson or Betsy? How about giving youth a chance Myrie-Williams [if he's recallable] or Plummer ; the latter two could be blooded against Preston if there was no chance of auto.

This would be my line up next week at Stoke in a 3-5-2

Basso

Carey-Vasko-Fontaine

Wilson-Skuse-Elliott-Johnson [or Carle] McAllister

Brooker - Betsy

Subs

Adebola>Wheale>Trundle>Orr> Carle [or Ribeiro]

You may mock my inclusion of Betsy but he has been a regular in a quite successful Walsall side in recent weeks.

Guest Garfunkle

so having played 4 at the back all season you would now revert to 3?

yes i know things havent been working but you change personnel not the system this late in the season

this isnt championship manager

Guest Garfunkle

and also what exactly would you say to bradley orr who i thought played well yesterday considering he had a lively player to mark and had to cope with sroule infront of him

and also what exactly would you say to bradley orr who i thought played well yesterday considering he had a lively player to mark and had to cope with sroule infront of him

Fair comment - I am a supporter of Bradders so perhaps put him in place of Wilson. That said, he's been given the runaround in the last two games [Huckerby & Jarvis] so why not try something different. Might give Stoke something to think about as I am sure they have had us watched for the last three weeks and are expecting a particular pattern of play.

I really can't think of a game where Bradley Orr hasn't put in 100% commitment and effort since he signed for us. Bradley Orr also often seems to be the first to congratulate Basso on his brilliant saves.

I know what I'd say and that's add passing & crossing to your game.Bradley's struggled lately and could have given 2/3 pens away with handballs of crosses that have gone unnoticed-However, I'd still select him in a 4-5-1 at Stoke.

I really can't think of a game where Bradley Orr hasn't put in 100% commitment and effort since he signed for us. Bradley Orr also often seems to be the first to congratulate Basso on his brilliant saves.

No one's questioning his commitment or character and we will need that over the next three games however, it's a question of quality.

The slating Sproule has had on this site in the passed 24 hours has been fully deserved - I think yesterday's display prompted many to voice the hitherto stifled view that he has been a complete waste of money. A bottler and rank under achiever.

But why is it that Mr. McIndoe seems immune from criticism?

He likes to get his share of voice in the media but how about showing something more out on the pitch.

One goal in the last 6 months and perhaps a handful of assists. For me there simply just isn't enough end product.

He runs around a lot but the term busy fool comes to mind. He sees a lot of the ball and often attempts to show some fancy close control with those yellow boots of his, but how often does he put in a killer cross?

tell you what, I'm getting sick to death of some of the comments on this forum, I don't like to point at assists and goals as the sole reference for how people should be rated over the course of the season, but hey, everyone else is doing.

Michael McIndoe's is 5th in the assists league for midfielders in this division this season - really don't know what people ###### expect from the team or this club at the moment. We haven't had even a half decent left winger for GOOD KNOWS how many years and yet even though we have made a step up this season in leaguex, we have probably the best left winger in the division and looking at the so called "stats" he's justifed it and for me.......his starting place for the remainder of the season pretty much.

but hey........why not replace him for Wilson (a right back) or Betsy (who looked poor in that position in League 1) what a load of crap

Guest zider_head

BETSY ????

3 games to go and if we win them all we will most probably get automatic promotion and you want to pick a bloke who hasnt kicked a ball in this league and who isnt getting rave reviews in the leauge below HA HA

Can i have some of what your on please ?

tell you what, I'm getting sick to death of some of the comments on this forum, I don't like to point at assists and goals as the sole reference for how people should be rated over the course of the season, but hey, everyone else is doing.

Michael McIndoe's is 5th in the assists league for midfielders in this division this season - really don't know what people ###### expect from the team or this club at the moment. We haven't had even a half decent left winger for GOOD KNOWS how many years and yet even though we have made a step up this season in leaguex, we have probably the best left winger in the division and looking at the so called "stats" he's justifed it and for me.......his starting place for the remainder of the season pretty much.

but hey........why not replace him for Wilson (a right back) or Betsy (who looked poor in that position in League 1) what a load of crap

I agree a 100% with that

(About Orr)

No one's questioning his commitment or character and we will need that over the next three games however, it's a question of quality.

After being a huge critic of him, I think Bradley has been awesome this year. OK he's not the best technically and I do get frustrated with him going forwards at times, but still defensively I think he's as good as anyone at right back at the club. He's an Orr.... :chant6ez:

In terms of McIndoe, I've been impressed with him this season, he has been one of the more consistant players this year giving 100% everytime, but his recent form has dipped a little. He is just as commited as Orr (remember his exploits after we equalised in the 93rd minute against [the team escapes me] when he got angry at the players for not hurrying the re-start for the winner?)

Crossing this year has been an issue - What is it with the players not being able to put a decent ball into the box? With Brooker and Adebola (and at the start of the season Enoch) in the squad, you'd have thought GJ would have worked hard on this?

Both Sproule and McIndoe had poor games on Saturday. I just wish one of them would be positive and attack the full back...

McIndoe runs, checks back and passes to McAlister to cross.

Sproule tries the tap and go and is outmuscled every time and is unable to cross for toffee.

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

McIndoe certainly isn't immune from criticism and he had as poor a game as Sproule on Saturday. The differences are that it is very rare for McIndoe to have a bad game and he didn't bottle it like Sproule did.

By the way, McIndoe has the most assists in the team and the most goals from midfield.

Sproule tries the tap and go and is outmuscled every time and is unable to cross for toffee.

Don't you mean Sproule waits on the touchline, standing still to recieve the ball so that he can run to the full back then either pass back to Orr or the opposition goalkeeper? :noexpression:

Seriously, Sproule could be good if he just learned to play like a winger - Like vintage Scott Murray! Running onto the ball, behind the defenders, driving to the touchline!

Come on Scotty, Share with him your words of wisdom! :pray:

Sproule doesn't stay wide enough and therefore narrows the game and his and our opportunities.

City always play down the left and rarely does Sproule get enough chances. Even when they switch wings which they did on Saturday will still go looking for McIndoe on the right.

McIndoe doesn't have enough pace to go past his defender! When was the last time he did this, got to the by-line and got that all important cross in for someone to score?

And I also agree with an earlier comment made. His goal contribution and Sproule's is not enough

Guest Garfunkle
McIndoe certainly isn't immune from criticism and he had as poor a game as Sproule on Saturday. The differences are that it is very rare for McIndoe to have a bad game and he didn't bottle it like Sproule did.

By the way, McIndoe has the most assists in the team and the most goals from midfield.

elliott has most goals

Archived