IGNORED

East End Segregation

CiderSomerset

It was probably the smallest segregation I have seen at Ashton Gate for quite a while and it seemed to work well. There were a lot of police on standby (with their video camera..) but I thought they kept a fairly low profile and kept themselves to themselves. Maybe yesterday was a trial run for future matches - its one way to get more fans in and it works at other grounds..

What did everyone else think???

Also nice to see was the friendly Wolves fans who threw us some bottles of coke because they thought we were thirsty.. Some even had the tops still on the bottles - naughty boys didnt realise you have to leave the bottle top at the turnstile.. :disapointed2se:

It was probably the smallest segregation I have seen at Ashton Gate for quite a while and it seemed to work well. There were a lot of police on standby (with their video camera..) but I thought they kept a fairly low profile and kept themselves to themselves. Maybe yesterday was a trial run for future matches - its one way to get more fans in and it works at other grounds..

Also nice to see was the friendly Wolves fans who threw us some bottles of coke because they thought we were thirsty.. Some even had the tops still on the bottles - naughty boys didnt realise you have to leave the bottle top at the turnstile.. :disapointed2se:

You must of been near me Williton, i was next to the mat at the back, must say it was a bit close, but all seemed ok... Apart from the few bottles of coke thrown our way.

You must of been near me Williton, i was next to the mat at the back, must say it was a bit close, but all seemed ok... Apart from the few bottles of coke thrown our way.

I was sat the row in front of you by the steps with my other half.. I remember seeing you (recognise you from your picture). It was a bit of a squeeze but really enjoyed it! We got in there fairly early and you and your mates were already there I think..

I thought the same thing- Saturday was the biggest police presence I'd seen for a while outside AG, so when i got into the ground i was expecting massive segregation which wasn't the case! looks much better seeing a few more bums in seats rather then a large mass of empty red ones.

I was sat the row in front of you by the steps with my other half.. I remember seeing you (recognise you from your picture). It was a bit of a squeeze but really enjoyed it! We got in there fairly early and you and your mates were already there I think..

It was me (and my brother) who were 'stood' in the row down from him by the steps, you were in front of us in the next row down! ;)

As others have said the very little segregation was good, but the atmosphere for me was pretty crap 'cos the pockets of singers couldn't sing together due to the overflow. :(

It was me (and my brother) who were 'stood' in the row down from him by the steps, you were in front of us in the next row down! ;)

As others have said the very little segregation was good, but the atmosphere for me was pretty crap 'cos the pockets of singers couldn't sing together due to the overflow. :(

Must admit there were times when there were 3 or 4 different songs all starting at once, but, looking on the brightside, thats more than the Williams stand have sang all season! :whistle:

two sets of polycarboante fencing between the fans please and we can then free up more of avon and somerset's finest to pester motorists or something

who wants robocop when we can have permant* safety measures at a reduced price to the club

(*i.e. doesn't leave before the end, or turn up too late either)

Move to the back right of the East End, near the catering facilitys. A few of the Season Ticket holders are back there and its the place to be if you want to sing your heart out.

Is that where the drummer is?? Does sound quite good back there.. And its away from the piss4d us chavs who like posturing at the opposition fans, but would probably fall over if a gust of wind caught then...

Is that where the drummer is?? Does sound quite good back there.. And its away from the piss4d us chavs who like posturing at the opposition fans, but would probably fall over if a gust of wind caught then...

the drummer is sometimes there, and yer the point in moving over there was to get away from that lot. its all about getting behind the team.

Archived