IGNORED

What Happened After The Charlton Game ?

DT The Optimist

Well what happened after the Charlton game then ? Have we all read the hype and beleived it ? I was not at Charlton but heard it on the radio, reports here and in the media, and we played really well in the second half and deserved a draw with all the plaudits going our way :D:D It was a fine performance worthy of a team at the top of the Championship. That was on the 4 march.

Then what. The rest of our performances since that night have gone a tad pear shaped. We go to Leicester and for 90 minutes chase shadows with GJ saying the video of this match (a one off) will go in the bin. We take on watford and in a dour battle are worthy of a point. We are outplayed by Ply'muff and never really got going at Cardiff. We play Norwich and get out of jail with a win when ,in fairness, again we were chased around the park. Southanpton ? Like Leicester totally tanked, only they score a few times ! Yesterday the Wolves. Hard game and yes a bit of pride back but in truth we are happy with a point ?

Not a rant at all, we have out performed all expectations this season and many say we have punched above our weight. With 6 points from a possible 21 from the leicester game, one win in seven, the signs are not that good for the run in. We are hardly on fire for the last 3 games and the play offs looming. My concern is we do not carry this form over, but this has to be more than a 'blip'. I wonder if we have changed our style to accomodate dele, the loss of form of Marvin (carrying injury) loss of LJ ? Even L Trundle not giving us another option ?

So did Holowhead put some curse on us ? Why this sudden unexpected decline in form? :dunno:

Well what happened after the Charlton game then ? Have we all read the hype and beleived it ? I was not at Charlton but heard it on the radio, reports here and in the media, and we played really well in the second half and deserved a draw with all the plaudits going our way :D:D It was a fine performance worthy of a team at the top of the Championship. That was on the 4 march.

Then what. The rest of our performances since that night have gone a tad pear shaped. We go to Leicester and for 90 minutes chase shadows with GJ saying the video of this match (a one off) will go in the bin. We take on watford and in a dour battle are worthy of a point. We are outplayed by Ply'muff and never really got going at Cardiff. We play Norwich and get out of jail with a win when ,in fairness, again we were chased around the park. Southanpton ? Like Leicester totally tanked, only they score a few times ! Yesterday the Wolves. Hard game and yes a bit of pride back but in truth we are happy with a point ?

Not a rant at all, we have out performed all expectations this season and many say we have punched above our weight. With 6 points from a possible 21 from the leicester game, one win in seven, the signs are not that good for the run in. We are hardly on fire for the last 3 games and the play offs looming. My concern is we do not carry this form over, but this has to be more than a 'blip'. I wonder if we have changed our style to accomodate dele, the loss of form of Marvin (carrying injury) loss of LJ ? Even L Trundle not giving us another option ?

So did Holowhead put some curse on us ? Why this sudden unexpected decline in form? :dunno:

Well i am no expert but i would have to say its all caused by pressure, i have felt it in the crowd for at least the last 10 games, what it must be like playing out there god only knows, maybe it has just dawned on the lads that promotion to the prem is possible and they are finding it hard to deal with, i don't know but after the strange results in the top eight clubs recently it would appear that its not only city trying to get a grip on things.

Well i am no expert but i would have to say its all caused by pressure, i have felt it in the crowd for at least the last 10 games, what it must be like playing out there god only knows, maybe it has just dawned on the lads that promotion to the prem is possible and they are finding it hard to deal with, i don't know but after the strange results in the top eight clubs recently it would appear that its not only city trying to get a grip on things.

Perhaps your right, but LJ got crocked against Watford and perhaps we have lost the bit of 'vision' for a pass that we had. Yet he is dis-respected by many who lurk on these forums, people either love him or hate him as such. Against Wolves we had industry without anyone with an eye for a pass. Elliot and Skuse are out the same mould and i was surprised Carle did not start. It will be interesting what happens on Saturday if LJ is still not fit and a win a must!

Archived