IGNORED

Lee Johnson Could Miss The Last Three Games

greenun

So with no direct replacement what does GJ do?

Does he stick with tried and trusted players/system and hope someone steps up to the plate?

Or does he alter the style/formation and try to nick as many points as possible?

I reckon hes tried both and neither is working particularly well. Thats the worrying thing!

I think the best thing for him to do would be to use Carle as LJ's replacement but impress on him the need to make himself available to the defence.

We play more direct because we signed Adebola, as for LJ picking up the ball from defence usually the first thing he does when he gets it is give it straight back to another defender to lump it down the park

I know having Adebola in the side makes it easier to hit it long but I don't think that's the reason.

We were hitting it long whenever under pressure before we signed Adebola and we've played good football with him in the side too.

LJ always wants the ball from the defence, and tries to play it forward from there. Yeah sometimes he has to chip it or pass back but the point is the first option is not a long boot up the field.

Nobody is doing that now, the midfielders back away from the ball when the defence have it. It's a pretty obvious hole.

I think the best thing for him to do would be to use Carle as LJ's replacement but impress on him the need to make himself available to the defence.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd like to see Carle in the side as well; but it's vital that when we're in possession he plays much deeper to link us together. It's no good just talking about getting goals or providing killer passes in and around the penalty area; you need a way of getting the ball from A to B. Lee Johnson has been that way all season and most City fans are beginning to realise he is probably the single reason we're such an effective side in possession at times. No LJ = Less possession.

Get Carle in and tell him in that role he'll be our most important player.

Absolutely spot on.

I'd like to see Carle in the side as well; but it's vital that when we're in possession he plays much deeper to link us together. It's no good just talking about getting goals or providing killer passes in and around the penalty area; you need a way of getting the ball from A to B. Lee Johnson has been that way all season and most City fans are beginning to realise he is probably the single reason we're such an effective side in possession at times. No LJ = Less possession.

Get Carle in and tell him in that role he'll be our most important player.

i'd not be surprised if we went for a centre mid trio of skuse, elliot and carle against stoke. brooker can hold his own alone up top and i'd wager he might need less support from a 'in the hole' player than adebola, leaving carle freer to work the role suggested.

stoke will look to dominate us with the physical side of their game, so i'd hope those three would be a better match for the likes of liam lawrence, stephen pearson and rory delap; the real engine room of that stoke team.

tbh i'm not that fussed about the centre, my biggest worry is the wings. with mcindoe off form we really have no 'wing-men' who'll add anything to our front play at the mo. i'd personally put wilson out on a working brief to run at the youngster dickinson at every opportunity. several of the goals stoke have shipped recently have come from them getting done on their left due to his inexperience and danny pugh's reluctance to track back and help him out, so maybe this is a bit of a weak spot.

We play more direct because we signed Adebola, as for LJ picking up the ball from defence usually the first thing he does when he gets it is give it straight back to another defender to lump it down the park

Nothing to do with Adebola-The best football we'e played recent was in the second half at Charlton with Dele up front with Byfield and w elumped the ball like a load of Wimbledon look aikes at Leicester & Soton and looked abysmall when LJ was playing.

It's time for big players to come to the fore like Trundle, Carle etc-Will they, let's hope so.

Archived