IGNORED

If We don't Make It

BCFC Taunton

Being a Cider 'Ed in Exile I may not be in the bnest position to say this but from the games I have seen this season (about 12 games) I think we have a problem with our wingers more than anything.

I agree that McIndoe has played well, very well at times, but he is not an out an out singer is he? He often comes in field to collect the ball and dictate some of the play. Especially when Little Johnson has been missing or out of position.

Sproule has such raw pace but sems to have lead boots on at times. Early in the season he was just starting to get the confodence to run at full backs and take them on. Since Xmas he hasn't done this.

I think the wonger issue has been huge and has resulted in Trundle taking the ball wide a lot to try and get more crosses in. However, it was unfortunate he was playing with Byfield and not a big man who can poach goals like Brooker.

I would like to see Brooks and Trundle playing together and in these sh*t or bust last three games get our singers to gamble on flick ons from Brooker. Adebola has won so many flick ons since he has been here but has had no-one running off him. On the evidence of Southampton Brooker will no doubt do the same but he needs someone running off him if his power and heading are to come to anything.

We need to be able to do this for automatic promotion or a play off campaign.

Summary

Brooker and Trundle up front, brooker holding the ball up winning headers and poaching, trundle being clever and tricky with passing and skill hopefully shooting around edge of box not playing back to goal.

Wingers need to gamble on strikers either flicking the ball on or playing diagonal passes behind full backs as both sproule and McIndoe have pace to get in behind and cause problems.

Come on You Reds..... Lets Believe!

One for the Bristol City

Two for the Boys in Red

Three for the Fans down Ashton Gate

We'll Follow till were dead me boys, folow till were dead!

So is Mcindoe a singer or a wonger?

Archived