IGNORED

Wba & Hull Winning

Bristol Boy

We need 9 points now, looking at Stoke's games you'd have to think they'll get 6 points from their other two games, so if West Brom win tonight to all but clinch promotion, we'll have to win all our games then count on either Ipswitch, Palace or Sheffield U taking points off Hull.

If I'm being honest, I can't see it happening, so maybe we should be thankful that Wolves are losing so we can get a play-off place.

Gotta say Hull look awsome.

Perfect combination upfront.

Power, Pace and experience.

Tbh they look how a top of the table team should look. Its makes me jelous, and quite gutted.

Not all loan players are crap!

In fairness, we might have had him earlier if Man Utd hadn't had an injury crisis amongst strikers early doors.

Gotta say Hull look awsome.

Perfect combination upfront.

Power, Pace and experience.

Tbh they look how a top of the table team should look. Its makes me jelous, and quite gutted.

A proven goalscorer at this level and an outstanding young loanee combined superbly for the third goal, now what is it we're missing?

Plus points from tonight:

• Our chances of at least reaching the play offs have been boosted.
    With that in mind, and the fact we're now 4th, we have nothing to lose by really going for it against Stoke.
    It's about time teams started winning, so if we manage automatic from this position we really will have deserved it.

Not all loan players are crap!

In fairness, we might have had him earlier if Man Utd hadn't had an injury crisis amongst strikers early doors.

I think this Hull example puts to bed everything GJ has said. He comes off and has the entire bench patting his head, hugging him and hell looked like some bloke even kissed him.

13 goals. Multiple assists. Everyone loves him, and more importantly his contribution.

Disruption?

I think not. They look good for Premier League footy next year.

:(

I think this Hull example puts to bed everything GJ has said. He comes off and has the entire bench patting his head, hugging him and hell looked like some bloke even kissed him.

13 goals. Multiple assists. Everyone loves him, and more importantly his contribution.

Disruption?

I think not. They look good for Premier League footy next year.

:(

the main point that tends to get overlook with majority of loan players is that the LONG TERM ONES......such as Campbell that are the good ones, similar to Beckford last season at Scunny and the couple at Brum, if your getting players in on loan at the towards the start of the season they tend to do fair well over the course of the season, because they are committed to the cause, even for the first 12 games FC only got 3 goals, while he was adjusting to the division and the teams style of play,

as lansdown himself said in the last day or 2, short term longs very rarely offer much towards the team and as he rightly said, looking at the loans we have had over the years only Mark Robins (5 years ago) has proved any real value. The only other loan signing that has been promising was Liam Fontaine who was also a LONG TERM loan and even he got slated at first before he adjusted to the division and team, before he became the player we know now.

for the Hull example and even Stoke, plus Brum last season, YES it works if you are getting them in for a large period of the season, if your getting them in for a month or so......well you just need to look at Charlton.

By a country mile these are the best results that could have happened tonight.*

We can relax and play our football now whilst Hull (especially) and WBA will start to tense up.

* OK, perhaps Hull and WBA losing was the best results tonight...

Archived