IGNORED

How Much Stronger Is The Team Now

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

Just thinking about how much the strength of the team has improved since we were promoted last season and in truth I think very little.

We really have hardly a stronger squad now than then apart from Elliotte most of other signings have been no improvement at all.

If you take Sproule not produced, Carle is trying to get to grips with English football, Trundle as I said when we signed him could be one of the worst signings of all time money wise, who have mostly poor then you have Adebola who is the type of player you buy to try to stop you getting relegated not when you are building a team byfield has not been to bad

I think Johnson signings need to improve or we will struggle to build a Premier League side although is been a good season in that we will not go down there have been a lot of questions that needed to be answered.

Of the signings made, only McIndoe, Adebola and Elliott have genuinely enhanced the quality squad that came up.

But players like Basso, Carey, Fontaine and LJ have also upped their games since we came up.

In the few games Wilson played at right-back, I'd say he's got the attributes to succeed at this level too. Otherwise, we're no stronger at all IMHO.

Just thinking about how much the strength of the team has improved since we were promoted last season and in truth I think very little.

We really have hardly a stronger squad now than then apart from Elliotte most of other signings have been no improvement at all.

If you take Sproule not produced, Carle is trying to get to grips with English football, Trundle as I said when we signed him could be one of the worst signings of all time money wise, who have mostly poor then you have Adebola who is the type of player you buy to try to stop you getting relegated not when you are building a team byfield has not been to bad

I think Johnson signings need to improve or we will struggle to build a Premier League side although is been a good season in that we will not go down there have been a lot of questions that needed to be answered.

But you're neglecting to mention that this squad is playing at a higher level against better players.

Are you saying we'd still be fourth in the Championship if we'd played with Jevons and Showunmi up front, Betsy on the right wing and no genuine left sided player?

Thinking about it AY it is a bit of a puzzler, we came up in 2nd place to scuns, they have come straight back down yet we have been in the top 8 all season, but tbh if we are stronger its bloody hard for me to put a finger on how we are, i just cant read the game well enough, but no complaints,it would be nice to get a couple of players that made an instant impact on the team.

Guest ashtonyate
But you're neglecting to mention that this squad is playing at a higher level against better players.

Are you saying we'd still be fourth in the Championship if we'd played with Jevons and Showunmi up front, Betsy on the right wing and no genuine left sided player?

Its the player we have got in are the trouble not the ones we got promoted with And we well never know what Jevons would have done but it could been any worst than Trundle, as for Betsy I never thought he was given a really go Sprouil (lots of pace no end product) is not doing it for me Betsy could not be any worst

Its the player we have got in are the trouble not the ones we got promoted with And we well never know what Jevons would have done but it could been any worst than Trundle, as for Betsy I never thought he was given a really go Sprouil (lots of pace no end product) is not doing it for me Betsy could not be any worst

So how come Jevons and Betsy aren't playing at this level then?

Betsy and Jevons both looked poor in league one, whereas their replacements have contributed to us spending majority of the season in the top 6, you just need to look at the players who the new signings have replaced to see the difference in quality and ability.

Sproule v Murray/Betsy = Sproule for me

Vasko v Keogh = Vasko for me

Elliott v Russell = Elliott

Byfield v Jevons = Byfield

Adebola v Enoch = Adebola

McIndoe v No Natural Left Winger = McIndoe

players who have come in such as Trundle, Carle have come in and not really replaced anyone but more just added to the quality of the overall squad

Yes Ashtonyate your right, our team has not improved at all, the team that played at league one level, got promoted and the progress has been disappointing. Basso's struggled, Elliott should never play at championship level and will never play at prem level, nor will McIndoe, who is not as good as our left winger from last season.

Johnson's signings have been terrible during his time at city, Elliott for just over 100k - what a waste of money!! We should of got Basso cheaper, Lee Johnson was over-priced, as was McAllister, McCombe, Fontaine, to name but a few.

in fact sack johnson.

Hello mate, welcome back ! I wouldn't be lying if I said anything other than this forum has been the poorer for your absence.

Sproule v Murray/Betsy = Sproule for me

Vasko v Keogh = Vasko for me

Elliott v Russell = Elliott

Byfield v Jevons = Byfield

Adebola v Enoch = Adebola

McIndoe v No Natural Left Winger = McIndoe

I agree and that's the simplest way of showing how the strength of the squad has increased.

The question that should be asked is whether we got good value for money.

I'd say that McIndoe and Elliott were fantastic value. Trundle definitely wasn't and I'm not sure that Sproule was either.

Next season if we're still in this division belts will almost certainly be tighter and we will have to find more gems like Elliott.

If we are still in this division - I see us needing a big overhaul of the current squad as we will have lost that "surprise factor" that we had for the early part of this season.

I honestly believe that if we don't make wholesale changes to the squad then we will be in big trouble if drastic changes are not made.

Archived