IGNORED

Trundle Start, Enoch On The Bench..?

gater2

I know Cheltenham Town reserves aren't quite the same as Stoke on Saturday, but it juts hits me we have to find goals from somewhere. Trunds and Enoch both got hat-tricks, so at least they know where the goal is at the moment.. confidence may be slightly higher as a result. I know it's a tough call, but Byfield hasn't looked like scoring in a while, and with Enoch's 'I want to prove myself' return from Wednesday, might it be worth putting him on the bench?

If you don't give him a chance you don't know if he will perform, start him and he might score a few.

I wouldn't have an issue with starting Trundle up front, if we partner him with Brooker.

You'd have two players who like the ball to their feet.

Anything to stop Orr lamping it long to Adebola every time, we do that against Stoke and we're f""ked - it'll play right into their hands. It's their game that way.

ENOCH???????

For the love of God man, he is as much a Championship player as I am a Catholic Priest.

Enoch was good at Watford...hmmm...

Enoch-------Brooker--------Trundle

------------ McIndoe

----------Elliott-------Skuse

Fontaine--Carey--McCombe--Wilson

:noexpression:

To be fair, with the exception of the header he was awful at Watford.

His first touch was normally awful, he ran straight down the line and never looked up half the time, and his ball control was his usual (he can trap a ball further than I can kick it)

Lovely bloke but not a footballer worthy of this level at all.

I want Enoch and Trundle up front.

At Swansea Trundle was most effective with a big man up front, play to his strengths! Although I think its too late to try now...

on paper it sounds good, however Enoch doesn't like playing the target man role.

Trundle and Brooker on the other hand.....maybe

I wouldn't have an issue with starting Trundle up front, if we partner him with Brooker.

You'd have two players who like the ball to their feet.

Anything to stop Orr lamping it long to Adebola every time, we do that against Stoke and we're f""ked - it'll play right into their hands. It's their game that way.

ENOCH???????

For the love of God man, he is as much a Championship player as I am a Catholic Priest.

Nice one Hicksy.

That lamping the ball up is dire, and has proved rubbish recently.

Brooker and Trundle YES PLEASE.

I know Cheltenham Town reserves aren't quite the same as Stoke on Saturday, but it juts hits me we have to find goals from somewhere. Trunds and Enoch both got hat-tricks, so at least they know where the goal is at the moment.. confidence may be slightly higher as a result. I know it's a tough call, but Byfield hasn't looked like scoring in a while, and with Enoch's 'I want to prove myself' return from Wednesday, might it be worth putting him on the bench?

Had it escaped your attention that Murray also scored a hatrick. I would say Murray has the best chance of playing some part in the stoke game but Enoch will not figure, i don't think even if he was on fire the club would risk playing him because it may cost in light of his transfer.

It never ceases to amaze me that people still think that Trundle can have any effect.I hoped and hoped he would but let's have a bit of reality the game he played in the reserves is his level not the Championship.He has shown nothing and does not deserve the place of some of other strikers who have at least contributed.

Although i keep changing my mind i think trundle and brooker to start with byfield out wide and ade on the bench

so

basso

wilson carey mccombe mccallister

byfield elliott johnson/carle mcindoe

trundle brooker

weale

adebola

sproule

skuse

fontaine

byfield should offer us some end product hopefully, as ivan isnt at the mo

skuse very unlucky to miss out in my team but if johnsons fit he should play

orr not in my 16 this week, and no room for enoch

I know Cheltenham Town reserves aren't quite the same as Stoke on Saturday,

And in that statement gater, you have it and I've got more chance of a game than Enoch.

Enoch doesn't want to prove himslf he want's to leave on a Bosman in June and cop the transfer fee for himself-Injury coud prevent that, so you do the maths.Be lovely to see LT do it, but on the basis that it hasn't happened in 40 games, will it happen in the last three?

Although i keep changing my mind i think trundle and brooker to start with byfield out wide and ade on the bench

so

basso

wilson carey mccombe mccallister

byfield elliott johnson/carle mcindoe

trundle brooker

weale

adebola

sproule

skuse

fontaine

byfield should offer us some end product hopefully, as ivan isnt at the mo

skuse very unlucky to miss out in my team but if johnsons fit he should play

orr not in my 16 this week, and no room for enoch

McAllister & Johnson are injured and I don't think Byfield's ever played right wing?

Am i the only one that was hoping Trundle would be put on with 20 mins to go aginst Wolves. We were crying out for something different and just one touch of class, one left foot shot etc may have got us 3 points. The bloke IS a proven goalscorer (even though he has struggled at times this season) and surely has to be given a chance to shine in the next 3 games. I still think he could just be our match winner :yes:

McAllister & Johnson are injured and I don't think Byfield's ever played right wing?

it says johnson\carle, so nicky carle then, havent read any papers or all other posts on here so not right up with injuries

didnt know that mccallister was out. So fontaine in at LB

Byfield has surely got to offer more than sproule who has been poor most of the season, and murray who unfortunately is nowhere near the murray of 3-4 years ago.

cant really see anyone else to play there - i think its a position we really need to improve whatever league we are in

Am i the only one that was hoping Trundle would be put on with 20 mins to go aginst Wolves. We were crying out for something different and just one touch of class, one left foot shot etc may have got us 3 points. The bloke IS a proven goalscorer (even though he has struggled at times this season) and surely has to be given a chance to shine in the next 3 games. I still think he could just be our match winner :yes:

Agree Bill. A few give him a hard time on here, yet many in the bars last sat wanted to see the guy start.

Will GJ start him sat?

Agree Bill. A few give him a hard time on here, yet many in the bars last sat wanted to see the guy start.

Will GJ start him sat?

but look at the stats he's only scored 3 goals in a team which has been in the top six all season no matter what you say about the whole target man thing. I'm all for him becoming this hero, although I don't this season he'll do it really. I'd defo want BRooker starting but not sure who with but as much as I like Noble don't think he should start(although maybe Gj will do 4-5-1 against a team hard to break down through there strong midfield.

Will GJ start him sat?

Alright Arn, i hope that we go with 2 up front this week, we cant let Stoke dominate us from the start as Southampton did. We are just not getting enough bodies in the box, every attack seems to falter because even when we get into crossing positions etc there is just no one to play the ball in for.

Playing with one up front and asking that one to hold the ball up isnt working, so lets hope we have a bit of a "go" this week.I would go with Trundle and Adebola meself!.

Couldn't agree more about lumping the ball forward. Stoke are a big and physical side and we won't compete playing that way. So we need to play football, playing on the ground and in control. Palace had pace up front and made Stoke look very vulnerable at the back so it seems a recipe for success. Also closing down Stoke quicker and harrassing them will force mistakes and we play much better when we do this, a high tempo game. My team is for Saturday is below.

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe/Fontaine McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson Showumni

Brooker Trundle

SUBS:

Carle

Byfield

McCombe or Fontaine

Dele

McIndoe

Showumni because although clearly not a winger he runs all day and has played out wide and could play more narrow for a close knit three

AT LEAGUE 1 LEVEL............

Struggled at times! Try all the time PB. What has LT done to be given "a chance to shine" yet again?? Please tell me as I could do with a laugh :innocent06:

Couldn't agree more about lumping the ball forward. Stoke are a big and physical side and we won't compete playing that way. So we need to play football, playing on the ground and in control. Palace had pace up front and made Stoke look very vulnerable at the back so it seems a recipe for success. Also closing down Stoke quicker and harrassing them will force mistakes and we play much better when we do this, a high tempo game. My team is for Saturday is below.

Basso

Wilson Carey McCombe/Fontaine McCallister

Sproule Elliott Johnson Showumni

Brooker Trundle

SUBS:

Carle

Byfield

McCombe or Fontaine

Dele

McIndoe

Showumni because although clearly not a winger he runs all day and has played out wide and could play more narrow for a close knit three

Is McIndoe injured then?

Showumni because he runs all day?

So does Ted our family golden retriever - I'd argue he has abit better ball control than Enoch as well

Is McIndoe injured then?

Showumni because he runs all day?

So does Ted our family golden retriever - I'd argue he has abit better ball control than Enoch as well

No McIndoe is not injured, but he does struggle to go past a player which is what a winger should do. Therefore try an alternative. Also McIndoe has had a long hard season and in my opinion is looking a little jaded. He can always be brought on as a sub

Tell you what......I hope he does start Trundle, he has another ineffective game, just to see what the next installment of "Give Lee another chance" will be like.

Stoke are a big, Strong side, we need big strong players to compete.

Come on you reds

I would start with Lee Trundle

We need players who have strengths which revolve around the ball to feet, I'd also like two up front - that is Steve Brooker and Lee Trundle.

He hasn't fired like he would want but then again who has up front??

Also we played the earlier part of the season with him as a lone striker chasing balls lamped over the top.

I could have told you before we bought him if that was our game plan he would fail.

4-4-2 - ball through the midfield, wingers making runs and Brooker & Trundle linking up front.

If we don't win then it won't be from not playing to our strengths.

I would start with Lee Trundle

We need players who have strengths which revolve around the ball to feet, I'd also like two up front - that is Steve Brooker and Lee Trundle.

He hasn't fired like he would want but then again who has up front??

Also we played the earlier part of the season with him as a lone striker chasing balls lamped over the top.

I could have told you before we bought him if that was our game plan he would fail.

4-4-2 - ball through the midfield, wingers making runs and Brooker & Trundle linking up front.

If we don't win then it won't be from not playing to our strengths.

Couldn't agree more!

Archived