IGNORED

Fa Youth Cup

RedUn

So Manchester City beat Chelsea 4-2 on aggregate in the FA Youth Cup Final

IIRC we were ahead and dominating (hit the post?) with twenty minutes to go against them so surely this implies we'll see some of them in the first team before 'ere long?

IIRC we were ahead and dominating (hit the post?) with twenty minutes to go against them so surely this implies we'll see some of them in the first team before 'ere long?

great game of football that night and could have been a different outcome if that had gone in. I see that Dan Sturridge played for Man City first team at the weekend and no doubt he would have had a big influence on winning the final. Our youth team have had a good season this year , the games have been great to watch and there are four or five players that look very good prospects for the future.

Realistically it could be another couple of season's before we see any call up's to the first team though depending on how the season is going and if we make it to the PROMISED LAND!!!!

I wouldn't hold your breath. Has GJ played any academy/youth lads in the first team in his time as BCFC manager?

great game of football that night and could have been a different outcome if that had gone in. I see that Dan Sturridge played for Man City first team at the weekend and no doubt he would have had a big influence on winning the final. Our youth team have had a good season this year , the games have been great to watch and there are four or five players that look very good prospects for the future.

Realistically it could be another couple of season's before we see any call up's to the first team though depending on how the season is going and if we make it to the PROMISED LAND!!!!

Sturridge didn't even play in the final according to bbc. He had an injury! Not bad to be knocked out by the winners I suppose!!

JMW was given his debut by Tinnion

GJ has not given a debut to one of the home grown players in his time at the club, J Wilson Artus and Riberio have all made the bench but none have made it on to the pitch

No. Johnson did give JMW his debut, away at southend in the last game of his 1st season

http://www.bcfc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,...7~29274,00.html

I agree that it is a shame that since then no other youngsters have made their debuts.

Johnson hasn't had the chance to blood youngsters. Since he joined he's been involved in:

A relegation battle,

A promotion push,

A potential relegation battle that turned out to be a promotion push.

With so much at stake there's never really been an opportunity to take a chance on some young lads. As soon as we're in a nice, safe, mid-table position I'm sure they'll get a go.

Johnson hasn't had the chance to blood youngsters. Since he joined he's been involved in:

A relegation battle,

A promotion push,

A potential relegation battle that turned out to be a promotion push.

With so much at stake there's never really been an opportunity to take a chance on some young lads. As soon as we're in a nice, safe, mid-table position I'm sure they'll get a go.

Hmmm ... Palace's 17 year-olds don't seem to be doing too badly, wonder when our's will be deemed old/good enough to do anything other than sit in the stands?

If they are good enough, regardless of age, GJ would play them. The step up is a big one, plenty of youth players over the years have proved that.

But the problem is the ones who have made the step up we flipping sell within a season.

Clearly the latest crop are not quite upto yet, but when they do hopefully we will be in a better position to keep hold of them!

Hmmm ... Palace's 17 year-olds don't seem to be doing too badly, wonder when our's will be deemed old/good enough to do anything other than sit in the stands?

No but two things come to mind here.

Firstly, Warnock was on a hiding to nothing when he came in. He took a gamble with the kids and it paid off. If it hadn't have done they'd be in the relegation zone by now.

Secondly, look at their kids and then look at ours. All of theirs look about 25 years old and are absolutely massive. In fact I'd quite like to see proof that Victor Moses is really only 17! From what I've seen (admitedly only a couple of games in pre-season) of Tristan Plummer and Frankie Artus they are nowhere near ready for the first team. They just look so small and weak compared to the players around them.

Having said that, we're now in a position where we've nothing much to lose by giving one or two a go.

Archived