IGNORED

Anyone Nervous This Morning?

madmax

Kids woke us up at 8:30, wife goes and gets them and they climb into bed to watch TV with us....then I realise....and start with a chant...."Gary Johnson says bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground....etc"

The wife and kids were all over the place as I bounce around the bed....best action it's seen in a while anyway! :noexpression:

Then, come down, grill some bacon and sit and watch Soccer am, only for the butterflies to set in.

How is everyone feeling this morning?

MM

Kids woke us up at 8:30, wife goes and gets them and they climb into bed to watch TV with us....then I realise....and start with a chant...."Gary Johnson says bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground, bounce around the ground....etc"

The wife and kids were all over the place as I bounce around the bed....best action it's seen in a while anyway! :noexpression:

Then, come down, grill some bacon and sit and watch Soccer am, only for the butterflies to set in.

MM

Cant wait for the game to start!! Nothing like being at the ground soaking up the atmosphere!! I just hope I have the bragging rights tonight otherwise my Stoke friend will be phoning me :fingerscrossed:

MM

Cityare thirsty for a win, hungry for success and are a bit peckish for a clean sheet.

There is a fire in the belly, a red mist in the eyes and a scotch egg in the fridge.

City's attack will be all-consuming, Basso will fill the goal mouth, the defence will soak up everything Stoke offer, and the midfield will be sandwiched between the two, where Elliot will be the big cheese and LJ will get in a pickle.

Roll on lunchtime

I've got a nervous excitement about this evening.

I don't see the point in getting wound up about it, personally. Besides, 12 months ago this is exactly where we wanted to be and more.

This could be the biggest game in my City supporting life, but I'm not attaching any pressure to it. We know we'll at least be in the Championship again next year. We know we'll have an even stronger group of players because GJ and SL will put all their energies into strengthening us and taking us forward. We know we won't be going to Chesterfield, Brentford or Port Vale again next season. We know this club, after a decade of going absolutely nowhere, is now heading in the right direction, and at some pace.

Firstly, we need to put the Southampton debacle behind us. We need to show we're a lot stronger than that both on and off the pitch. But we know we can do it.

Why not just enjoy this evening? I know I'm going to.

MM

Great post, made me and the Mrs laugh anyway!

Come on you redsssssssssss

Trepidatious. It's worse if you're sitting around all day waiting rather than actually travelling to the match.

The worst thing is optimism resurfaces on matchday and I begin to think City might actually do it.

Then I think of Southampton :angry: , quickly followed by Watford...... :D

Que sera, you can be sure of a bacon sarnie anyway.

Come on City, just STUN the nation and DO it. :noexpression: :city:

I'm umpiring a cricket match where the vast majority will be Stoke fans, if they score then I'm going to be firing any celebrating batsmen out.

Although the plan for today is anything hitting the pads, going within a foot of the outside edge and their a gonner, the two pros are going to have a field day, can get the game in and be finished by 4pm, best get going starts in an hour.

Yeah i'm a bit nervous now, seeing as i'm not going the days is going to drag. going to catch a couple of buses down to BS3 to watch the results come in on soccer saturday. Does anyone know if the club are showing it in the red and white bar?

I'm debating whether to pop down the Robins around 4pm to watch the results come in. problem is the wife is out til 5pm so I have to take the kids, which will annoy me. Probably just get a crate of apple juice and sit home and let my one year go a bed, that way me and my eldest can watch the results come in in peace.

For the game, same drinks but dialling a pizza for delivery at half time....spot on!

MM

Been looking forward to this game all season. An old school mate is a Sjokie, and he is more than confident that they will turn us over.. I don't agree with him! I think GJ will out fox the prat that is Pulis today.

I want the bragging rights tonight, but more importantly I want the boys on the pitch and the fans in the stand to show the whole country that Bristol City are back, we mean business, and we are a Premier League club in the waiting!

Come on You Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (or Blacks today)

:city:

MM

Very.......

played gold this morning but couldn't think of anything else, even when i sunk a 15 foot putt for birdie

just had a fry up, butterflies are still there, will be ok about 3 when the first blackthorn is being sunk in BS3 bar

Come on you reds, you can do it

Archived