IGNORED

1st Half Performances Vs 2nd Half Performances

dezgimed

Why do we so often start crap and then come out and finally look up for it?

Personally I'm sick to death of hearing about this stupid hand grenade thing. It happens too often really.

Fail to see why the players cant motivate themselves to up and at em from the start.

:noexpression:

Personally I'm sick to death of hearing about this stupid hand grenade thing. It happens too often really.

Fail to see why the players cant motivate themselves to up and at em from the start.

What I can't stand is that fact that ever since I've followed City, we've players with wide wingers. this season has been so narrow, it's bordering on.....boring!

FFS sake, I can see us really struggling next season (regardless of which division were in) because we don't play open enough. Johnson has to change his tactics, because the style we play has well and truly been found out.

we have punched above our weight all season, credit to the manager/millen and the players for that, I'm sure preston will now be a win for the play-offs and out in the semis, would we have took that start of season, YES we would, but, todays team selection was poor, wilson and skuse were poor and should not have got a game to begin with, it was not a team to win the game, I'm also thinking mcalister and mcoombe make too many mistakes, elliotts gone of the boil, I'm still happy but when your 2nd best to every ball then its not form its fitness or desire.

2nd half, well that was starting to go the same way till adebola scored and stoke got the jitters, I'm pretty sure most teams would have beaten us today, vasko should have been on earlier and noble should have started, the huge hole between midfield and the front 2 was closed and we looked more like the team we used to be in the 2nd half but to little to late.

BUT I'm STILL HAPPY.

I'm afraid next season we need to look at what I would call Championship standard full backs.

Carey and Fontaine in the middle but the outer two in regard to distribution, time needed on the ball and positioning showed them up time after time today.

Half of the crap we were finding ourselves in during the first half was of our own making!

yeah, mcalister must go now, too many mistakes even mcoombe should not be a regular, vasko is better for me, but new staff required up top and cover for lee j, I'm not saying get rid but options would be nice, i thought skuse and wilson were poor.

a play-off final would generate some funds but were just knackered.

Our first half team selection smacked of negativity by GJ to me. Elliott AND Skuse in the centre of midfield? McIndoe more or less playing central midfield as well? Wilson on the right? No Carle on the bench. No Sproule on the bench. It seemed to me that the game plan was to hold Stoke first half and have a go second half and all we did was hand them the game on a plate.

Second half we bring on a midfield player who can put his foot on the ball, a forward who can also play a little bit and send our left winger out wide to get some crosses in. Result - we put Stoke under pressure and could, perhaps should, have got something from the game. It begs the question - was the manager AFRAID to do this first half? I am as happy as anybody with the season we have had but there are still questions that need to be asked based upon what we saw tonight because the club was totally embarrassed in the first 45 minutes.

Whilst we should celebrate our fantastic season we should all remember that if we start next season like we are finishing this one then we will be in a relegation scrap all year. It would be plain stupid to ignore that fact even if it is uncomfortable to digest. Assuming we find ourselves in the Championship next season the club still needs to buy several players (and release a few too) and strengthen if we are to enjoy another good season.

Very few of these players have played in these stadiums before and it seems to be it takes them a while to adjust to there surroundings. And by the time they have adjusted then sadly it's to late.

Whilst we should celebrate our fantastic season we should all remember that if we start next season like we are finishing this one then we will be in a relegation scrap all year. It would be plain stupid to ignore that fact even if it is uncomfortable to digest. Assuming we find ourselves in the Championship next season the club still needs to buy several players (and release a few too) and strengthen if we are to enjoy another good season.

Although I do agree more or less with this I sometimes think that if the results we've had this season had come in reverse (i.e. run of awful matches to begin with, and then great form potentially lifting us into the playoffs) then GJ would be hailed as a genius.

One thing we should be in a position to do this summer thanks to our performance over the whole of this campaign is attract a better quality of player, due to the fact we've shown we can compete in the Championship now. A bigger squad and the experience of those who'll remain from this time round could see us fighting for a playoff place again next year.

Remember that when GJ took Yeovil into league two they finished eighth on goal difference at the first attempt, then went up the next year. Although I'm aware this is a tougher division than league two Gary Johnson and the squad will be one year older and wiser next time out, so let's not write off 2008/2009 before a ball is kicked.

Although I do agree more or less with this I sometimes think that if the results we've had this season had come in reverse (i.e. run of awful matches to begin with, and then great form potentially lifting us into the playoffs) then GJ would be hailed as a genius.

One thing we should be in a position to do this summer thanks to our performance over the whole of this campaign is attract a better quality of player, due to the fact we've shown we can compete in the Championship now. A bigger squad and the experience of those who'll remain from this time round could see us fighting for a playoff place again next year.

Remember that when GJ took Yeovil into league two they finished eighth on goal difference at the first attempt, then went up the next year. Although I'm aware this is a tougher division than league two Gary Johnson and the squad will be one year older and wiser next time out, so let's not write off 2008/2009 before a ball is kicked.

I agree with the middle paragraph and I am sure that GJ will sign the necessary reinforcements. There just seems to be a sizeable minority on here who believe that because we have had a fantastic season this time round it would be perfectly acceptable to stand still/go backwards with the same group of players next time round. The league will be tougher next season and as long as we strengthen to reflect that we will have no problems in terms of "doing a Colchester" or suffering "Second Season Sundrome".

I agree with the middle paragraph and I am sure that GJ will sign the necessary reinforcements. There just seems to be a sizeable minority on here who believe that because we have had a fantastic season this time round it would be perfectly acceptable to stand still/go backwards with the same group of players next time round. The league will be tougher next season and as long as we strengthen to reflect that we will have no problems in terms of "doing a Colchester" or suffering "Second Season Sundrome".
Although I'm a pretty positive poster I do think we'll need a bit of an overhaul next time round.

Several of the team have shown themselves to be up to the task and I'd hope a fair few are retained for depth, but with the fact that there will potentially be six teams on prem parachutes (Watford, Sheffield United, Charlton and the prem team for this year) will mean it's going to be a tougher league next time out. I'd like to think both GJ and his brother will be aware of the likes of Colchester and Sheffield Wednesday, who thought that the teams that had served them well last time out would be enough to compete again this year, and they'll be 'freshening' the squad accordingly.

Archived