IGNORED

Bigger Picture

EmersonsKev

We sit here now, the likelyhood of automatic promotion is slim if non existant. We just need to get another couple of points for the lottery that is the play offs.

The main point I want to make is, yes we have fallen away in the last dozen games but who in all honestly thought we would be here 12 months ago and look where we were 30 months, bottom 3 of league 1 coming off the back of 9 defeats. I am PROUD of how far my football has come in such a short period of time and what ever the next 4/5 weeks brings that will not change.

We sit here now, the likelyhood of automatic promotion is slim if non existant. We just need to get another couple of points for the lottery that is the play offs.

The main point I want to make is, yes we have fallen away in the last dozen games but who in all honestly thought we would be here 12 months ago and look where we were 30 months, bottom 3 of league 1 coming off the back of 9 defeats. I am PROUD of how far my football has come in such a short period of time and what ever the next 4/5 weeks brings that will not change.

I agree to a extent, but the thing is we ain't back to 12 months ago, we were around the top 6 all season, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy with every result as we are exceeding. I wasn't happy at all about the 1st half display and some of the 2nd half.... it showed nothing, no passion, no fight, and more importantly nothing in the midfield to create chances why did GJ bring Wilson into the team from being out the team as a whole? Sinclair and Moses proved Pace troubled the stoke defense so why did we leave out our fastest player???.

I am however delighted with the season as a whole.

I agree to a extent, but the thing is we ain't back to 12 months ago, we were around the top 6 all season, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy with every result as we are exceeding. I wasn't happy at all about the 1st half display and some of the 2nd half.... it showed nothing, no passion, no fight, and more importantly nothing in the midfield to create chances why did GJ bring Wilson into the team from being out the team as a whole? Sinclair and Moses proved Pace troubled the stoke defense so why did we leave out our fastest player???.

I am however delighted with the season as a whole.

As a whole I am delighted the way the season has gone. I would have bitten anyone's hand off if they had offered the play-offs at the start of the season.

But... Over the last couple of weeks, I have been disappointed at some of our performances. It looks as if some of our squad are either tired or their bottle is being severly tested.. I have always been "sat on the fence" when it comes to Lee Johnson, but today more than any other game has shown just how big a player he is for us. We miss his creativity and his free kicks. No one else seems to have a clue where to put the ball from a free kick outside the box. Marvin Elliott looks lost without him at times, he doesnt know whether to stay put or attack and it is affecting his game. Lets hope the team can get over this defeat and consolidate a play-off place - anything could happen then!

I hate moaning about my beloved City. But if we don't go up, and if we don't seriously strengthen the squad in the summer then I feel we may struggle next season. I am still getting a season ticket though!!

:city:

As a whole I am delighted the way the season has gone. I would have bitten anyone's hand off if they had offered the play-offs at the start of the season.

But... Over the last couple of weeks, I have been disappointed at some of our performances. It looks as if some of our squad are either tired or their bottle is being severly tested.. I have always been "sat on the fence" when it comes to Lee Johnson, but today more than any other game has shown just how big a player he is for us. We miss his creativity and his free kicks. No one else seems to have a clue where to put the ball from a free kick outside the box. Marvin Elliott looks lost without him at times, he doesnt know whether to stay put or attack and it is affecting his game. Lets hope the team can get over this defeat and consolidate a play-off place - anything could happen then!

I hate moaning about my beloved City. But if we don't go up, and if we don't seriously strengthen the squad in the summer then I feel we may struggle next season. I am still getting a season ticket though!!

:city:

With the Brooker, Johnson, Carey and other injuries we have not had a first choice team out many times. Some signings have faded, some have not shone at all and been disappointing; now is not the time for nit picking. Our squad has been noticed in this division and you can be sure it will be noticed more next season, if we are still in it.

Today was a defeat yes, but we had more goal attempts than them even without some notable absentees.

L.J has been missed but when he did play there was hardly a day go by without someone moaning about him.

As for your tired or bottle thoughts find that hard to believe these are pro`s with one aim to perform when asked.

don't write off next seasons chances just yet either please lets finish this one first. :farmer:

yes i agree they,ve come on a long way but ffs how can a season gone so great go so bad in a few short months & at such a critical time because i in my humble opinion believe we,ve been punching above our weight

There is such a thing as..... Winners Mentality...... we had it for a big part of the season & then we were lucky a few times

Hey far be it from me, but I'd guess that Gary has not managed to get this through to the team in the final run up?

I have no doubt that he has tried but the message just has not got through?

You'd have to ask Gary........ or if he is reading then let him shed some light.

As long as we build on what we have achieved this season when next season comes round I fully agree (what I mean is don't rest on our laurels thinking the current squad without reinforcement will achieve the same next season - that is when a club can be in danger and suffer this "Second Season Syndrome).

Archived