IGNORED

It Not The Away Results That Have Let Us Down

Guest ashtonyate

Guest ashtonyate

In the grand scheme of thing's losing 2-1 to Stoke was not a bad result it the home games that has been the problem.

Lots of our home games since Christmas have been substandard Norwich was a prime example a game we should have won on paper but in the end scrambled a late goal.

We never had a credible strike force all season and it was obvious to me that even though we were in the top two we would never stay there but in fairness they stayed there longer that I thought.

I made a statement that being second did not cut any ice with me because I could see that we were getting the rub of the green and we were riding our luck and should have been trying to bolster the team with some quality at Xmas we got in Adebola but needed some more quality in the team.

To be fair the lose of Johnson has been a majority of our down fall and not trying to bring in a quality loan midfielder as well as a striker now We have lost Brooker I hope its not a bad one we are really short of firer up front.

I think we end up with a point from Preston i just hope its enough to get into the play off's.

Nonsense. Perhaps we should have just won all 23 home games. You have to look at the season as a whole.

Our home form is on a par with West Broms.

To finish top 2 you need to be good enough to win alot of games away. We've managed a good few but not enough.

In the grand scheme of thing's losing 2-1 to Stoke was not a bad result it the home games that has been the problem.

Lots of our home games since Christmas have been substandard Norwich was a prime example a game we should have won on paper but in the end scrambled a late goal.

We never had a credible strike force all season and it was obvious to me that even though we were in the top two we would never stay there but in fairness they stayed there longer that I thought.

I made a statement that being second did not cut any ice with me because I could see that we were getting the rub of the green and we were riding our luck and should have been trying to bolster the team with some quality at Xmas we got in Adebola but needed some more quality in the team.

To be fair the lose of Johnson has been a majority of our down fall and not trying to bring in a quality loan midfielder as well as a striker now We have lost Brooker I hope its not a bad one we are really short of firer up front.

I think we end up with a point from Preston i just hope its enough to get into the play off's.

So are you happy that it looks like we havent got auto. or will you be happy if we miss out on the play offs?

Losing to Stoke IS a bad result ( for the rest of us) cos we lost :noexpression:

WBA have leaked more goals than us. the midfield situation has prevented us doing better. Other teams have stifled the midfield when it really matters

Err, so that would mean we won it then, as we have with most of our home games, or am I missing something?

Guest ashtonyate
Err, so that would mean we won it then, as we have with most of our home games, or am I missing something?

The point you are missing is we dropped 11 points since Xmas at home had we had a better goal scoring record we would still be there looking for automatic promotion no defeat is wanted but losing 2-1 to stoke is no that bad its a few of the other games were the problem

Stop geeing up the yokels.......

I was dissappointed with our first half performance at Stoke but...

In the grand scheme of things we are still in with a chance of going up .

In the grand scheme of things we are in a position that 99 .9 % would not have believed at the start of the season being still in with an auto place to the prem with 2 games left .

In the grand scheme of things I have thoroughly enjoyed the many unexpected highs this season in the champs has given me .

In the grand scheme of things G.J has pulled together a decent , and in most games this season , a combative and competitive side .

In the grand scheme of things I am happy we are not where Sheffield Wednesday etc.. are as we were the last time in the champs .

In the grand scheme of things the near future looks rosy for the club with a forward thinking board who have the insight to build a bigger and better club away from the Gate ( which like all grounds that are retired off is sometimes a difficult thing to understand for the fans ) which will bode well in the prem and future Premier League football stability .

There have been many frustrations along the way this season and we all have an opinion that can be aired , shot down or agreed with .

If I could briefly end with our injury time goal in the first game against QPR which was a winner , oh no it isn't . Bloody hell , oh well a first point of the season .

What about Charlton at home and another injury time goal . Was it IWEWEWEWEWELUMA ??

We have been naive at times and have dropped points that experiences this season may aid us next , but have got a few late ones ourselves .

Surely a proven 20 odd goal striker is on his way , for a record fee I'm sure in today's prices , whether we go up or stay in the champs in the close season merry go round .

Whatever happens what a great season we've had and the frustrations of the last couple of month's is why we will still be there next season cheering the team on .

Well done G.J ,the team and support staff and Steve Lansdown and the board .

The only team in this division with more points at home than us is Ipswich.

At xmas, the transfer window was closed, however when it was opened, we brought in Adebola (6 goals in 14) and Nick Carle who has shown signs to be a quality player.

fact is......your still bitter that you were proved wrong and that we actually got promoted last season.

Archived