IGNORED

Can We Really Now Make The Playoffs?

Sticks

Obviously optimism is now very low but this has been coming for some time the last 10-12 games have been poor and in my reckoning since the introduction of Adebola the slump seems to have culminated around his arrival. Our style of play has changed from neat passing to hopeful long ball to target man. The loss of young Lee J. has been another huge factor.

Today tactics weren't good enough, Stoke at Ashton Gate were by far the biggest team I have seen in a long time, everyone 6 foot plus so why play in the air, we were only going to beat Stoke by playing football. The reverse has happened Stoke playing better football and us hoofing it in hope.

Sir Gary took the risk to give this team a chance but although he now may think naive as we needed some fire power which utilised our wing play not a target man.

We are now in a predicament of needing 2 points to make the playoffs. Sheffield United is a loss and Preston I can see no more than a point as the pressure will be on. Looking at bbc predictor it's easy to see from the fixtures how we could miss out and our negative goal difference says it all.

I hope and pray we make the playoffs all be it, it may end on a sour note as the playoffs are not our forte by any stretch , we have had our chance and blown it. I know people say what a season and a nice day out at Wembley, yes it has been well beyond our imaginations but we now had expectation being in the position we were in that we could actually make the holy land. I don't want a nice day out at Wembley, it would be horrible, nervous affair that would no doubt end in tears and more heartache.

Next season will be a whole new ball game as we are finding out now we are mid table , hoefully this summer Sir Gary will be ruthless and spend some of Mr Lansdowns money and get a few more bits of quality in to cement a top 6 finish next year else we might not be so lucky and end up doing a Colchester.

Here's to hopefully making the playoffs and the premier league :fingerscrossed:

Obviously optimism is now very low but this has been coming for some time the last 10-12 games have been poor and in my reckoning since the introduction of Adebola the slump seems to have culminated around his arrival. Our style of play has changed from neat passing to hopeful long ball to target man. The loss of young Lee J. has been another huge factor.

Today tactics weren't good enough, Stoke at Ashton Gate were by far the biggest team I have seen in a long time, everyone 6 foot plus so why play in the air, we were only going to beat Stoke by playing football. The reverse has happened Stoke playing better football and us hoofing it in hope.

Sir Gary took the risk to give this team a chance but although he now may think naive as we needed some fire power which utilised our wing play not a target man.

We are now in a predicament of needing 2 points to make the playoffs. Sheffield United is a loss and Preston I can see no more than a point as the pressure will be on. Looking at bbc predictor it's easy to see from the fixtures how we could miss out and our negative goal difference says it all.

I hope and pray we make the playoffs all be it, it may end on a sour note as the playoffs are not our forte by any stretch , we have had our chance and blown it. I know people say what a season and a nice day out at Wembley, yes it has been well beyond our imaginations but we now had expectation being in the position we were in that we could actually make the holy land. I don't want a nice day out at Wembley, it would be horrible, nervous affair that would no doubt end in tears and more heartache.

Next season will be a whole new ball game as we are finding out now we are mid table , hoefully this summer Sir Gary will be ruthless and spend some of Mr Lansdowns money and get a few more bits of quality in to cement a top 6 finish next year else we might not be so lucky and end up doing a Colchester.

I wouldn't make Adebola the scapegoat. At least he has found the back of the net. It's not as if he's missed loads of chances.

I wouldn't make Adebola the scapegoat. At least he has found the back of the net. It's not as if he's missed loads of chances.

He [sticks] has a point though.. yeh Dele's scored some, but I bet our win ratio is greater this season when he's not been playing. Our style has definatly changed since he arrived. I'm not saying i 'blame' Dele, I think he has done fantastically well and has silenced critics on a personal level, and maybe all this is just our luck running out, but you can't deny we've played worse since his arrival.

That is why Sjoke are were they are in the league and every body hates them. They hoof the ball up every time and in the end their opposition ends up dropping down to their level. Best of luck in the play offs, hopefully you will get sjoke in them at some point and have a chance to get your own back. I think though whoever goes up this season is going to struggle in the Premier League including west brom and will most likely come straight back down. Anyway will look forward to seeing you on match of the day next season and Brooker will be banging them in past the likes of Man utd ;)

The only player lumping it forward to Adebola is McCombe.

All other players are trying to play it on the ground, but as soon as McCombe gets the ball he just hoofs it up front - and back it comes.

I disagree, I think both full-backs have been doing it as well. Not all the time, but certainly more since Dele arrived.

end of the day the manager picks the team, if adebola was the reason we we'rent playiung as well it's the managers job to drop him and play someone else.

The only person who can turn the team around is the creator of the team and thats GJ

He [sticks] has a point though.. yeh Dele's scored some, but I bet our win ratio is greater this season when he's not been playing. Our style has definatly changed since he arrived. I'm not saying i 'blame' Dele, I think he has done fantastically well and has silenced critics on a personal level, and maybe all this is just our luck running out, but you can't deny we've played worse since his arrival.

Although it pains me to agree...This is right.

We have become one dimentional, however we played well with Trundle in the side which'makes me think LT and SB could be the combo we've been looking for IMO.

Nevertheless enough of the negative shit 2 points from two games are required...Just get behind the team.

Johnson has been a MAJOR lose, as had Carey after xmas when he missed alot of games.

it also hasn't be helped by the total lose of form of Sproule, Murray and Wilson are good players but just not able in that position anymore

Whilst it may be right about Dele and hoofing it up pitch, we need to think about this situation carefully.

What few of us are realising is that his strength will be to play football, simple as that. He's been in this division for an age, and is a very clever footballer.

You only have to look at a few of his goals we've seen recently. Sheff Wed at home, good pass out wide and an intelligent run keeping himself onside. Tap in against Norwich, stayed onside (less intelligent players would've been off). His goal against us for Coventry, decent run behind the defense and a good finish.

I think this target man stereotype suits him as much as it suits us.

It is our players in defense and midfield who choose to hoof it to him that need to be looked at, because I'm not sure its what he wants at all.

And with 6 goals in 14 for us, he is a decent player to have in the team at this level.

A few players missed out on yesterdays course but they will bounce back. Overall this season they have passed their exams in style. Still everything is possible. We have got a very good chance to reach the play offs - Ipswich equalising against Wolves in the last minute can prove vital - and once their, we the underdogs, sure can make it. Crystal Palace, Hull and Watford don't stop me from sleeping good at night.

Always believe!

The only team that can realistically challenge us for play off place is wolves, who still have 3 games left.

If they manage to beat Cardiff on Tuesday (their game in hand) then we better hope our form picks up, as we could end up going into the last game at Preston with wolves just 2 points behind us! (I would be amazed if we manage to take anything from the Sheff U game next saturday.)

If wolves do win their next 2 games, then the Preston game will be absolutely massive, and one for the very bravest of souls. If we don't get off to a flying start, then it's going to be a very nervy game, as I would expect wolves to finish with a bang and beat Plymuff comfortably. I can just imagine us playing well, still tied at 0-0 and hearing scores of 2, 3 nil to the wolves coming through from Molineux stadium.

I would expect us to beat Preston and seal the deal, but I don't think we will make it easy on ourselves!

The only team that can realistically challenge us for play off place is wolves, who still have 3 games left.

If they manage to beat Cardiff on Tuesday (their game in hand) then we better hope our form picks up, as we could end up going into the last game at Preston with wolves just 2 points behind us! (I would be amazed if we manage to take anything from the Sheff U game next saturday.)

If wolves do win their next 2 games, then the Preston game will be absolutely massive, and one for the very bravest of souls. If we don't get off to a flying start, then it's going to be a very nervy game, as I would expect wolves to finish with a bang and beat Plymuff comfortably. I can just imagine us playing well, still tied at 0-0 and hearing scores of 2, 3 nil to the wolves coming through from Molineux stadium.

I would expect us to beat Preston and seal the deal, but I don't think we will make it easy on ourselves!

Millers last minute goal that gave Ipswich a point may be the difference at the end; :noexpression: :fingerscrossed: We beat Preston and its play offs no matter what anybody else does

SHUT UP

one of the things GJ has pleaded this season is POSITIVE THINKING USUALLY BREEDS POSITIVE OUTCOMES

so shut up will you

just try it, be really positive untill our season is over, then you have the entire off-season to be negative about the outcome of this season, :)

if it doesnt work then next season do as you will

just a thought, keep your candles alight and your hearts believing

WEM-BER-LEY HERE WE COME

As far as the play-offs are concerned we've got the points in the bag and it's up to Ipswich and Wolves to win all their games to deny us. Obviously, if they do then we need either a point to deny Ipswich or a win to deny Wolves.

Let's be positive - Has anyone mentioned that we are still not out of the race to be champions? :whistle:

As far as the play-offs are concerned we've got the points in the bag and it's up to Ipswich and Wolves to win all their games to deny us. Obviously, if they do then we need either a point to deny Ipswich or a win to deny Wolves.

Let's be positive - Has anyone mentioned that we are still not out of the race to be champions? :whistle:

Have to score 33 Goals in next 2 Games to make that happen

Easy

Archived