IGNORED

City Pessimists

Travis Brain

i am saddened friends. saddened and ashamed by some of the recent posts i have been reading on these very pages by those who purport to be fans of the city side of bristol. pessimism is running rampant amongst this once fine and proud community, filling the air with a bitter odour of defeat. such posts are enough to make any man of cast iron nerve visably blench and gnash their teeth into a fine powder. what is all this pessimistic talk going on here lately? why friends, this is surely the time to link arms and sing songs as one triumphant voice. do these pessimists not realise there are still two games left of the season? and even if the city do not make automatic promotion, then there are always the play offs? we mustn't right off our fine chaps yet with this dour pessimism. how can our boys perform to the best of their abilities when we show up under this cloud of doom and gloom? such an atmos does not inspire. it doesn't make our boys want to click their heels on the pitch and perform back flips when surging towards the oppositions goal. no friends, it isn't doom and gloom the city need - its vroom vroom! tally ho! yark forard and a merry old english pip pip! i recommend that anyone who doesn't go to the next city match without a smile be banned from the stadium. we must go to the games smiling, whistling and performing the birdie song like all true city supporters! our ceaseless smiling, revealing our perfect pearlies will cast a light on the game that will inspire our boys not to get caught, to make their own play, express themselves and not give the ball away.

i strongly suspect these pessimists who have filled these on line pages lately with their bitter vitriol are mere bristol city armchair critics, who didn't even bother to go to the game. how anyone who didn't go to the stoke game can seriously call themselves a city fan is quite frankly, beyond this supporter, and i feel strongly that they are not fit to wear the city shirt with any pride. for shame! this was the most important match of the season bar none, and we needed our fans there in their hundreds of thousands....but no, the pessimists sat at home in their arm chairs watching the score roll in on the bbc's vidi-printer, moaning weakly and feebly about how city have "thrown it all away" before watching flight of the navigator to take their mind off it. these are not city fans. the true fans were there at the game, stamping their feet, yelling their lungs out and blowing kisses at our players. i would have been there doing precisely this myself had my cousin melvin not given me a free ticket to see rovers vs gillingham (as much as it pained me friends, but of course, one cannot turn down a freebie). so let us hear no more from the city pessimists! lets keep these upper bristolian lips stiff. chins up my friends! how foolish these doom mongers will look when gary j dances us into the Premier League, and offers those foolish enough to question him a big slice of humble pie before we sadly let him go to make way for sir alex. so come on brethren! no more tears, no more pessimism. after all, no one likes a hornet's itch. city are on the up and up, it's just they are going through a bad patch. but it isn't over yet friends! tally ho! peep peep! and bippity bip! wear your city smile with pride and lets all join together on the terraces at the next game giving it jazz hands for 90m, whilst chirping, bopping, flipping and flopping! knees up mother brown! knees up mother brown! knees up knees up never let that breeze up! we can do this friends! the city are going up, up, uppity up and away! lets all join charlie in his glass elevator! good times lie ahead friends! whoopidy doo! whoopidy dee! a premieship life for we! huzzah!

i am saddened friends. saddened and ashamed by some of the recent posts i have been reading on these very pages by those who purport to be fans of the city side of bristol. pessimism is running rampant amongst this once fine and proud community, filling the air with a bitter odour of defeat. such posts are enough to make any man of cast iron nerve visably blench and gnash their teeth into a fine powder. what is all this pessimistic talk going on here lately? why friends, this is surely the time to link arms and sing songs as one triumphant voice. do these pessimists not realise there are still two games left of the season? and even if the city do not make automatic promotion, then there are always the play offs? we mustn't right off our fine chaps yet with this dour pessimism. how can our boys perform to the best of their abilities when we show up under this cloud of doom and gloom? such an atmos does not inspire. it doesn't make our boys want to click their heels on the pitch and perform back flips when surging towards the oppositions goal. no friends, it isn't doom and gloom the city need - its vroom vroom! tally ho! yark forard and a merry old english pip pip! i recommend that anyone who doesn't go to the next city match without a smile be banned from the stadium. we must go to the games smiling, whistling and performing the birdie song like all true city supporters! our ceaseless smiling, revealing our perfect pearlies will cast a light on the game that will inspire our boys not to get caught, to make their own play, express themselves and not give the ball away.

i strongly suspect these pessimists who have filled these on line pages lately with their bitter vitriol are mere bristol city armchair critics, who didn't even bother to go to the game. how anyone who didn't go to the stoke game can seriously call themselves a city fan is quite frankly, beyond this supporter, and i feel strongly that they are not fit to wear the city shirt with any pride. for shame! this was the most important match of the season bar none, and we needed our fans there in their hundreds of thousands....but no, the pessimists sat at home in their arm chairs watching the score roll in on the bbc's vidi-printer, moaning weakly and feebly about how city have "thrown it all away" before watching flight of the navigator to take their mind off it. these are not city fans. the true fans were there at the game, stamping their feet, yelling their lungs out and blowing kisses at our players. i would have been there doing precisely this myself had my cousin melvin not given me a free ticket to see rovers vs gillingham (as much as it pained me friends, but of course, one cannot turn down a freebie). so let us hear no more from the city pessimists! lets keep these upper bristolian lips stiff. chins up my friends! how foolish these doom mongers will look when gary j dances us into the Premier League, and offers those foolish enough to question him a big slice of humble pie before we sadly let him go to make way for sir alex. so come on brethren! no more tears, no more pessimism. after all, no one likes a hornet's itch. city are on the up and up, it's just they are going through a bad patch. but it isn't over yet friends! tally ho! peep peep! and bippity bip! wear your city smile with pride and lets all join together on the terraces at the next game giving it jazz hands for 90m, whilst chirping, bopping, flipping and flopping! knees up mother brown! knees up mother brown! knees up knees up never let that breeze up! we can do this friends! the city are going up, up, uppity up and away! lets all join charlie in his glass elevator! good times lie ahead friends! whoopidy doo! whoopidy dee! a premieship life for we! huzzah!

couldn't agree more (apart from the last weird bit)

another edit- sorry i just reread the last bit, you are saying that anyone who didnt go isnt a true city fan then went on to say you went to see rovers instead????????

couldn't agree more (apart from the last weird bit)

So you couldn't agree with the Gashead WUM more that anyone who didn't go to Stoke is not a TRUE City supporter. How about the fact that I've just shelled out close on £1,000 for my family's season tickets next season, have a mortgage to pay, shoes for the six year old to buy etc. etc. Are you a kid who doesn't have to work for a living. And 10,000 other people have laid out for season tickets too, many probably struggling to afford them let alone going to an away game which is available to watch on TV.

Same old I'm a superior supporter to you b0llo0x on here. Some things never change.

Edit - I see you've slightly revised your opinion now. Good......because it wasn't too clever.

So you couldn't agree with the Gashead WUM more that anyone who didn't go to Stoke is not a TRUE City supporter. How about the fact that I've just shelled out close on £1,000 for my family's season tickets next season, have a mortgage to pay, shoes for the six year old to buy etc. etc. Are you a kid who doesn't have to work for a living. And 10,000 other people have laid out for season tickets too, many probably struggling to afford them let alone going to an away game which is available to watch on TV.

Same old I'm a superior supporter to you b0llo0x on here. Some things never change.

Edit - I see you've slightly revised your opinion now. Good......because it wasn't too clever.

try re reading my post I'm aggreeing with the first part of the post about the negativity!!!

EDIT: i also have a morgage to pay and a family and as said above, no i didnt go last night and as said i only agree with the first part of the post

but it isn't over yet friends! tally ho! peep peep! and bippity bip! wear your city smile with pride and lets all join together on the terraces at the next game giving it jazz hands for 90m, whilst chirping, bopping, flipping and flopping! knees up mother brown! knees up mother brown! knees up knees up never let that breeze up! we can do this friends! the city are going up, up, uppity up and away! lets all join charlie in his glass elevator! good times lie ahead friends! whoopidy doo! whoopidy dee! a premieship life for we! huzzah!

Crikey: can I have some of what you have taken please?

This season is over. Lets make sure we get it right for next season and don't prove the s*gs right again and have a relegation battle.

This season is over. Lets make sure we get it right for next season and don't prove the s*gs right again and have a relegation battle.

:disapointed2se:NO IT IS NOT 2 GAMES LEFT AND WHO GIVES A FLYING WHAT THE SAGS THINK

What about the play offs?

Archived