IGNORED

Why Did Gj Pick Such A Defensive Team?

Kibs

Ive been trying to work this out all night and to be honest, I just cant understand the thinking behind the team selection.

I saw the results yesterday and was quietly confident that we could go to Stoke and win. Then the team was announced, My heart sank.

GJ was the one that billed it as a must win game - yet he picked a midfield that couldnt open up a tin of beans.

Why was Wilson brought in for Sproule? don't get me wrong here, I rate Wilson - as a right back and Sproule hasnt set the world alight but at least he gives the opposition something to think about by putting them on the back foot.

Why was Skuse and Elliott selected together? I thought they both done "OKAY" against Wolves but we clearly lacked creativity and neither of them can control a game. lets face facts - They are both better at winning posession than retaining posession and being creative. I was desperately hoping LJ would be fit but if he wasnt going to make it then I thought Carle would come in. Was he injured or like Sproule - just dropped completely? Noble would have been my 3rd choice......

GJ said 4 players froze - It appears to me that he bottled it abit himself with the team he selected.

Now for the positives - Lee Trundle looked bang up for it when he came on and added abit of quality where it was needed. If we make the playoffs then anything can happen and hopefully we will have our injured players back and raring to go.

It has been an unbelieveable season. We have performed above all expectations but that doesnt mean we shouldnt pick the bones out of it when things do go wrong and last night, In my personal opinion, they went wrong before a ball was kicked.

yeah, I'm with you.

we went to keep em out then sneak one.

i don't think stoke are that good, there not wba, poor at home.

even byfields inclusion, brooker injured, fair enough, dele gets the nod, but we have looked better with a link up player all season, seems gj don't realy know whats best up top, should have started with noble, who played well when he came on, or at least the inefective(of late) carle.

we went defensive against a team who get the jitters at home, should have tried to get our nosses in front.

wilson and skuse, i rather thing gj will be regretting there inclusion .

vasko should have came on earlier, at least give him 15 mins, mcoombe and mcalister should be squad players next season, constant mistakes, we cant lob the kids in till were in the play-offs, although ive given up on winning, mmm, well watford and hull are going the same way as us.

we did take 4 points of both aswell.

you never know.

Why did we pick Wilson right side mid? Because Murray isn't up to it and Ivan Sproule is clearly one of the guys who can't handle the pressure. That's at least one reason we picked him to make it look defensive. There's noone else :(

Archived