IGNORED

Don't Think The Players Actually Want It

sab

i know a lot of people will disagree but the last few weeks have shown the players are not motivated to take their chance. Why should they? Before the southampton game in the pub a few of us thought the only player who is premership quality is Basso. Maybe we need to bide our time and get some players in who have not played in the lower reaches and want the Premier League more? We all know they have done well this season but maybe they started seeing the end of their city careers.

Absolutely agree. I have said for weeks the Club want it but not the players. Why should they want it when Lansdown comes out and says we will spend £30m on new players. Most of our current players will then get gradually pushed out and probably have to drop down to league 1. Bristol City is a great club to play for and Bristol is a very pleasant place to live.

The manager can motivate the team but there has to be self motivation too. There were alot of players yesterday who were found wanting and didnt perform. I think alot of those players will be moving on in the summer. Stokes performance was described as a blood and guts performance. If we had an ounce of that we would have gained something from the game.

Absolutely agree. I have said for weeks the Club want it but not the players. Why should they want it when Lansdown comes out and says we will spend £30m on new players. Most of our current players will then get gradually pushed out and probably have to drop down to league 1. Bristol City is a great club to play for and Bristol is a very pleasant place to live.

This is crazy talk.

Throught GJ's reign we have become accustomed to being a hardworking team.

You cannot say that any of the players 'don't want it'. There is a difference between 'not wanting it' and buckling under pressure or simply having a game where things aren't coming off for you. In the last month or so we have been within arm's length of the promised land and a few players are having poor games, a few are bowing to the pressure - BUT none of them don't want it. You simply cannot confuse the two.

This is crazy talk.

Throught GJ's reign we have become accustomed to being a hardworking team.

You cannot say that any of the players 'don't want it'. There is a difference between 'not wanting it' and buckling under pressure or simply having a game where things aren't coming off for you. In the last month or so we have been within arm's length of the promised land and a few players are having poor games, a few are bowing to the pressure - BUT none of them don't want it. You simply cannot confuse the two.

agree, when it's come down to the crunch, basically since xmas, too many bad things have happened, the lose of Carey who to me has been the same since,

the loss of LJ for the run in has been nothing short of a disaster, Marvin's form completely and utterly dipped, but he's since come almost fully back to Form, Ivan Sproule's form has dipped massively and no one else seems even slightly capable of replacing him.

People point at the fact that we didn't sign a forward, however looking at the other clubs that did at that point, They haven't made much of a difference and I don't think bringing in Lita or similar would have made much difference when since jan, we have lost our 2 main strengths SOLID DEFENCE and BATTLING MIDFIELD.

overall though, we still have a chance in the play-offs if we can nick a point for the last 2 games, and WHO KNOWS what will happen then.

Guest RyanBCFC

Maybe the players don't want it because of Lansdowne saying he would spend 30million if we went up.

Although GJ has always stated he would give the players a chance at the next level, some of the players could have payed too much attention to Lansdowne's coments.

Because if GJ bought a lot of players in, it would leave most of the current squad on the sidelines, so this could be the reason they don't want it enough.

Anyway i don't want to be negative, so lets cheer the boys hopefully to the prem !!

:city:

i pondered this for a while and the only thing i can come up with is a resounding 'of course they want it!'

Premier League team, prem wages, prem players. put yourself in their shoes, what would you do? yes indeed.

this is just looking for excuses, the players want nothing more than promotion, i reckon most of their nerves are just a bit shattered like us fans. what a seaon, and not over yet.

Has anyone ever considered this as a possibility...wait for it.....

were not good enough???

Ive said before, and ill say again, we have been saying all season, pure blood, guts and determination has got us to where we are. Team spirit has been key! Unfortunately, guts and determination will only take you so far...and eventually class will shine through.

Teams like Wolves, Norwich, Southampton and Stoke in recent weeks have looked far better then us....why? because they are established Championship Clubs, with players who have more technical ability then our players. These clubs have built these foundations over a number of years.

We are new at this level, and its been an awesome season. Yeah I'm gutted that we've missed out on automatic, and who knows, maybe even miss out on the play-offs, but lets not forget that this club is a work in progress. If someone would have said to you last year, we have a 3 year plan to build a club that will be up their challenging with Wolves and WBA..we would have all taken it

One more win, even a draw, and we can pretty much think about who we want in the pray-offs...Yeah the pray-ff is a lottery.and we may lose this lottery, but I for one am chuffed to bits to be a City fan at the minute, and cant help but look at the shambles that is Bristol Rovers up the road and think how lucky I am

Has anyone ever considered this as a possibility...wait for it.....

were not good enough???

Ive said before, and ill say again, we have been saying all season, pure blood, guts and determination has got us to where we are. Team spirit has been key! Unfortunately, guts and determination will only take you so far...and eventually class will shine through.

Teams like Wolves, Norwich, Southampton and Stoke in recent weeks have looked far better then us....why? because they are established Championship Clubs, with players who have more technical ability then our players. These clubs have built these foundations over a number of years.

We are new at this level, and its been an awesome season. Yeah I'm gutted that we've missed out on automatic, and who knows, maybe even miss out on the play-offs, but lets not forget that this club is a work in progress. If someone would have said to you last year, we have a 3 year plan to build a club that will be up their challenging with Wolves and WBA..we would have all taken it

One more win, even a draw, and we can pretty much think about who we want in the pray-offs...Yeah the pray-ff is a lottery.and we may lose this lottery, but I for one am chuffed to bits to be a City fan at the minute, and cant help but look at the shambles that is Bristol Rovers up the road and think how lucky I am

Brilliant post i agree

Archived