IGNORED

Liam Lawrence

havanatopia

in my view it was a tangle of legs, neither player at fault but becasue lawrence had the ball it was always going to be a free kick, not sure what gary birtles (hate the bloke never gives teams any credit) was on about saying macca was fouling him it was just their legs getting caught up no intention what so ever!

he is an absolut moron, i don't think iv ever hated a footballer quite as much, and that is nothing to do with yesterday,

diving little gobsh!te with a really nasty attitude, he should have been sent off for his barrage of abuse toward the referee(what happened to getting tough on these iddiots after ass cole and mascha???)

he is dirty and really an annoying little git, sort of player i think ruin football

right out of the tiny pen!s mould

Just wish City had signed Lawrence from Mansfield about 5 years ago when several of us on here were suggesting it. :disapointed2se:

he was great back at Mansfield and always looked like going on to do well and looked the perfect replacement for Murray when he went to Reading,

lost count of the players who we have meet in the lower league and looked obvious to have a good career, without us even looking at them, Jimmy Bullard at Peterboro and Dave Kitson at Cambridge 2 more example that we should have looked at years ago after many an impressive performance against us.

personally I thought it was harsh, however JM didn't do himself any favours.

Edited by bh_red

A silly foul to give away, he was going away from goal!

LL didn't quite beat Michael Mcindoe in terms of how to dive. Did anyone else spot the free kick MM won when he went down with no contact from the LL challenge near the halfway line?!!!

Edited by BCFC Matt

Just wish City had signed Lawrence from Mansfield about 5 years ago when several of us on here were suggesting it. :disapointed2se:

By the way, reckon Lee Croft would be a good signing Gary. :innocent06:

Agree on both parts. I mentioned Croft on here a few weeks ago and think he'd be an ideal target for us this summer presuming Norwich would be open to offers.

Lawrence was one of a few players showing promise in the lower leagues. Him and Bullard stood out for me. I remember going to Peterborough away a few years ago when we lost 4-1 and Bullard got two screamers and his ability was there for all to see.

Sadly, Lawrence did go down very easily but McAllister should've been wise enough to stand him up in the knowledge Stoke play for these set pieces and that he wouldn't get done on the outside for pace. Canny play by the winger though but that's what Premier League experience brings to your team, especially when they were looking to play to their strength's by winning set pieces around the box.

This isnt the reason we arnt going up automatically, people get way too carried awya on this forum with small details like " a free kick here or a free kick there" but its 46 game season!

good post! the ref was totally on your side so we are susprized he gave it us!

cant really say i agree that the ref was on our side, however he certainly wasnt on Stokes side either, thought Riley got majority of decisions right but just handled game badly booking Mcindoe and Fuller unnecersarily.

As for boothenendboy, i presume your a stoke fan, if so good luck for the rest of the season, lets hope u get more points than derby next year

Edited by Stucks

Liam Lawrence in my opinion one of the best championship players his crossing of the ball is excellent,

Bristol city froze on the occasion, the home crowd made it an intimidating atmosphere and it wasnt until later in the second half when it became a match. Mike Riley had a poor game and the best team won on the day.

GJ is a brilliant manager,bcfc have surprised a lot of people this season,The club needs to unite ie supporters,players, otherwise you will self destruct if it ends up being playoffs.

It was a dive. He played the ball too far and realised it and then ran into McAllister.

Wasn't even a free kick as far as I'm concerned - since when has it been a defender's duty to get out of someone's way?

That's how I saw it.

Lawrence altered the angle of his run to collect McAllister's leg once he knew the ball had gone away from him. Had he run directly to the ball, he wouldn't have run into McAllister. Can't blame him really.

Sadly, The Mike Riley Show was in town and he wasn't allowing any physical contact without blowing his whistle. I'm not suggesting for one second he was biased, as he gave us numerous freekicks for bugger all. He was just incompetent.

That's how I saw it.

Lawrence altered the angle of his run to collect McAllister's leg once he knew the ball had gone away from him. Had he run directly to the ball, he wouldn't have run into McAllister. Can't blame him really.

Sadly, The Mike Riley Show was in town and he wasn't allowing any physical contact without blowing his whistle. I'm not suggesting for one second he was biased, as he gave us numerous freekicks for bugger all. He was just incompetent.

The thing that bugs me is this growing view that contact = foul.

If you play the ball past someone and then run into them without them moving into your path or making a challenge they didn't impede you, it's not a foul.

If a defender makes a challenge and misses but doesn't impede you that's not an excuse to trail a leg to fake contact and then go down like a $10 hooker.

Thanks to shitty commentators many fans now seem to think now that it's OK to drop like you've been shot whenever you feel a touch. It's crap and it's ruining the game.

Players should be playing on even if they've been tackled neck high and then the referees will be free to exercise some judgement.

He did give us a lot of free-kicks to be fair when he should have let the game carry on.

It was the linesman who gave the Liam Lawrence foul though- not sure if Riley would have blown up if the linesman hasdn't of flagged.

I was fairly close to the incident and to me Lawrence went down like a fairy, but the problem was McCallister didn't need to touch him but did.

He did give us a lot of free-kicks to be fair when he should have let the game carry on.

It was the linesman who gave the Liam Lawrence foul though- not sure if Riley would have blown up if the linesman hasdn't of flagged.

I was fairly close to the incident and to me Lawrence went down like a fairy, but the problem was McCallister didn't need to touch him but did.

Did McAllister have a choice though?

Lawrence changed his run after the ball went away from him to deliberately collide with Mcallister, so other than evaporating into thin air, I'm not sure there's much he could have done to avoid contact.