IGNORED

Looking To The Future

Dynamite Red

Whatever division were in next season and no doubt we will need to sign some quality experience but looking to the future which youngsters would you like to be either blooded from the Academy or signed from other clubs.

Personally I would love to see us sign two young promising strikers to complement 2 established forwards, Maynard (Crewe) and Vokes (Bournemouth) look the two most exciting youngsters outside the Championship.

Ribeiro and Plummer look promising but who would you recommend?

Do you mean sign people like Vokes or play players from our academy who are similar to Maynard and Vokes.

As far as I'm aware only two players from our academy Ribero and Plummer have been close to our team this season and realistically neither of them has actually come anywhere near! Ribero one unused substitute appearance i believe at Burnly away.

Cant say i know much about the standard of the academy apart from that we needed to make signings cos the class of 2003 wasnt good enough to get us up from league one...coles, hill etc

Do you mean sign people like Vokes or play players from our academy who are similar to Maynard and Vokes.

As far as I'm aware only two players from our academy Ribero and Plummer have been close to our team this season and realistically neither of them has actually come anywhere near! Ribero one unused substitute appearance i believe at Burnly away.

Cant say i know much about the standard of the academy apart from that we needed to make signings cos the class of 2003 wasnt good enough to get us up from league one...coles, hill etc

Funny you should Mention Matty Hill, i think he could be a very good signing for us next season.... :)

I'd like to see Riberio, Myrie Williams and Artus blooded in, i think JMW could be a very good player for us next season he has pace, skillful and is not afraid to take the opponents on.

Funny you should Mention Matty Hill, i think he could be a very good signing for us next season.... :)

I'd like to see Riberio, Myrie Williams and Artus blooded in, i think JMW could be a very good player for us next season he has pace, skillful and is not afraid to take the opponents on.

We could do with a replacement for McAllister as I personally think he will be gone. And Matty Hill would be a good shout and i'm sure he would jump at the chance of returning to Bristol.

Whatever division were in next season and no doubt we will need to sign some quality experience but looking to the future which youngsters would you like to be either blooded from the Academy or signed from other clubs.

Personally I would love to see us sign two young promising strikers to complement 2 established forwards, Maynard (Crewe) and Vokes (Bournemouth) look the two most exciting youngsters outside the Championship.

Ribeiro and Plummer look promising but who would you recommend?

I have seen most of the reserve games this year and the young players who will still be at the club next yeay thay have done very well this year are

Artus as a centre midfield player has looked good bags of energy and has a goal in him but its difficult for him to get past Elliot Skuse Johnson and Noble

Riberio has looked good at right back but was not put in when Orr was suspended

J Wilson has performed very well at Centre Back but agaian difficult for a teenager to get past Carey Mcoombe Vaskp and Fonts

Plummer has not played that many games but has looked at his best in midfield

In the light of GJ's "bottlers" comments after Saturday's games, I was interested to listen to everyone's favourite manager Mr Warnock interviewed on the radio at the week-end.

He was being asked about Palace's chances of getting to the play offs, and in particular about the way his young players have performed in getting them to their present porition. While admitting that, to a degree , selcting youngsters was needs must, he also said that the good thing about the youungsters is that they know no fear, so the position the team is in doesn't phase them. Looking back at the last 9/10 games there seems little doubt now that our players have frozen with the enormity of the situation they found themselves in. Had GJ given some of our youngsters a chance would they have frozen in the same way?

In the light of GJ's "bottlers" comments after Saturday's games, I was interested to listen to everyone's favourite manager Mr Warnock interviewed on the radio at the week-end.

He was being asked about Palace's chances of getting to the play offs, and in particular about the way his young players have performed in getting them to their present porition. While admitting that, to a degree , selcting youngsters was needs must, he also said that the good thing about the youungsters is that they know no fear, so the position the team is in doesn't phase them. Looking back at the last 9/10 games there seems little doubt now that our players have frozen with the enormity of the situation they found themselves in. Had GJ given some of our youngsters a chance would they have frozen in the same way?

Guess its just a hypothetical question really. City's policy toward playing youth is clear.

Whether we've won, lost, played well , badly or have to cover for injuries the young players like Artus, Wilson, Ribeiro & Plummer have not had a sniff. Either its because they're just not good enough, or simply unlucky to be at club which will not give them an opportunity. Either way, it is a sad postion for the Club and the lads and they ultimately will be forced to move on as contracts expire and play football elsewhere. In answer to your question it looks like City's future lies in the transfer market.

Archived