IGNORED

Gj Manager 4 How Long

PAPA650

Now after posting this thread on saturday i was suprised how many people looked at my post ie 1,300 and got alot of mixed answers to my post!! alot of good reading of how people were thinking alike !!!!!!

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=97567

Now I'm going for the throat now on GJ as a manager and to what others think about him

Before alot of you scream at me hear me out, I'm going to take a poll here to see where you rate him !!!!

1st i think GJ is in the top 3 managers seen at ashton gate and i for one love him to death even after some mistakes he has made this year, so moaners I'm not looking or saying he should go !! because he has done alot for the club and is worshiped by many fans including myself, i have enjoyed the lime light we have achieved and hope play off's reap rewards (so guys iv not written any one off at the club) I'm just looking ahead now and trying to assess GJ by a poll to see where fans place him as a manager = 1 2 or 3

1= cracking div 1 manager and full praise for getting us out of the dungeons and achieving what other managers could not do even after a terrible run of 10 games lost he turnt the club around and gave us promotion and where we are now, WELL DONE

2= CCC manager, has had a taste of what this division needs from a team and managers, and yes he has made mistakes in many area's (many debates there) me personally think he could make a good squad of players with the money that i quote has always been there for him and learn from his mistakes and hopefully put a more succesfull challenge next season (and yes before you say it we could still do it via play offs) just trying to see if you feel this is GJ division or not !!!!!!

3= Now here is the big 1 do you feel GJ has the balls to make a Premier League manager and build a team capable of holding their own in the promise land and become our greatest manager ever !!! this is very debatable subject and will be a interesting read from fellow fans ??? my heart says if he learns from his mistakes and invests in more quality players he will achieve all managers goals in his career and become one of the big boys, but thats the question has he got the right qualities and attitude to achieve this target ???

again i stress this is not a protest to sack GJ because i feel he has brought back the spark to the club which i feel could be a even bigger club with the right man at the wheel ! so where does GJ score in my poll 1-2-3, still going to sheffield on the wk end to give my 100% support to GJ and the club, start voting

3. I, like many others, was pretty peed off with saturday's loss to Stoke and in particular, the way we played in the first half. After a good nights sleep and thinking about it when the storm clouds had blown away, I now have a different perspective on things. GJ has worked miracles so far at City. He hasnt been here that long and I feel he needs time and support from all concerned to let him build a team to get us where we want to be. He got toghter a team to get into the CCC, and this seasons aim was to consolidate that and stay up. He has done that and the team he built has achieved that. No one expected us to be challenging for promotion again so soon, but we still have a great chance of going up via the play-offs. If we don't go up I will be slightly disapointed, but it has been a great season.

Next season will be crucial IMO to see how far we can go under GJ, because he now knows what players can cut it at this level and who cant. He will re-build the squad again in the summer and I expect us to come out all guns blazing in August and take the CCC by storm again. If we go up, the man will be a genius in my eyes and he will be worshipped forever.

As someone said before - Rome wasnt built in a day, but if anyone can take us to the Premier League (and keep us there) then its Sir Gary Johnson.

Now after posting this thread on saturday i was suprised how many people looked at my post ie 1,300 and got alot of mixed answers to my post!! alot of good reading of how people were thinking alike !!!!!!

Now I'm going for the throat now on GJ as a manager and to what others think about him

Before alot of you scream at me hear me out, I'm going to take a poll here to see where you rate him !!!!

1st i think GJ is in the top 3 managers seen at ashton gate and i for one love him to death even after some mistakes he has made this year, so moaners I'm not looking or saying he should go !! because he has done alot for the club and is worshiped by many fans including myself, i have enjoyed the lime light we have achieved and hope play off's reap rewards (so guys iv not written any one off at the club) I'm just looking ahead now and trying to assess GJ by a poll to see where fans place him as a manager = 1 2 or 3

1= cracking div 1 manager and full praise for getting us out of the dungeons and achieving what other managers could not do even after a terrible run of 10 games lost he turnt the club around and gave us promotion and where we are now, WELL DONE

2= CCC manager, has had a taste of what this division needs from a team and managers, and yes he has made mistakes in many area's (many debates there) me personally think he could make a good squad of players with the money that i quote has always been there for him and learn from his mistakes and hopefully put a more succesfull challenge next season (and yes before you say it we could still do it via play offs) just trying to see if you feel this is GJ division or not !!!!!!

3= Now here is the big 1 do you feel GJ has the balls to make a Premier League manager and build a team capable of holding their own in the promise land and become our greatest manager ever !!! this is very debatable subject and will be a interesting read from fellow fans ??? my heart says if he learns from his mistakes and invests in more quality players he will achieve all managers goals in his career and become one of the big boys, but thats the question has he got the right qualities and attitude to achieve this target ???

again i stress this is not a protest to sack GJ because i feel he has brought back the spark to the club which i feel could be a even bigger club with the right man at the wheel ! so where does GJ score in my poll 1-2-3, still going to sheffield on the wk end to give my 100% support to GJ and the club, start voting

So are you saying Johnson is or isn't the right man at the wheel?

Johnson is the only reason that we are no longer bottom of league one. He is the only reason that we're in the championship promotion race. He is, without question, the best City manager for a generation. To question whether or not he is good enough is, frankly, idiotic.

Would you swap GJ with any current Championship or Premier League manager outside the top 8?

Neither would I.

I know it hurts to have fallen away, but please do not write the season off yet. If we limp out in the play off semi's 3-0 then we'll talk disappointment, but now is just not the time. We can still make this season an incredibly successful one.

Whats your problem with GJ? Why all these pointless, argumentative threads? You saying you're going for GJ's throat, why?? is he an enemy to be attacked wtf did he do to you? and don't go hiding behind you're transparent 'I'm taking a poll' bs, it because not matter how you try to hide it, you're just stirring up 5h1t. :disapointed2se:

Whats your problem with GJ? Why all these pointless, argumentative threads? You saying you're going for GJ's throat, why?? is he an enemy to be attacked wtf did he do to you? and don't go hiding behind you're transparent 'I'm taking a poll' bs, it because not matter how you try to hide it, you're just stirring up 5h1t. :disapointed2se:

I'm with you on this. It is pointless - and the underlying pretext must be to try and flush out some ill-feeling amongst the forum dwellers. I'm all for people speculating about team selections, what's happening to a particular players form, and whether the team was set up right for a particular game - but not on the basis that we know better than GJ what's going to work or not. Especially not when feelings are a bit raw, as they are right now, and its not even over yet!

So are you saying Johnson is or isn't the right man at the wheel?

if your asking me about this years GJ at the wheel i feel he has made to many mistakes for my likeing even if we do go up !!!!!!!! still a great season and to all you having go at me it was only a poll, i have nothing to hide just speak my mind and as others say every one is entitled to their opinion !! BUT if he picks up and accepts his errors with team selection and the buying of the right players in area's much needed and missed this season !! and may i add again money was availible to repair this but was declined ????? then yes i feel GJ could go all the way, so the ball is in his hands and skills of management will answer my poll of fans views !!!!!

if your asking me about this years GJ at the wheel i feel he has made to many mistakes for my likeing even if we do go up !!!!!!!! still a great season and to all you having go at me it was only a poll, i have nothing to hide just speak my mind and as others say every one is entitled to their opinion !! BUT if he picks up and accepts his errors with team selection and the buying of the right players in area's much needed and missed this season !! and may i add again money was availible to repair this but was declined ????? then yes i feel GJ could go all the way, so the ball is in his hands and skills of management will answer my poll of fans views !!!!!

Oh for pity's sake.

He wont be here much longer because of our fickle, brainless and non supportive fans who want to moan at every occasion.

We will drive out the best manager we've had since Alan Dicks!!!

Rant Over

I'm a fully supportive season ticket holder who has only missed 4-5 games all season home and away and I'm free to express myself where and when i like, if you read my thread I'm only taking a poll so i cant be to brainless if i can type and post on here !!!!! freedom of speech :englandsmile4wf:

Geoff65 - Was that comment aimed at me? For the record, I rate GJ very highly, but as a football manager he will, most likely, be looking to manage a bigger Club. It has nothing to do with the alleged rantings on this Forum - In fact I have seen very little anti-GJ stuff here, just a number of posts querying some occasional strange team selections. If GJ gets an offer that is too good to resist, he will leave us - Exactly the same as he left Yeovil for City, and exactly as we will be looking for, say, Paul Ince to move from McDons to here to further his career if GJ goes. And don't rant on about his merits or otherwise, it is just an obvious example! In addition, City have exceeded all expectations, and I doubt that we will do as well next season - Would now be a good time to leave, whilst we are on a high?

That is not being anti-GJ, it shows how good he is, that he is likely to get some very good offers.

I'm a fully supportive season ticket holder who has only missed 4-5 games all season home and away and I'm free to express myself where and when i like, if you read my thread I'm only taking a poll so i cant be to brainless if i can type and post on here !!!!! freedom of speech :englandsmile4wf:

Ah, freedom of speech - the last standing citadel of the bigot.

How can a manager who has got City (the perennial underachievers) to the play-offs have made TOO many F-ing mistakes? Get a grip SOME people... How would we ever know if GJ is a Premier League manager unless he manages there? He will... The reason why? Because of what he has done too and for this club. WE don't have the right to question his judgements... Not where we are in the league... Facing relegation this year and I'd say yes... Making a contender out of city... You are having a laugh...

anyone on this site who is saying johnson should be gone are having a ###### laugh int they we have been up there all season when most of us was expecting to be relagation battlers, who else would we get that would do better than he has for us? i don't think half these people understand football

He wont be here much longer because of our fickle, brainless and non supportive fans who want to moan at every occasion. We will drive out the best manager we've had since Alan Dicks!!! Rant Over
I really think that you need to have a look at other clubs message boards to see what they say on them before you have a pop at our fans for debating issues on here. Half the Stoke fans wanted to have pulis shot at dawn the other week. All fans at all clubs will mouth off and moan. So if he cant handle it here then he wont anywhere else.

I really think that you need to have a look at other clubs message boards to see what they say on them before you have a pop at our fans for debating issues on here. Half the Stoke fans wanted to have pulis shot at dawn the other week. All fans at all clubs will mouth off and moan. So if he cant handle it here then he wont anywhere else.

There, something else other clubs do better than ours!! GJ out as he's really not managed to up the level of vitriol to a decent level. He should have seen this coming in January and made plans to make sure that the comments on here were really vicious. That's why he's failed in my opinion.

In all seriousness though, the fact that other clubs are worse does not make it right here.

Cannot believe that GJs minerals are being mooted as a failure on here?????

2 months ago he was the best English gaffer in the game..now people are talking about not being up to the grade!!!!!

Cannot believe how short peoples memories are? I wonder whether how long the majority of these negative heads have been supporting City?? Try and remember when we were atrocious (a matter of months ago). I'm 34 and am still pinching myself at how far we have come so quickly.

Just over 2 seasons ago we were at the foot of L1.

I hope he stays, in fact, give him an extension on his contract and let him build a squad that will win the CCC title within 4 years.

Archived