IGNORED

Keith Andrews

tin

I know this is a bit early to be talking about this but I'd like to think the scouts are out and about with a list of targets as long as my arm for this summer.

With LJ injured, Skuse not in the slightest bit creative or attacking and the jury still very much out on Carle, this blokes been going about his business scoring 15 league goals for MK Dons this season.

Now this position is one of the priority's for me and he'd surely be one that would interest us? As well as being skipper and at a decent age, he's one we must be looking at.

Discuss

Good lord NO!

I think we can look up and around us for players rather than down nowadays!?

That's a narrow minded view though. There's plenty of players knocking around in the lower leagues that make the step up. Just look at players like Kitson (Cambridge-Reading), Bullard (Posh-Wigan), Lawrence (Mansfield-Sunderland) who've stepped up. I think Nicky Maynard's another one we should be keeping tabs on.

65 appearances for wolves between 1999/2005 (0)goals and 29 appearances for hull 2005/06 (0) goals admmitedly was injured for 4 months at hull but if he was championship standard surley hull would have kept hold of him

Players come evolve at different rates though. We need someone with a bit of attacking prowess in the centre of the park and unless our scouts have got someone like Robert Koren or Zoltan Gera stashed away in Slovenia or Hungary til the summer I genuinely don't know who we could attract from the higher echelons.

This guy's had a good couple of seasons, banging in the goals and captaining what looks like a title winning team so surely worth a look.

Title winning team in League two. The guy was no good for Wolves or Hull and I bet will just slip into the average player pool of League One.

Onwards and upwards.

I do agree that some players come good at different clubs but not this guy...is that more open minded? :rolleyes:

That's a narrow minded view though. There's plenty of players knocking around in the lower leagues that make the step up.

The two chaps at posh might also be worth a look- mclean and boyd.

Mclean powerful, quick striker 27 goals this season (yes I know its in league 2).

Id agree with Mclean, he definetly looks like he could make the step up as could Nicky Maynard.

I'd take Maynard over McLean as he's proved it in the league below for two seasons. McLean's never played there before.

11 goals in 7 games for Maynard at Crewe now and who know's where they'd be if he not broke his leg on the opening day.

I know this is a bit early to be talking about this but I'd like to think the scouts are out and about with a list of targets as long as my arm for this summer.

With LJ injured, Skuse not in the slightest bit creative or attacking and the jury still very much out on Carle, this blokes been going about his business scoring 15 league goals for MK Dons this season.

Now this position is one of the priority's for me and he'd surely be one that would interest us? As well as being skipper and at a decent age, he's one we must be looking at.

Discuss

Discuss? Is that an order?

Tin, this guy has scored 15 goals in the basement league - even you could score goals in that division old boy!

I really do think we need to be spending our hard earned on established championship/lower prem players if we want to progress. He didnt set this division alight at Hull or Wolves.

I've seen MK Dons play a number of times this season and I expected good things from him but I've got to be honest he was useless every time.

The first name on my wishlist is DAVID HEALY!

'Away in a manger,

No crib for His bed

The little Lord Jesus

Laid down His sweet head

The stars in the bright sky

Looked down where Healy, Healy, Healy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Archived