IGNORED

Always Believe

Percy Parrot

Yes it would, but don't you dare come on here and express that disappointment, otherwise you'll be accused of being one of those fans who are supposedly "driving Johnson out".

Still, as long as we all wave our bibles around and keep "believing" that we're going up despite our indifferent recent form, we'll be OK.

As I said - nothing to do with religion. I am an atheist. I do not believe in god. I believe that self-belief is crucial for success. I believe the current managers and players can win us promotion.

Exactly and the point I've been trying to make for the last week or so. I have no problem if people want to 'believe' but the end of the day it's performace's from the players that will secure the points to ensure the play not supporters 'believit ang'.

-offs

They've not played well for a month or so and it has to change Saturday otherwise I honestly believe we'll end up out the play-offs and that would be a terrible disapointment after being in the top 6 all season only to drop out in the final couple of weeks of the season .

I have no problem if people want to 'believe', Good glad about that

but the end of the day it's performace's from the players that will secure the points to ensure the playoffs. Yes we all know that

They've not played well for a month or so and it has to change Saturday otherwise I honestly believe we'll end up out the play-offs and that would be a terrible disapointment after being in the top 6 all season only to drop out in the final couple of weeks of the season . Correct, they have not played well, yes it would be a terrible disappointment, thats football for you but were all hoping and believing that wont be the case, and i think that goes for everyone on here, including yourself, and thats the point i have been trying to make all week.

So to sum it it all up, You believe if we screw it up we wont make the playoffs, So do i

I believe we still have every chance of reaching the playoffs, thats why i will always remain positive until every chance has gone.

Do you think Johnson and his team have this self believe at the moment? Performances in recent weeks would suggest otherwise.

You may be right. Perhaps the belief has gone - perhaps it explains the results. Best get it back soon! If 3,000 away fans can put their belief in them on Saturday it's a start...and as I said, if nothing else I'm determined to enjoy myself and not get miserable about the best season in almost 30 years.

You may be right. Perhaps the belief has gone - perhaps it explains the results. Best get it back soon! If 3,000 away fans can put their belief in them on Saturday it's a start...and as I said, if nothing else I'm determined to enjoy myself and not get miserable about the best season in almost 30 years.

Good for you. Can't argue with anything you've written there.

Mind you if City do rediscover any kind of form prior to the play-offs, should they make it, can you imagine going up at Wembley- That would be epic and if you could guarantee success surely this is the best way to win a promotion!

why is every1 claiming this belief is religious, it is clearly not. i am very religious and this whole thing is down to adriano (who is religious) but believing in your team is clearly not religious... it is merely doing what any football fan does, believing that their team is the best, and will succeed week in week out. i have always believed in this, even before i discovered god. maybe the belief thing has been taken out of context, but i just want to clarify religion has nothing to do with believing your team will succeed, self belief is not religious nor is this

sorry it was just getting me wound up

in city i trust and believe.

to get into playoffs and keep our hopes alive we need a performance from the players not a quasi religous experience!

That's what the bloke on the cross next to Jesus said and look where it got him.

Do you know his name?

Exactly. "quas religious experience" gets my vote. It's the City second coming.... :pray:

Why ?

If we play like we have for the last game and a half and put on a decent performance and result against Preston, we shouldn't be worried about any team.

Palace aren't there yet and I expect Wolves to take their place.

Can't stand Palace or Warnock.

what about if we play like we have for the last TWELVE games- Palace will make it and Warnock owes us one though have to admit- I can't stand him either

That's what the bloke on the cross next to Jesus said and look where it got him.

Do you know his name?

Exactly. "quas religious experience" gets my vote. It's the City second coming.... :pray:

Dismas wasn't it?

Anyway - great post Percy. Just a shame so many people seem to be missing your point and going on about religion.

Dismas wasn't it?

Anyway - great post Percy. Just a shame so many people seem to be missing your point and going on about religion.

Not so i don't think Belief is a word that means so many different things to different people.

In our case its about Believing we will win not matter what.

The Belief always starts off with a few and a few more join in, then before you know it you have a whole stadia of supporters believing.

The Gate was a formidable place Tuesday night i have never witnessed anything like it but unlike most who beleive will never will again i beleive we will. The whole of Bristol City is resonating belief from top to bottom of the club are all sing from the same hymm sheet and BRISTOL CITY IS OUR RELIGION.

Percy that song is BLOODY genius i hope that it will be sung for years to come. Scratch that it is my Belief is that it WILL be sung for many years to come. Give that man an award fooook me when we sang that 5 mins after they scored then again after the pen miss you could see them wilt infront of your very eyes and it was very emtional. In my mind that spurred us on to victory. WINNERS EVERYONE.

Gary johson should be congratulated for instiiling the winners belief into the club and the fans. Remember wining belief is not exclusive to MAN U.

Stand up percy take a bow supporter of the decade :winner_third_h4h:

So many views and opinions recently so I will get to the point and you can read on afterwards until you get bored:-

I am taking my lucky candle to Sheffield, I am taking some balloons, if I had my giant Basso hand here in London I'd take that too - because I want to make it clear that I still believe. If I am on my own then fine - I've made my point. If I have a few wingmen then great. If we have a god damn cider army of 3,000 making it clear then awesome.

I never used to believe. I now do. And long after Basso has left this club I hope the Always Believe mantra lives on in our club and as individuals and as such I would love the "we're top of the league, we're top of the leeeaaaggguue, we're Bristol City..." song to turn in to a "we always believe, we always beliieeeevvvee, we're Bristol City, we always believe" to be sung in good and bad times. The point is still the same and this belief could make this club damn unique among the other 91 league clubs.

Why do I care about belief? Because I was a pessimist. I used to think and assume everything would go wrong and it usually did. I felt safe in my own self pity and correct assumptions. Safe but miserable. Does belief matter? Of course it damn does! Would Boom Boom have scored that vital late goal away at Donny last term if he didn't believe? No. Would Basso have saved that penalty against Watford if he didn't believe? Never. Belief in individuals, team and the club has taken this club from a bottom of the 3rd tier side playing in an almost silent Ashton Gate week in week out to a Premier League chasing side in a time frame beyond most of our wildest dreams.

On a personal level I used to go in to work each morning hoping nothing would go wrong. I would spend most of my energy trying to avoid disaster and getting not a lot done. Now when I do in each morning I think to myself "hell, this could be the best day ever, I just don't know it yet" - guess what? Jobs going great, boss is happy, team flying. Just the other day I felt knackered and didn't feel like the gym. I was sat there glum thinking - what's the point? I'll never stick to this exercise thing. I'll fail so may as well give up now- save myself the bother. Something made me dig out my Basso "always believe" t-shirt, put it on and head down the gym and I had the best workout I've ever done. More running, cycling and weights than ever before. I may be a long way off fit, I may be a long way off strong but I sure as hell know I wouldn't be as fit today if, the other day, I didn't believe I could do it. One more daft anecdote from work - last week a girl at work from our sales team got a "deal". A deal usually being £2000ish. She got ONE deal of £1.6m. Something told her that morning when she picked up the phone that this call could be a deal. She believed and is £100,000 better off in ONE commission thanks to that.

Back to the football I damn well believe. I believe we can beat Sheffield United. It may well not be enough for automatic but I believe it might be. If we lose then I believe we'll beat Preston for the play-offs and until it's mathematically impossible to do so I will believe. If we are in the play-offs I believe we can win them. I believe because we currently have the best manager since I've supported this club. We have the best goalie too. I believe in Johnson's decisions. I believe Basso can save anything. I believe our backline has the fight in Carey, the height in McCombe, the class in Macca and Orr. I believe that Elliot can boss any midfield in this division. I believe LJ, Carle or Nobes can provide that killer pass at any point of the game. I believe our wingers provide pace that can get past anyone and believe their work rate will tackle back anyone who takes the ball off them. I believe Adebola and Brooker have goals, I believe Trundle has class to win any game. I believe this club can be in the Premier League next season.

As I said I can be a pessimist- but I really believe that. Cast your mind back to the 2005 Champions League Final, half-time. Who gave Liverpool a chance? 3-0 down against, in truth, a far better side. I remember a haunting chorus of "You'll Never Walk Alone" roaring round the stadium in a moment of defiance, pride and belief. That belief won Liverpool the best club competition in the world. I believe our club, fans and team can be every ounce a Liverpool...I believe we can be far more. Good times or bad I will believe and in such awesome times as this, I hope others can too.

As I said - I plan to show my belief on Saturday. My candle may not be lucky, my balloons may look naff and quite honestly in themselves they will do nothing at all. But I do hope they will show anyone who cares and the team that I believe. I believe in them as individuals. I believe in them as a team. I believe in this club, the fans and this promotion push. So once I know what colour we're wearing on Saturday I'm buying some balloons and when Saturday comes (see what I done there? Sheff Utd remember!) I'm going to sing, alone if need be "we always believe, we always belieeevve, we're Bristol City, we always believe!". If we lose the game the belief goes on. If nothing else I'm going to have myself some fun doing it.

"Feel like you've been cheated? Losers normally do. Winners just get on with it"

ALWAYS BELIEVE!

:city:

Missed this post 1st time around.

Simply brilliant!

We must show the belief on the 24th

WE ALWAYS BELIEVE

After reading through countless pessimistic posts on this forum, I thought it would be a good idea to bump Percy's excellent 'Always Believe' post back to the top!

This recent negativity all seems a little bit stupid! Especially, when you think that two weeks ago today, we had just beaten Charlton away, we were forth in the table and LJ had just played one of his best games in City shirt! :blink:

I appreciate that we are not playing particularly well at the moment, but getting on the backs of GJ, LJ, Noble, other fans etc is not going to help. We need a wave of belief!

So,

ALWAYS BELIEVE :city:

Archived