IGNORED

Gas To Stay At The Mem

RedM

Just saw on the TV news that the gas have made a 'shock announcement' that they aren't moving from the Mem, yet.

They want to play at least 2 high profile pre-season friendly games and won't be able to do so if they groundshare. Cheltenham still looks a favourite to host the Gas, so the tv says, or it still might be Swindon. An announcement is expected on Monday.

Yes, I know this is not strictly City related. But if it takes our minds off what Gary has done right or wrong this season, and stops people taking chunks out of eachother, and trying to out do one another like a playground squabble then it's worth it!

Just think, at least we have somewhere to play next season, and solid plans which are being carefully considered, for when we do want to move.

It's here now

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/display...;pNodeId=145803

It's seems they want a final friendly to say goodbye to the Mem. Nice sentiment but if it was my club I'd rather get on with it and get it over with. The uncertanty has been overshadowing their season for too long now.

Say one thing for the Gasheads, they certainly are more patient than us!

I personally think that if they ever did leave they won't be back, something will happen and the land used for housebuilding. I think if things were so bad like that here I'd want to develop the ground stand by stand and not move out at all, it may take 3 ties as long but I wouldn't want to risk leaving altogether.

I expect they knew with us moving forward and our gates increasing that it would not be feasible moving out of Bristol. They would lose thousands of fans not to mention new ones. They would rather watch a team in Bristol than one that played in Cheltenham or Swindon. How could they afford it? How much is their stadium going to cost and can they really afford it? Theyve only just managed to sustain their league 1 status, had a good cup run and made some money out of that. I heard that has already been spent on planning for the new stadium. They are doing the right thing staying put as at least they should keep their own supporters happy until they can make concrete plans for the future.

Rovers are hoping to stage two high-profile pre-season friendlies at the Memorial Stadium this summer. "Redevelopment of the Mem is due to begin in the summer but the club plan to host a couple of friendly games before we move."

"It would be very difficult to host a big summer game at a temporary home, so it makes sense to use the facilities at the Memorial Stadium while they still exist."

So not just buying time with some random excuse, then.

I see.

Rovers are hoping to stage two high-profile pre-season friendlies at the Memorial Stadium this summer. "Redevelopment of the Mem is due to begin in the summer but the club plan to host a couple of friendly games before we move."

"It would be very difficult to host a big summer game at a temporary home, so it makes sense to use the facilities at the Memorial Stadium while they still exist."

So not just buying time with some random excuse, then.

I see.

Exactly!

I can't wait to see who they have lined up as it must surely be one of the 'biggies' to ensure a good gate and to make their fans ever so glad the move, and the future of the club, is again delayed.

Maybe it's us!!! :tongue:

Exactly!

I can't wait to see who they have lined up as it must surely be one of the 'biggies' to ensure a good gate and to make their fans ever so glad the move, and the future of the club, is again delayed.

Maybe it's us!!! :tongue:

Yes, and if it was their last game at the Mem, we would quite happily lend a hand at getting the demolition under way. :closedeyes:

They have no intention of moving but can't find the courage to tell their fans they've been mislead.

Isn't this the third time it's been delayed - If I was the Cheltenham or Swindon chairman I'd take a leaf out of Steve Lansdown's book and tell them to eff off

timewasters

CR

And their fans actually believe that this is the reason they're staying at the Mem for longer?

I thought most of their fans felt no real attachment to that sh&t hole anyway?

They need to find someone that's actually interested in building the new stadium before they move out.

I laughed when i saw what Trollope said,He said: "It will be good for us to play a couple of pre-season games in Bristol and we will be able to train at the ground in pre-season when there is some grass on it". :rofl2br: Grass. I thought you normally grew vegtables on a allotment.

What a load of b***ocks, Why am I not surprised at this latest announcement. How is this club surviving with what will now be two seasons worth of poor season ticket sales.

Guest MaloneFM

A high profile friendly. Before the European Championships.

Mystic Rog says...I see a team....in red....I also see lots of plod...like last time....I see plod with video cameras and a word.....its coming.....nicked!

The final game at the rugby ground will be against the newest side in the Premier League and play off winners......

Guest MaloneFM

They need a big side to shut the place and sell the place out in equal measure. And after the hiding our reserves gace them tonight they will be straning their small minds looking of revenge.

Its down to either play us or stick a piece of paper with 'Lansdown pants down' written on it through the letter box of Hargreaves Lansdown.

Then run away.

I'm looking forward to the headline in August:

BREAKING NEWS

Bristol Rovers' plans to move out of the Memorial Stadium have been thrown into doubt by the shock announcement that Paul Trollope has lost his best pair of shoes.

In a club statement, the North Bristol club announced, "The regeneration of the stadium is progressing according to plan. However, Paul Trollope has, unfortunately, mislaid his black leather shoes he keeps for best. It seems silly to begin work on the stadium until we locate the shoes, so in the meantime we will continue to play our home games at the Memorial Stadium."

"They were a gift from his mother-in-law, and the last thing we, as a club, want to do is send in the diggers when his shoes could well be within one of the stands. We'll continue the search, but fans should understand that the stadium is quite big and, by comparison, the shoes are quite small. So we really can't hang a timescale on the extent of this latest unfortunate delay."

The shoes, believed to be a size 9 brogue, were last used for the play off final last May, and suggestions that Bristol Rovers are just coming out with any old shite to explain away the continued delay of the redevelopment work have been strongly ignored by the club.

Archived