IGNORED

City V Gas

PhatWill

Was at the reserve game last night and noticed that Team Lansdown spent a good 20-25 minutes (at half time and during the second half) under the Director's box with Paul Trollope, Montgomery Burns (Lenny) and another unknown representative from the gas.

Now I'm putting 2 and 2 together here but yesterday the announcement was made that the gas would play two 'high profile' pre-season friendlies to say goodbye to their beloved rugby ground. The decision to do this was based on the reason that the Mem has a bigger capacity than any stadium they'd be moving to (it'll be Cheltenham) and so they'd be able to maximise attendance/revenue.

Now realistically the only friendly games that the gas would get large (over 6,000!) crowds for would be against Premier League clubs and the big club south of the river that they all talk about so much...so, when you consider the likelihood of them arranging a pre-season friendly against a Premier League club (let alone two) then I would hazard a guess that the other one will be us...

Given the fractured relationship between the two clubs at the moment (fans derby, FA Cup regs last season) it would make sense for Lansdown and gas representatives to be ironing over any issues...although you suspect it was mostly the gas begging us for a game.

Guest ashtonyate
Was at the reserve game last night and noticed that Team Lansdown spent a good 20-25 minutes (at half time and during the second half) under the Director's box with Paul Trollope, Montgomery Burns (Lenny) and another unknown representative from the gas.

Now I'm putting 2 and 2 together here but yesterday the announcement was made that the gas would play two 'high profile' pre-season friendlies to say goodbye to their beloved rugby ground. The decision to do this was based on the reason that the Mem has a bigger capacity than any stadium they'd be moving to (it'll be Cheltenham) and so they'd be able to maximise attendance/revenue.

Now realistically the only friendly games that the gas would get large (over 6,000!) crowds for would be against Premier League clubs and the big club south of the river that they all talk about so much...so, when you consider the likelihood of them arranging a pre-season friendly against a Premier League club (let alone two) then I would hazard a guess that the other one will be us...

Given the fractured relationship between the two clubs at the moment (fans derby, FA Cup regs last season) it would make sense for Lansdown and gas representatives to be ironing over any issues...although you suspect it was mostly the gas begging us for a game.

Or prehapps sence has provailed and we are going to let them play at Ashton whilst the Gas rebuild there ground??

According to todays evening post they are playing italian clubs

Or prehapps sence has provailed and we are going to let them play at Ashton whilst the Gas rebuild there ground??

I don't normally reply to many of your posts mate, not that I disagree with them all, (although most of them), the statement you have made just beggars belief, tell me why we should help that bunch of sags in any shape or form, I haven't forgetten them for their actions in 1982

I don't normally reply to many of your posts mate, not that I disagree with them all, (although most of them), the statement you have made just beggars belief, tell me why we should help that bunch of sags in any shape or form, I haven't forgetten them for their actions in 1982

What happened in 1982? It was before my time so I don't know.

What happened in 1982? It was before my time so I don't know.

When the City nearly folded in 1982 ( Ashton Gate 8) they sneakily tried to get the ground, underhanded little g***s,

that's why in my opinion we should bever help that club out when it comes to sharing our ground, I'm sure someone else will elaborate further for you Bas.

When the City nearly folded in 1982 ( Ashton Gate 8) they sneakily tried to get the ground, underhanded little g***s,

that's why in my opinion we should bever help that club out when it comes to sharing our ground, I'm sure someone else will elaborate further for you Bas.

They were happy to watch us die a death basically. Their actions did everything to put another nail in the coffin.

Let 'em rot.

Whoever they decide to play there is not much mileage in us going up to Whorefield to get kicked all over a pitch that you would be embarrassed to call an allotment. It is hardly preparation for a tough season in the Championship or, dare I say it, Premier League. What the hell these "top Italian" clubs (or their Under 18's / Reserves) will make of it is anyone's guess.

Guest MaloneFM

Who in their right mind would go from Italy all the way over to Muller road? Probably not Juventus.

Someone dig out yesterdays thread about the pie in the skystad and you'll see that your uncle (voice of sport) was predicting another pointless derby. Ignore Snothausen and the Evil Post. Its just a smokescreen.

The last pointless derby, which we won 1-0, was just before the World Cup in Germany and Mr Plod was playing with his camcorders all over the place and collaring everyone with a football banning order.

This will be in a similar vein. Big crowd, camcorders, banning orders.

Going to Switzerland are we sir? Not bloody likely!

Who in their right mind would go from Italy all the way over to Muller road? Probably not Juventus.

Let's not lose sight of what is actually a big fixture for these inbreds.

If they get the mightly Yeovil and Forest Green in a double header they are going to be happy. They'll probably lay on a decent spread for the fans as well. (chicken legs, sarnies, vol-o-vons etc).

Tremendous quote...........

LET UMME ROT :fingerscrossed:

Totaly agree hopefully by the time they come to being in there new stadium they will be on there knees , Swindon, Yeovil wherever they go there going to lose loads of money there struggling to get five thousand in Bristol. One good thing nice ground for the rugby club deserve it after having the mem stolen of them.

Archived