IGNORED

Sunday May 4th 2008

Dolman Block B

Ok you lot. These forum members battles seem to be going the full hog in the past few weeks. :bruce_h4h:

My feeling on it all is that the stress has got to all of us. After what seemed a probable chance of promotion, we now face a very possible chance of a playoff position, a position that if i offered back in August 2007 ,you would have snapped my hand off, or would have been looking for a "extra large" white coat for my torso :innocent06:

So the post. On May 4th our season ends. If the likely outcome is, as most of us expect, a playoff place, then it should be celebrated in fine style.

We have a bank holiday weekend, where most have the monday off. I know most of my friends will pub crawl it into the city centre, where a "proper" celebration can be had. I know "Tin" and his mates on here, will be joining the exodous of hundreds and hundreds of City fans doing the same thing.

If your not, stay around the locals, have a good ald sing song and enjoy every moment this season has given us.

Remember, there is a bloody good chance that if we don't gain promotion, a tough season could be upon us next year. Saying that, it may turn out to be even a better one.

So chill the lot of you. 2 games to go and as exciting as it was in game No 1 !!!!!!

To all of you, "NO DAMP SQUID,s" please.....Arn.

Hey I will be celebrating Arn! Have a friend down for the weekend so will be having a few beers before and after the game. Whatever happens happens now. Weve had an unbelievable season and I'm going to make the most of the long weekend!! I'm sure Arn you will be celebrating your birthday with a smile on your face after we seal our play-off place :)

Hey I will be celebrating Arn! Have a friend down for the weekend so will be having a few beers before and after the game. Whatever happens happens now. Weve had an unbelievable season and I'm going to make the most of the long weekend!! I'm sure Arn you will be celebrating your birthday with a smile on your face after we seal our play-off place :)

Not sure about the smile, but "ohh yes" i will be celebrating Lisa :englandsmile4wf:

Whatever will be will be, as you said Arny most City fans would have laughed in the face of anyone who said we would be here where we are now in the table at the beginning of the season.

Whatever happens in the next couple of weeks, no one can say it wasnt exciting.

Ok you lot. These forum members battles seem to be going the full hog in the past few weeks. :bruce_h4h:

My feeling on it all is that the stress has got to all of us. After what seemed a probable chance of promotion, we now face a very possible chance of a playoff position, a position that if i offered back in August 2007 ,you would have snapped my hand off, or would have been looking for a "extra large" white coat for my torso :innocent06:

So the post. On May 4th our season ends. If the likely outcome is, as most of us expect, a playoff place, then it should be celebrated in fine style.

We have a bank holiday weekend, where most have the monday off. I know most of my friends will pub crawl it into the city centre, where a "proper" celebration can be had. I know "Tin" and his mates on here, will be joining the exodous of hundreds and hundreds of City fans doing the same thing.

If your not, stay around the locals, have a good ald sing song and enjoy every moment this season has given us.

Remember, there is a bloody good chance that if we don't gain promotion, a tough season could be upon us next year. Saying that, it may turn out to be even a better one.

So chill the lot of you. 2 games to go and as exciting as it was in game No 1 !!!!!!

I'm getting the train up for a day on the cider.

a pub crawl back to temple meads

Yep, we'll be on a crawl as well.

Staying from Friday to Monday and intending to have a good time whatever the result and celebrate our playoff place or even the lowest we can finish - 8th.

Bloody great season and I've enjoyed it.

Ian, would like to buy you a beer mate. Meet me in the BS3 at 12 o,clock...Arn

Sorry got an OCD about these sort of things... Squibs not Squids matey :P Un damp squids are usually dead...

Squibs were originally made from parchment tubes, or the shaft of a feather filled with fine black powder and sealed at the ends with wax. These were inserted into the touch holes of a cannon and used to ignite the main propellant charge.[5]

Squibs were first used to simulate bullet impacts in the 1957 film "Run of the Arrow", where for the first time audiences were subjected to a realistic representation of a bullet impacting on an on-camera human being, complete with blood spatter.[4]

[edit] Origin of the phrase "damp squib"

Being an explosive, cheaper uninsulated squibs need to be kept dry in order to ignite, so a "damp squib" is literally one that fails to ignite because it got wet. The phrase "damp squib" has since come into general use to mean anything that fails to meet expectations.[6] The word "squib" has come to take on a similar meaning even when used alone, sometimes referring to a firecracker that fails to fully explode,[7] or a bullet that fails to leave the gun barrel (similar in meaning to the word "dud").

sorry..

Behave you 2. You will give the forum a bad name.

Go to; www.ineedashag.co.uk

I'm off :noexpression:

OK Arn I`ll buy you one to; cause make no mistake I`ll be there, with or without a ticket :drunk2:

To all of you, "NO DAMP SQUID,s" please.....Arn.

Till the last game regardless of position or pray-offs but ...... I can't say I really feel chilled

I'll save the real what if's until then..... but

Sorry got an OCD about these sort of things... Squibs not Squids matey :P Un damp squids are usually dead...

Squibs were originally made from parchment tubes, or the shaft of a feather filled with fine black powder and sealed at the ends with wax. These were inserted into the touch holes of a cannon and used to ignite the main propellant charge.[5]

Squibs were first used to simulate bullet impacts in the 1957 film "Run of the Arrow", where for the first time audiences were subjected to a realistic representation of a bullet impacting on an on-camera human being, complete with blood spatter.[4]

[edit] Origin of the phrase "damp squib"

Being an explosive, cheaper uninsulated squibs need to be kept dry in order to ignite, so a "damp squib" is literally one that fails to ignite because it got wet. The phrase "damp squib" has since come into general use to mean anything that fails to meet expectations.[6] The word "squib" has come to take on a similar meaning even when used alone, sometimes referring to a firecracker that fails to fully explode,[7] or a bullet that fails to leave the gun barrel (similar in meaning to the word "dud").

sorry..

ha ha. I really worry how it took so long for someone to point this one out. :rofl2br:

Nice one, Arn! :P

Archived