IGNORED

Was It A Truly Great Red & White Night?

cheshire_red

didn't quite get the response we know is possible in terms of red and white.

Not enough people knew about the day- as you said- only really internet users. There are various reasons why certain opportunities were missed- but ideally it would have been organised so that a message was given out at the QPR game about it, it was advertised in the QPR matchday programme, covered in Evening Post and more flyers done.

BUT the Evening Post don't see it as a story to run on their back page anymore. But they did do a great write up in the Green 'Un on Sunday. The programme did a superb piece today and the website advertised it nicely last week- flyers were also handed out with the the help of some internet users.

I would have loved to have done more flyers for previous away games but not enough people came forward to print them off- some did and those that did handed out many many flyers at Swindon- which is great.

But it is hard to get the message out there to people. Out of 17,000 fans there today- only 12,000 odd are 'regular'. And how many of those happen to read the Green Un or website I don't know.

THAT said- anyone who was looking at the Atyeo when the teams came out at twenty to eight would have seen many many fans in red and the air filled with tickertape- it looked superb.

In terms of noise the response couldn't have been better- superb volume from the City fans throughout. Compare tonight's game vs Plymouth to last season's embarrasment when their away fans sang throughout and there was barely a noise from the home end (which was sold out that night too!) and I think you'll find the difference easy to spot.

It is hard to get things going- about 5 people helped with flyers and 3 people turned up today to help out. It is very generous help and those people worked very hard today. It wasn't great fun. But obviously with so few in numbers what we can do is limited.

Money, too, is important. The costs of red card, fireworks, balloons and helium is a lot. With finances as they are now- some may not regard it as wise use of the club's money. I believe it is- but you can see the problem. The club helped us enormously to promote tonight and provided the big beach balls.

At the end of the day Red and White Night is intended to provide a superb atmosphere, in a trouble free environment to roar on the City players to victory.

All three objectives were achieved today and I'm sure that the superb noise 2nd half from City fans helped keep the team going right until the end. Even when the ball wasn't going in- the fans were still firmly behind the team and they in turn kept believing.

4 Red and White Nights. 4 great atmospheres. 4 wins.

IF we can REALLY get people to back Red and White Night with actions as well as words- then I'm sure we can do a 5th one next season better than all previous ones.

It would mean dozens of you coming forward to help print flyers, dozens of you agreeing to help out on the day, and maybe even some people agreeing to help out the day after to clear any mess in the stadium that we cause.

It may even need some forum members to dip into their pockets or help find sponsorship or whatever to buy certain things.

But hey, if EVERYONE was to get behind this- then I am really positive that any future Red and White Night could be miles better than anything we've had before.

Finally- massive mention to Russ Red (Russ Macey), Katy Macey and Peanut (Matt Oldfield) who gave up almost all of their day to help out with Red and White Night 4.

That is not forgetting- Tess, Lord of the Bling, cider red, Pete Martin and Granty who helped prior to the event. And Rich Gould, Adam Baker, Ed Furniss, Simon Parkinson and Geoff Twentyman for organisation and promotion.

I have been to all the R&W nights so far held, and whilst last night didn't rate as the best in terms of red and white it certainly got there in terms of noise and result :baa:

We should definitely keep it going but maybe need to designate it earlier in the season - more time to plan? :ph34r:

I think the points Percy makes about organisation, cost etc are perfectly valid and need thinking about for next time.

Percy you did a brilliant job, don't give up whatever you do.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

Compare tonight's game vs Plymouth to last season's embarrasment when their away fans sang throughout and there was barely a noise from the home end (which was sold out that night too!) and I think you'll find the difference easy to spot.
I was there and it was an embaressment,this year we had the E.E

Red and white were i was was very patchy,out of the 5 i was with ,i was the only one in colours.

I was there and it was an embaressment,this year we had the E.E

Red and white were i was was very patchy,out of the 5 i was with ,i was the only one in colours.

serious request- can you ask your friends why they weren't? and let me know.

I don't mind. People can wear what they want- but I would like to know-

1. Did they not know about it?

2. Did they forget about it?

3. Did they simply not want to wear red?

4. Did they hear about it but not pay too much attention to it?

would be interesting and help for future

please reply or PM me.

thanks

(that goes for anyone who was with mates not in colours)

Archived