IGNORED

Midfield Today....

Komazawa

What a difference from recent weeks. Ever since Jonno got injured we've struggled to find our best midfield line-up. We've played several different players in different positions (Murray / Sproule / Wilson on right for example or Skuse / Noble / Carle in the middle). There's been a lot of chopping and changing in an attempt to find a combination that worked.

But finally today it looks like they've come across a midfield that worked very very well. Carle was superb in the middle of the park. Noble did very well. And Trundle linked in with the two of them beautifully.

Very encouraging signs from the boys today, and on that performance we should fear no-one in the playoffs.

UP THE CITY!!

What a difference from recent weeks. Ever since Jonno got injured we've struggled to find our best midfield line-up. We've played several different players in different positions (Murray / Sproule / Wilson on right for example or Skuse / Noble / Carle in the middle). There's been a lot of chopping and changing in an attempt to find a combination that worked.

But finally today it looks like they've come across a midfield that worked very very well. Carle was superb in the middle of the park. Noble did very well. And Trundle linked in with the two of them beautifully.

Very encouraging signs from the boys today, and on that performance we should fear no-one in the playoffs.

UP THE CITY!!

Our best display for some time charged down well, and played lots of decent football...... Carle, Noble and Trundle were great today!

Nicky and nobes seem to have a great understanding and they made runs off each other all game, trunds was fantastic and dele showed me the reason i hate us playing it long to him, he is a footballer not a target!

nice to see enoch come on aswell, he did well closing things down and his effort was as ever impecable

not sure were LJ goes into a midfield that single handedly dominated a team that cost over 10million to assemble, but as a top manager you have to make top decisions don't you?

superb performance and one that stunned me, i have never felt so happy after a game were my team have been defeated

u redz

Can anyone tell me how the midfield lined up?!?!

I've been banging on about a diamond formation for a month and if we used it today (sounds plausible from the line up) Its no suprise we played well.

It means there is ALWAYS a player free for a pass. Simple but effective.

we pretty much played with all 4 of the midfielders pushing foward as it is what they naturally do, obviously marvins role was to mop things up behing the three attacking players more of a triangle than a diamond imo

=================elliot=================

====noble=========carle=========mccindoe===

=========trunds=========dele=============was how i saw it, i suppose it could be taken as a diamond but the wingers came inside alot considering noble played wide right it was expected and it worked

u redz

An importent thread.

We had our ball players across the midfield offerring us more going forward. Noble was kept on for the full match, Carle showed his best, playing in his correct position and alongside our better skilled footballers. Trundle gave a solid performance and GJ said we have our "Team" back.

GJ has tried plenty of combinations, but this one showed the play offs can be won.

LJ is an excellant link player who gives a good 90 minute worth every week. Carle or Noble are a different option and imo offer more going forward. Cheshire Red has an excellant report from a Sheffield Utd site. The bottom line of it was Carle and Elliot controlled the midfield, winning most of the loose balls. This prevented the Blades exposing Carey and McCombe to their quicker talented forward line.

The combinations going forward must surely give GJ food for thought, not only about the upcoming play offs, but contracts for next season.

Noble, Carle, McIndoe - all good ball players. Passers who can control the ball and are comfortable with a short pass. Add Trunds and we looked a real handfull. Don't forget Dele - I thought he had a great game. Won the penalty and whenever we did play a longer ball held it up really well and brought our new midfield into the game.

I wasn't at the game, but without being too purist about it, I'd like to think our club is known as a 'footballing club', playing the ball predominantly on the ground and mixing a range of passes for an expansive and attacking, attractive style of football.

On that basis, yesterday's line-up was ideally suited to playing the beautiful game in imo, the right manner.

We have some tremendously gifted players and GJ gave them license to show just that.

Long may it continue!!

It made a difference that Carle had a really good game too. He's been a bit ineffective in some other matches, but he was amazing yesterday. I hope that does his confidence good, because you can see he's got bags of talent, if he's brave enough to use it.

And i also think it made a huge difference to the midfield to have Trundle ahead of them. It just meant fewer hopeful high-balls and more passing football. Even when we did pump it up there, Trunds was bringing it down on his chest and playing it to feet again - class !

it's always been the case where the player just needs time to settle into the team, style of football and adjust to life in this country,

firmly believe that he will be an key player next season, regardless of what divsion we are in

Archived