IGNORED

Nearly Forgot

RedTauntonian

Had a plymouth fan sat near me tonight, we had suspicions that he was, and when we scored you could tell, he just slumped back in his seat, he then remembered he was in the wrong end and stood up! But it was to late! word spread he was a plymuff fan, and then.... well he was gone!

I think it is wrong in a way that he away fans should be kicked out in the home end. I always remember when we played Millwall on the friday night and we had 5 millwall fans infront of us and they were a good laugh and we joked with them etc. I don't mean that we should have loads of them invading the home end but what harm is one or two going to do? after all we only gave them 2,250 tickets, I'd expected there to be a few plyouth fans with us.

• Admin
I think it is wrong in a way that he away fans should be kicked out in the home end. I always remember when we played Millwall on the friday night and we had 5 millwall fans infront of us and they were a good laugh and we joked with them etc. I don't mean that we should have loads of them invading the home end but what harm is one or two going to do? after all we only gave them 2,250 tickets, I'd expected there to be a few plyouth fans with us.
That's what we were told anyway. In reality they probably got more tickets as we alledgedly gave QPR the same (2250) yet today's programme states there was 2341 QPR fans last week.

At half time noticed some "lads" not fitting in with the rest of the crowd dont know what it was but they just didnt look like city.

As the second half started one of them sat next to me, at this point I wasn,t completely sure if he was an inbred...but when we scored he just sat there smug as you like....so I did the right thing and alerted the stewards as I did against QPR, afterall the club had said that they would not tolerate away fans in the Williams. The stewards did not want to know.

I think the smug fool is sitting in plymouth with a sore mouth as for his mates the last I saw of them was there backs as they legged it out of the williams.

City sort it out, if we get promoted this will happen week in week out WE MUST BE STRICTER ON WHO WE SELL TICKETS TO AND SORT OUT THE STEWARDS. WHEN I ASKED THE STEWRD WHERE MY SEAT WAS HE DIDN'T HAVE A DANNY......."NOT SURE MATE, MY HEADS IN A PICKLE". what >

I was working on the turnstiles and a gashead came through wearing a rovers jacket...and tony adams did aswell!

I came and sat in the Williams at HT with my mate who is a Swindle fan so we could've been the inbreds you were talking about as we just sat there when you scored!

I sat in the Williams for the QPR game, 100% convinced that the two guys next to me were QPR fans.

But, no problem, they didn't look like "trouble-makers" and were very pleasant, and we had a good laugh.

Didn't ask them if they were QPR or not, wasn't too worried about it - if they come to watch the game and have a good night - no problem.

I was working on the turnstiles and a gashead came through wearing a rovers jacket...and tony adams did aswell!

I came and sat in the Williams at HT with my mate who is a Swindle fan so we could've been the inbreds you were talking about as we just sat there when you scored!

Just out of interest what was your take on the game, the atmosphere etc?

Guest Ciderhead Reynolds

i sat in the swindon end at County Ground and also made the same mistake of not standing up when they scored , but was quite relived to see at least another 50 cider heads in the swindon end who jumped up with me when robbo scored....

Just out of interest what was your take on the game, the atmosphere etc?

Well I only saw the second half, but City fully deserved the 3 pts from what I saw.

I was hoping you wouldn't get 'em but you cant knock a performance like that!

The atmosphere on the whole was pretty good. Sounded quite quiet from outside in the first half, but ceratinly went up a notch or two in the second. Was dissapointed with the noise from the EE, the atyeo was much louder....only when it got going though.

Plus you could tell you had the fairweathers in because 'c'mon you reds' was by far the loudest, hence it's an easy song which everyone knows.

But saying this I would expect the Atmosphere to be great, afterall your on the brink of div1 and playing top of the league in a sell out! (when I have been before it has been nothing like that, supported by the fact that a few on here are saying it was the best since you played us those years ago.)

Yes so I was quite impressed with the team and the fans(although I was surrounded by moaning glory hunters), still didn't enjoy a second of it though!

As long as they come for the football (as most do/would) and nothing else, then  I don't see what the problem is.

Agreed.

Except in such a highly charged match, what if Plymouth had scored the vital goal 5 minutes from time?

At that moment of utter despair would you have happily accepted Plymouth fans celebrating next to you?

Many wouldn't and that's why it is right that it was all-ticket with strict segregation, and correct also that any overt Plymouth fans in home stands should be ejected.

I remember playing Crystal Palace in Div 1 a few seasons ago, had a CP fan sat in front of me in the A block in the dolman right down the bottom of the block, it was obvious he was a CP fan because A) he was wearing a CP shirt B) he was wearing a CP scarf C) He was wearing a CP hat! I couldent believe it when i saw it! He got chucked out a few mins before kick off when a steward finally realised he was a CP fan, not that it was obvious or anything! :laugh:

Archived