IGNORED

Friendship Cup

fka dagest

I guess some older fans will probably answer this for me, but I was looking through some programmes from the 60s and learned about the Friendship Cup contested 'annually' between us and Hanover 96.

Did they play many games? When did they end?

Would such a thing be worth revisiting?

Guest MaloneFM

I remember the Freindship cup. It sort of came out of nowhere to mark the twinning between us and them. Although I much rather we had Berlin-better beer, decent quality of filt, you know, the usual reasons.

As I remember the games were played pre season, or was it a wednesday night? Anyway as we were still deeply suspcious of both hun and frog they weren't too well attended and I think we played it twice.

Its not even in the record books how we got on. And that includes both games in the Watney cup.

Other games not included are Radio Bristol v Radio 1, City v various showbiz elevens, City v Young England the floodlit cricket matches and I think one basball game.

I remember the Freindship cup. It sort of came out of nowhere to mark the twinning between us and them. Although I much rather we had Berlin-better beer, decent quality of filt, you know, the usual reasons.

As I remember the games were played pre season, or was it a wednesday night? Anyway as we were still deeply suspcious of both hun and frog they weren't too well attended and I think we played it twice.

Its not even in the record books how we got on. And that includes both games in the Watney cup.

Other games not included are Radio Bristol v Radio 1, City v various showbiz elevens, City v Young England the floodlit cricket matches and I think one basball game.

Why thank you Malone, you much admired stalwart of the City scene. One game was played in Nov 16 1966.

You know, it's a damn shame about the poor attendance - a real slap in the face for friendship.

And what price can you put on that? hmm? hmm?

Archived