IGNORED

Leftfield Magic

stortfordred

So when was the last time a City side (or indeed any squad) had eight left-footed players in the 15 man squad?

McAllister, Carle, McIndoe, Trundle, Adebola, Showunmi, Fontaine and Weale. This is an incredible ratio. I can't think of a team with more.

Anyone do better?

Oh and you're not allowed Celtic pre 1990 because I know they all had to be left-footers :innocent06:

So when was the last time a City side (or indeed any squad) had eight left-footed players in the 15 man squad?

McAllister, Carle, McIndoe, Trundle, Adebola, Showunmi, Fontaine and Weale. This is an incredible ratio. I can't think of a team with more.

Anyone do better?

Oh and you're not allowed Celtic pre 1990 because I know they all had to be left-footers :innocent06:

Its just a shame that these players can ONLY use their left foot....

If we have this many left footers at the club, why can nobody stay on the wing (giving us width) and cross the bloody ball.

Actually, we tend to get plenty of crosses from the left-hand side, I thought it's the right-hand side we''ve having crossing problems with!

Sproule won't go past his man and get to the byline then cross; Wilson always cuts inside; Orr tends to overhit his crosses by miles; and Murray, when he plays, never seems to get the ball out there on the wing very much anymore.

At least on the left we do have two good crossers in McAllister and McIndoe.

Maybe we need some Mc's on the right, too.....?

I have to put my episcopal mitre on here and point out that, while I smiled at the gag, Celtic have NEVER had a policy of only signing

Catholics - indeed, their finest hour, when they became the first British club to lift the European Cup (with a team consisting entirely of players born within 30 miles of the ground ! ), came under the stewardship of Protestant manager Jock Stein. Its the bluenoses on the other side of Glasgae who had a strict no Catholics policy, right up until Graham Souness signed Mo Johnston.

A nation once again, a nation once again ...

Archived