IGNORED

City V Notts Forest 1989

42 trumpton

I know its our bravest hour over the next 3 weeks. But does anyone have a copy of our 1st or 2nd leg games aginst the once mighty forest. littlewoods cup semi final 1989.

remember paul mardon scoring for us up there and poor old john pender scoring the own goal in the first leg, then coming back to the gate and alan walsh hitting the post on 90 min? only for gary parker to score the winner in extra time?

would love a copy betamax, vhs or dvd. :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :clap:

I know its our bravest hour over the next 3 weeks. But does anyone have a copy of our 1st or 2nd leg games aginst the once mighty forest. littlewoods cup semi final 1989.

remember paul mardon scoring for us up there and poor old john pender scoring the own goal in the first leg, then coming back to the gate and alan walsh hitting the post on 90 min? only for gary parker to score the winner in extra time?

The 2nd leg is on youtube somewhere

sorry cant help with copy but remember it well pouring with rain ,marching band bass drummer collapsing on pitch city playing their hearts out ,silly inflatable "jaws" jordan teeth, so near yet so far.

yeah i got the replay or 2nd leg at ashton gate on video (full 90 mins) walshy hitting the post.

cuts out half way through extra time i think.....

yeah i got the replay or 2nd leg at ashton gate on video (full 90 mins) walshy hitting the post.

cuts out half way through extra time i think.....

Ah now there's some nostalgia fellas!

I was 12, came down with a shocking cold and flu the night before and remember my mother saying "You know maybe you shouldn't go tomorrow, the weather down there is going to be awful"

Come wind, rain, hail or freezing temperatures I was there. Is the first really big game I can recall attending to be honest. We were pretty mediocre that year too.

I'm not sure if its the same year but in the league we went on this run where everyone beat us, particularly remember Wigan beating us 1-0 with a screamer from a fella called Tankard.

What a day the Forest game was!

We had an old man playing on his own up front and Keith performing miracles at the back!!!

Feels like a life time away - proper English football that. Plus a "proper" Forest side.

Archived