IGNORED

Laid Some Ghosts And Whats Required

Port Said Red

I think the thing that pleased me most last night as with the QPR game was the passion and willing that the team showed.

I said before that the "bottlers" tag is an easy one to apply when the team slips up and I would have thought that the last couple of home performances (didn't see the Swindle game) must have laid that particular ghost completely. If we fail to go up automatically now, the reason wont be a lack of belief or bottle.

I thought there were many plusses last night, Peacock repaying the faith of DW (and a few others) a complete centreforwards display. Matty Hill playing himself back into form, Wilkshire looking increasingly like a quality player and Mickey Bell rolling back the years on the left. I also think that Tony Butler has really come back to something like the form of last year, and the rest of the defence look surer for it.

Scott Murray going off looked like a blow although he wasn't doing too well and he looks overtrained to me (more muscular, less explosive), but Tony Rougier was a revelation. I had my reservations to start with and had actually turned to Tompo and said how disinterested he looked! The next thing he starts running rings around both the left back and left midfielder, great stuff. He also showed his experience by holding the ball up in the last few minutes.

Finally, I will not be panicking if we only get a draw on Saturday, looking at the run-ins of the two teams I honestly think that 8 points may get us up, 10 will definitely do it. A penalty or two wouldn't go amiss either although I for one, have stopped bothering to appeal for them. :@

Archived