IGNORED

Underdogs

Eddie Hitler

Well, as we've been written off by everybody all season why should they start rating us now?

William Hill:

C Palace 2/1

Hull 11/5

Watford 11/4

Bristol City 19/5

They can shove their odds where the sun don't shine. Team spirit got us fourth.

Don't see why we are longer odds than Watford? Especially as we have second leg home advantage.

I don't really 'get' odds, I understand 2-1 is more likely than 3-1 for example but when it gets to all this stuff I'm lost. Does it mean we are the least likely to go up according to the bookies?

Who cares if no one gives us a chance, I'd prefer it like that as we seem to do better when no one expects us to.

Well, as we've been written off by everybody all season why should they start rating us now?

William Hill:

C Palace 2/1

Hull 11/5

Watford 11/4

Bristol City 19/5

They can shove their odds where the sun don't shine. Team spirit got us fourth.

Surely everybody's missing the point. 19/5 is bloody good odds- get on to it !!! Not only will you have the satisfaction of proving the b**stards wrong, you'll make money as well.

Odds are simple, the more who bet on a particular runner the lesser the odds. Bookies will start out with their own odds but thereafter they decrease or increase depending on the number of backers.

Accrington Stanley v Bury on Saturday, over £200k bet on the match, nigh on 100% on a Bury victory. This amount was over 3 times the amount bet on any other game in league 2 and between 2 clubs with nowt to play for, and both small clubs even for league 2.

Referee and Assistants were swapped late on Friday night. Bury won.

Odds are simple, the more who bet on a particular runner the lesser the odds. Bookies will start out with their own odds but thereafter they decrease or increase depending on the number of backers.

Accrington Stanley v Bury on Saturday, over £200k bet on the match, nigh on 100% on a Bury victory. This amount was over 3 times the amount bet on any other game in league 2 and between 2 clubs with nowt to play for, and both small clubs even for league 2.

Referee and Assistants were swapped late on Friday night. Bury won.

Indeed, and surely this is where our continuing under-dog status will work in favour of the punter backing Bristol City.

Archived