IGNORED

Matty Hill

bucksred

Top player. shame he wouldnt stop with City, his class shone through today, and a well deserved ovation given to the fella.

IMHO our best Academy player to date. miles ahead of the rest. what a shame we couldnt hang to ya

Top player. shame he wouldnt stop with City, his class shone through today, and a well deserved ovation given to the fella.

IMHO our best Academy player to date. miles ahead of the rest. what a shame we couldnt hang to ya

Err.. have you heard of a lad called Louis Carey?

Agree that Matty is a top bloke and would welcome him back.

Louis carey & matty hill came through the ranks, but did'nt come through the academy. the academy came after their youth careers

but matty hill was always a top defender and his distribution has improved - would love to see him back.

Err.. have you heard of a lad called Louis Carey?

Agree that Matty is a top bloke and would welcome him back.

Agreed. Matty is just a fkn great player, and top bloke. Louis has got better with age, just like a good single malt. They two would be a great team in defence

but matty hill was always a top defender and his distribution has improved - would love to see him back.

I was a bit worried about the 2nd half sitting in the lower dolman. I remember Matty used to regularly pepper the crowd, not just with "safety first" clearances, but often with genuine attempted passes. His distribution was always supsect when he was with us, that problem seems to have been sorted out.

I will never forget a goal he scored in the East End when he seemed to run through the entire length of the pitch, played a one-two with Tinman and cooly slotted the ball into the net.

A wholehearted player and seems a top bloke.

Guest ashtonyate
I was a bit worried about the 2nd half sitting in the lower dolman. I remember Matty used to regularly pepper the crowd, not just with "safety first" clearances, but often with genuine attempted passes. His distribution was always supsect when he was with us, that problem seems to have been sorted out.

I will never forget a goal he scored in the East End when he seemed to run through the entire length of the pitch, played a one-two with Tinman and cooly slotted the ball into the net.

A wholehearted player and seems a top bloke.

Is that praise of the Academy or an indictment of it, Lita not a full fledged Academy player but is better than Hill or Rosenior is better than Hill.

We have Skuse hovering on the edge of the first team and another got on to the bench. In all honesty the Academy is not producing the quality players it should be.

Questions needs to be asked are the players we take on not good enough or are they not getting the coaching they should to improve them.

I was watching a few weeks ago one of our teams had won a tournament in Holland wondering if any of them will make it.

Louis carey & matty hill came through the ranks, but did'nt come through the academy. the academy came after their youth careers

Matt Hill came through one of the first ranks of the academy. Well his last few years were part of the academy.

Hw also started out as a winger!!!

had the pleasure of meeting Matty Hill after the game. What a top bloke he was! Wished us luck in the play offs and he really meant that. Hes very settled up north with his 3 kids. All have strong manc accents! He respects the fans 4 their support. A genuinly nice guy.

Erm, was I watching a different game. I thought Matt Hill was shocking, his distrabution is shocking.

yes, as someone else said, you were watching a different game

he did ok today really, he's a good little battler and you know what your getting

i always loved the bloke when he was down here, always wore his heart on his sleeve

his clap off at the end was quality, you could tell how much it means to him. I;m mates with one of his mate (etc etc) and he still loves the club and reallt wants us to do well. At the end of the day, he left and played nearly every week for a preston team who has 2 play off campaigns

top top bloke and a model pro

I'd love to have him back but...

on the issue of his distribution, lets be realistic: he played 1 type of ball out of defence all game, the 7 iron loft up to the winger/striker. Never did he pass it. Although, playing for a better team, I'm sure he could.

I was teaching at Matt Hill's school some years back and the school team were playing a Cup game against, I think, St. George, and the team included Matt in defence and a certain Lewis Hogg in midfield. St. George were a pretty good team, but they were really up against it and Lewis, in particular, seemed to take on the whole opposition by himself.

I had some doubts then, about whether Matty Hill would make it as a pro, but it is fantastic to see him where he is now and a credit to his motivation and belief.

Good player and a top bloke.

I agree.......its always good to get a touch of the ball in ROW ZC of the Dolman. Brings back floods of memories of his inability to pass the ball along the line.

Was also good to see his signature crossing ability of passing it straight out of play.

Cheers Matty! Can honestly say I don't miss him at all.

LOVE IN over and lets move on.

I agree.......its always good to get a touch of the ball in ROW ZC of the Dolman. Brings back floods of memories of his inability to pass the ball along the line.

Was also good to see his signature crossing ability of passing it straight out of play.

Cheers Matty! Can honestly say I don't miss him at all.

LOVE IN over and lets move on.

thing is, despite his poor passing along the line on a couple of occasions, McAllister was doing exactly the same thing in the first half.

Jamie Mac is out of contract now after the play-offs and if he decides to move on, I can't think of a more able replacement.

Edited by bh_red