IGNORED

Championship Goals

CiderSomerset

I thought it was even worse than usual tonight. They usually ignore us, despite the fact that we have been in the top 6 all season. It's like there are only 5 top teams most of the time. West Brom and Watford have a god given right to be up there, they are after all, ex prem. I mean, come on. They, and Sheffield Utd and Southampton deserve to be in the top 6. They have the most money, the most experience, etc. We are Bristol City. We are dungaree wearing, grass chewing, combine harvester driving yokels. What the hell do we know about football?

All that was tongue in cheek, by the way.

That programme makes me want to throw things at the TV most of the time, and the fact that it was on at midnight after spending most of the evening drinking makes not throwing things all the more harder! We won 3-0. We played well. We confirmed 4th place in the play offs against some team called Palarse with some #### in charge. We scored 3 goals. Yes, THREE. Not two, as they showed, unlike relegated S****horpe and Colchester, who both scored 3, and had all 3 each shown.

I do not understand why we are so reviled by nationwide media. Are we so seriously unpopular that we don't deserve to have all 3 of our goals shown? Is this some kind of punishment for daring to actually play well and try and make the prem, make something of ourselves? Why is Bristol City in the play offs so easy to ignore when Hull who have done nothing (and no disrepect to them, I like Hull and want them to do well, but fail to see why they are apparently more newsworthy thatn us) more than us are making the headlines

The spirit of football appears to be truly dead. Celebrating the likes of Stoke making the Premier League, with their route one football and their diving, cheating players makes me sick, when teams such as ourselves, who play good football and are an honest team, are utterly ignored from August to May.

We play Palace live on Sky next Saturday. I can't afford both legs, so will be watching in the pub. I hope to Basso and my God, that they turn the volume down. I don't think I can sit and listen to 90 minutes of Warnock love and City slating.

We will do it, boys. We will beat Warnock and his time wasting cheats, and we will get to Wembley. And if we win and go up, we will force the English media to admit that we are not some "points gobbling combine harvester" but that we are Bristol City, pride of the West.

Archived