IGNORED

Who Is Scott Murray?

Rule The Waves

I don't care how many goals he scored last season, or the season before that. I honestly think that on the performance of Rougier last night and what I have seen of Murray since he came back, I think the pressure is now on Scotty to fight for his place.

I thought Rougier was absolutely immense last night. His strength on the ball was second to none and the ease with which he went through defenders was a joy to watch. Not only that, he was always back behind the ball ready to make the tackle and did not shirk any challenge, including one in front of the Williams when the Plymouth bloke went in with his boot up at Rougier's face.

I think that if he can continue with the form he displayed last night Scotty is going to have trouble finding his place in the team, and also that he should be offered a contract with us.

Absolutely awesome. :laugh::laugh:

Thank god for you!

Throughout the season it has been "Wilkshire is coming from the premiership". He was the new messiah and has not improved the team whatsoever.

Then came along Goodfellow who was hero-worshipped from the off. "Light-weight" I cried, "get a life Neo" they responded. He is a reserve player at best.

Then the prodigal son returned. And has done absolutely nowt and looks a shadow of the player who left us. I await the "give him time" and "what about QPR" shouts;. Time is what we haven't got and even Wilkshire can eventually make a key pass with enough minuttes on the pitch!

Rougier needs to start on Saturday even if Scotty is fit.

The hilarious thing with todays posts is the number of people that say "it's only 1 appearance so too early to judge".

It is his 2nd appearance and judging too early did not seem to apply to the aforementioned players did it? :laugh:

It was just one game that Rougier played on the right, and, though he did play very well it may have been a one off.

However.. if he continues to play like that Scotty will have quite strong competition to be getting in the team, which I think would be good for both him and Rougier and make them both better players.

I agree the he played well but we have only seen him play on the wing once. It was promising to see him play like that but seeing him play 1 good game doesnt mean he will play like that every game if he does i will b pleased but lets not get to excited untill we c him play a few more games. Well done rougier hope you can keep it up.

Guest Mr Snufflelufagus

The hilarious thing with todays posts is the number of people that say "it's only 1 appearance so too early to judge".

It is his 2nd appearance and judging too early did not seem to apply to the aforementioned players did it? :laugh:

I refer you back to your Mr Goodfellow.

I refer you back to your Mr Goodfellow.
Come on Dyer!

He falls over his own feet more than Sam Mason.

A panic buy who will always be bullied out of a game by a half-decent right-back.

The quicker we get him off our books, the better IMHO.

Him and Wilkshire should open up a cafe in Amsterdam; they seem emotionally attached to grass :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Rougier is a class player and is usually as good as that , ask the brentford fans. He was amazing against us for brentford and just as good last night. Scotty is still not at his best and if rougier plays like that again on saturday he will have to fight for his place back. The worrying thing about murray is that he has lost a yard of pace that he had and left backs dont find it hard to keep up with him anymore , i've noticed his crossing has got much better since he's been back though , he's probably had to work on it due to his loss of pace.

his pace (and goals) will return with games under his belt, Neo is right in that we do not have time on our side at present.

Rougier looked very, very good, but read what the Reading fans said about him "one good game followed by 3 bad games". I think another quote was "a very good player for someone who cannot cross, head or score!"

having seen him play now I kind of understand those comments, yes he beat the full back for fun, but we never scored from his moves and he normally wasted the great position he had got himself into. another goodridge me thinks!!

Rougier had an inspired 30 mins last night, and could have turned the game for us. He was absolutely brilliant. But I didn't see anything that implied that he could do it for much longer than 30 minutes, as by the end he was clearly knackered, and that's having only started the game 24 minutes in.

I'm glad we've got him as back up for Scott, but if he does start against Luton I can't see him playing much more than an hour. Mind you, if it's an hour at last night's standard, that'll do me.

rougier did play very well with the ball at his feet last night and for me was definatly m.o.m.

but i personally dont think he would score as many as murray in our team.

I'm not slagging rougier but murray has more willingness to come off the wing and join the strikers when play is coming from the left,rougier tends to hang wide.

i think that suits murray better because peacock does most of his work outside the box so we need someone else in the area when the ball comes in, i think thats what murray brings more than rougier,although rougier is still a great asset to have

rougier did play very well with the ball at his feet last night and for me was definatly m.o.m.

but i personally dont think he would score as many as murray in our team.

I'm not slagging rougier but murray has more willingness to come off the wing and join the strikers when play is coming from the left,rougier tends to hand wide.

i think that suits murray better because peacock does most of his work outside the box so we need someone else in the area when the ball comes in, i think thats what murray brings more than rougier,although rougier is still a great asset to have

yes I agree, but he would be useful on the left wouldnt he!

yes I agree, but he would be useful on the left wouldnt he!
I'm not to sure about that one to be honest???? is his left foot any good???

i just dont agree with playing wingers on there wrong sides.

ive hated it ever since benny did it to soren andeson and wilson did it to goodfellow,it very rarely comes off

plymouth had a game plan to stop scott murray

so when he went off they thought they would win

the game, on came Rougier (who was class) and they

didn't know much about him.

it is now good to know we have another option

on the right rather than scotty as it would now

take a bit of pressure off of scotts shoulders, but

taking nothing away from Rougier if he can play

like that for the rest of the season then give the man

a contract :laugh:

Archived