IGNORED

Bergkamp, Drogba.... Trundle ?

andy g

Trundles great end to the season is making me wonder if he's been written off a bit early by some of us.

Does anyone else remember Dennis Bergkamps first season at Arsenal. It wasnt that amazing, but obviously he went on to be a superstar there. Drogba too, had a quiet first season at Chelsea.

Maybe he's a similar case.

When he came hear the Swansea fans were saying he needs to be given time, before he comes good - maybe they were right ?

Trundles great end to the season is making me wonder if he's been written off a bit early by some of us.

Does anyone else remember Dennis Bergkamps first season at Arsenal. It wasnt that amazing, but obviously he went on to be a superstar there. Drogba too, had a quiet first season at Chelsea.

Maybe he's a similar case.

When he came hear the Swansea fans were saying he needs to be given time, before he comes good - maybe they were right ?

Bergkamp and Drogba adjusted to a new culture/country not a different level/standard of football.

It looks like Trundle is coming good however 5 goals in 1 season is a poor return for 1 million.

I hope we are proved wrong but a couple of good games don't make a season.

If he doesn't produce in the next couple of games he will be classed as a failure and rightly so.

Bergkamp and Drogba adjusted to a new culture/country not a different level/standard of football.

It looks like Trundle is coming good however 5 goals in 1 season is a poor return for 1 million.

I hope we are proved wrong but a couple of good games don't make a season.

If he doesn't produce in the next couple of games he will be classed as a failure and rightly so.

How about an english player then ?

Andy Cole was another player who took a season to settle in (i remember the joke "why has cantona got black marks on his shoulders - because he's spent the season carrying cole" !)

He will probably be seen as a failure whatever he ends up doing this season. But, my point was that writing him off as a bad player might be a bit premature.

Archived