IGNORED

Why Were The Cornishmen Kept Back?

The normal thing is to wait for the home fans to disperse, rather then letting them out when the home fans are there in numbers.

The kiddie walking beside us (plymouth) out with us quit pleasent. Just wished us the best, they are loking forward to a west country trpiple Plymouth, City and Swindon

I must say that after the QPR game my son and I went out through the car park and lots of QPR fans intermingled with City fans and there was no trouble at all. There again there were no burberys present or infantile idiots sneering at the 1-0 scoreline, so everyone behaved in a civilised manner which is how it should be.

Perhaps lessons were learned as a result of the QPR game.

Certainly when we were walking along Duckmoor Road after the QPR game there were a lot of QPR fans heading for parked cars.

Seems a sensible precaution to me.

I'm sure that was a part of the reasoning.

I would also suggest that, with the game against Plymouth being a night game, it was dark at the end of the match, which always lends itself to better to hooligans who want to hide and 'ambush' opposition supporters around the ground.

With that in mind, allied to the lessons learnt from the QPR game, I think the decision to hold the Plymouth fans back, while the police assembled and created a line at the corner of the Williams and the East End, was a sensible one.

It also allows fans to cool off a bit immediately after the game, and can take the sting out of the high levels of emotion, straight after the match has finished.

Archived