IGNORED

Best Station

bartolona

Both are fine although many Palace fans claim Norwood to be slightly closer and their preferred stop, although T.H. station is opposite a wetherspoons where many of our lot will be heading on Saturday.

We'll be getting off at T.H. for this reason.

Guest Garfunkle
Selhurst is 2.06 miles for the ground compared with Norwood J. at 1 Mile and T.H. at 0.6 miles.

thanks. think ill go for the 1 by spoons then

Guest DanC
Selhurst is 2.06 miles for the ground compared with Norwood J. at 1 Mile and T.H. at 0.6 miles.
That's a long 0.6 miles if I remember correctly.

Is the difference as really as great as that: looking at Google Earth, the 3 stations appear to be near equidistant from the ground, or, at least Selhurst does not look 3 x as far as Thornton Heath (see the yellow dots around the ground) (Thornton Heath to left, Selhurst to south, Norwood to right)

post-3638-1210165223_thumb.jpg

Both are fine although many Palace fans claim Norwood to be slightly closer and their preferred stop, although T.H. station is opposite a wetherspoons where many of our lot will be heading on Saturday.

We'll be getting off at T.H. for this reason.

Think that's where we must have ended up last time. :drunk2:

Don't quote me on this, but I think there may be engineering works going in and out of Norwood Junction station on Saturday.

Selhurst Station is probably the closest, but there'll all within a maximum 15 minutes walking distance of the ground, with Selhurst no more than 10.

Selhurst is the furthest. Thornton and Norwood both have a spoons by them but Thornton spoons is bigger.

Arghhhh conflicting messages! :innocent06:

I've used Selhurst many times and its no more than 10 minutes to the away end, less to the ground. You can see the ground from the station. Follow the Palace fans and they will lead you through the shortcut under the railway line onto Holmesdale Road. Also there a good few pubs around the Station .

Archived