IGNORED

Away Goals

TheBerkeleyBoy

Sorry if this has been covered but do away goals count double in the play-off's - can't seem to remember!!

If they do is 2-1 lose better than a 0 - 0 etc?

Yeah I think this has been covered, and apparently, NO, they do not count

Sorry if this has been covered but do away goals count double in the play-off's - can't seem to remember!!

If they do is 2-1 lose better than a 0 - 0 etc?

Even if they did count, I fail to see how a loss would be better than a draw!!! even if it was 32-31

Even if they did count, I fail to see how a loss would be better than a draw!!! even if it was 32-31

Because some people don't understand the away goals count double rule.

Your eample would mean we won by 30 clear goals and could lost 14-0 at Ashton Gate and still progress.

That said, if we were going to lose a game 32-31 instead of draw 0-0 I think I'd take that, think of the entertainment! (and then we could stuff 'em back at AG after tweaking our defence)

Because some people don't understand the away goals count double rule.

Your eample would mean we won by 30 clear goals and could lost 14-0 at Ashton Gate and still progress.

That said, if we were going to lose a game 32-31 instead of draw 0-0 I think I'd take that, think of the entertainment! (and then we could stuff 'em back at AG after tweaking our defence)

:wacko:

No, I think it's safe to say that YOU don't understand the rule....

I understand perfectly thank you very much but I've come across plenty of people who view it the way I described above.

If in use a 2-1 (or 3-2, 4-3 etc) win away and a 1-0 defeat at home would see us through on the ruling (where the ruling only comes into play at the end of the two 90 mins).

The example above would have been CP 32-31 BC (OR 32-62) and BC 0-14 CP (0-28) giving an agg score of City 62-60 CP if viewed through the incorrect interpretation hinted at by the thread starter.

I understand perfectly thank you very much but I've come across plenty of people who view it the way I described above.

If in use a 2-1 (or 3-2, 4-3 etc) win away and a 1-0 defeat at home would see us through on the ruling (where the ruling only comes into play at the end of the two 90 mins).

The example above would have been CP 32-31 BC (OR 32-62) and BC 0-14 CP (0-28) giving an agg score of City 62-60 CP if viewed through the incorrect interpretation hinted at by the thread starter.

Still means 0-0 is better than 1-2 :innocent06:

The double issue comes form commentators using this analogy in tight games where a side away from home scores to put them ahead and this could mean that the opposing team would have to score twice to avoid losing, as by just scoring once it may be the case the scores would be level, but they would lose having scored less away goals.

Rule 2.4 of the play-off rules tells you everything you need to know...

2.4 In the Semi-Finals, the first leg shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration.If the aggregate scores are level at the end of 90 (ninety) minutes in the second leg, extra time will be played. If the scores remain level at the end of extra time the tie will be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark, in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

...so away goals are irrelevant.

Rule 2.4 of the play-off rules tells you everything you need to know...

2.4 In the Semi-Finals, the first leg shall be of 90 (ninety) minutes duration.If the aggregate scores are level at the end of 90 (ninety) minutes in the second leg, extra time will be played. If the scores remain level at the end of extra time the tie will be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark, in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

...so away goals are irrelevant.

Thanks - all we all need to know

Archived